You can still swap loot specs before a boss and "steal" loot

I do not understand how Blizzard can keep this in place.

The very rare weapon dropped on Rashok, a balance druid that never plays feral/guardian swaps loot specs and wins the roll.

It should be that you roll on loot on the spec you play and if no main spec needs it, then it can go to off spec

Lfr drama again…
Remember, you are not entitled to the loot in this mode. Everyone takes part in killing the bosses, thus everyone have equal rights to roll whatever they see as desirable.

5 Likes

I sometimes do damage in raids, but am a healer main spec.

Does that mean I should give up on every healing items?

yes because it is the lesser of the evils

Ehh, way to make it difficult to form a raid…

The solution to me is forcing people to stick with one loot spec for the duration of a raid (though this probably has technical loopholes). That avoids people’s loot spec being “whichever lets me press need on the most items for this boss lol”, except in cases where they dearly want something that is restricted to a certain spec.

Ok, I know what happens next: “It was the same with Personal Loot!”

No, it wasn’t. If a boss drops a belt you really want and an offspec trinket you barely care about, under PL you’d adjust your loot spec to maximize your chances of getting that belt. With Group Loot, the opportunists flock to using the offspec loot spec because they can still roll for the belt but also press need on the trinket, much to the detriment of people who really want that trinket.

1 Like

I wont be raiding then, or only with friends. I never minded changing specs to ease the groups composition and reduce fornation time.

But most of us don’t pug for the sake of it. If can’t at least have a chance to roll on drops, nah I’m out.

Even you expect drops from the raid, thats why you are frustrated.

I’m not sure making decisions that will actually refrain people from joining raids is the “lesser of two evils”

so what. he want for tmog

Exactly!!!

No because there are a lot of cases where you want loot that are from other loot spec but that are good for yours.

Dps trinket on healers in keys for example.
Dps trinket on tanks both for keys and raids.

If i join a sarkareth to drop the trinket to try it in keys i should not be forced to join as a dps to roll for it.

Plus there are also cases where you are playing your side spec, but you are looking for gear for MS.

If a person is tanking/healing cause it is easier to be invited they should still be free to roll for their main spec.

This is not really different compared to people swapping lootspec each time with personal loot.

You just see the roll happen and feel like you have been robbed. Truth is, that you had n more right over that loot compared to the person that got it.

Did you seriously write all that bullcrap explanation saying you should be able to ninja dps items as healer/tank and vice versa?

Get over yourself. If I main dps but help lower the queue time by healing or tanking, who are you to gatekeep what I can roll on?

Who cares about loot anyway, the only relevant pieces are tiers and trinkets afterall.

People were clearing hc on 425 ish, if you need a trinket to perform on m+, who cares; on average, the playerbase will not do anything else than getting gear for capping 17s and call it. Not everyone is pushing for rank1 spec/role in raiderio or pushing for logs or even progress for mythic raids; as of PvP, you don’t need anything else than tiers from PvE (which is garbage ngl, and will get fixed within few weeks).

So, in the end, why would we cry about items besides of tier sets, which can’t be stolen from spec swap?

Hahahah, so you’re saying group composition should not matter at all, F it, roles dont matter at all, loot is for everyone, lets have healers need on Ashkandur.

I’m a hpala main, and when we get Neltharion on LFR difficulty, I’ll swap to ret and roll it.

And? That is perfectly fine. You play the role for it, you get rights to roll for it.
I am talking about loot spec changing for bosses.

Nah, I’d intentionally swap my spec to get the sword for tmog, I’m not playing ret at all (maybe once in a blue moon to do some WQs). Just like the druid in OPs post, because as I already said, everyone within the raid have equal rights to roll for whatever they want.

Well, congrats?
This has almost nothing to do with the issue being discussed. Weapon (even being that of semi-legendary status/effect) is so bad on LFR level and so easily crafted. I am also unsure if you even understand that we’re talking about clicking on your portrait and selecting a loot role of that which you are not playing for the raid/group. Not gonna talk about how you aren’t even able to put on that transmog if you are Hpal, but keep on excusing your douchiness.

That’s exactly what I’m about to do, and was talking about. The sword is perfectly usable for tmog on hpalas, and there’s zero douchiness in looting it. Because again, people like you call it like that only because “but I want this sword too, how can they roll for it?!”. Just stop thinking that you are a better fit for a piece of something and “douchiness” would magically disappear from the world. Well, the world of Warcraft, at least.

With the high amount of two hands above 400 ilvl that give intellect (1, crafted 2h mace) usable by paladins, and with the spells that require shields, sure, it is perfectly usable.

Yep, it will be added to my tmog list once it gets in my bags. Because, paladins, you know…