"You have been disconnected" error when logging in for the first time

Hi all,

I just resubbed to WoW and opened the game to find that it would not log on at all. Each time I am given the error mentioned (You have been disconnected), even though it is the first time I’m logging in. I also now cannot even log in to battle.net. I have done a little research on the topic but so far nothing has helped. I have tried:

• Power cycling internet/modem as well as computer
  • Flushed dns/cache
  • Reset my password
  • Turning off/disabling antivirus and firewall
  • I added WoW as well as the launcher both into the exceptions on both my firewall as well as Avast antivirus
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled both battle.net launcher as well as the game itself

Hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance!

Are you opening WoW without the Battle.net app? I’m guessing you may be missing the most recent updates for wow and this could be causing the issue.

1 Like

I can’t open it with the launcher or just by clicking the .exe in the folder. I also now cannot even log on the launcher (but I can log on the website.)

1 Like

Could you try Deleting the Battle.net launcher, then reinstall it using the installer on the website.

Before reinstalling it, can you clear the Battle.net files:

• Press windows key + R

• Type %programdata%

• Click OK

• Rename the Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders

• Press windows key + R

• Type %appdata%

• Click OK

• Rename the Battle.net folder

• Press windows key + R

• Type %localappdata%

• Click OK

• Rename the Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders

It seems that the app and the game may have been quarantined at some point based on the information you’ve provided. If a reinstall works for the app but wow still has issues, you will likely need to delete and reinstall the game.

We can check for other causes, but we’d need an msinfo which you can upload to pastebin, providing a link to the upload using the preformatted text option.

1 Like

Hi, so I have done those steps, except with step 2 (Type %appdata%) there was no folder to rename. I renamed the others though and deleted battle.net app then redownloaded it again. Same problem.

I don’t know if it makes a difference, but my husband also cannot log in. Same error message when he tries from the launcher.

Here’s the pastebin of the msinfo: https://pastebin.com/GqCjcwbC

Edit: Update. I just wanted to try something random, so I unplugged from the router and set up a hotspot on my phone. I logged on via wifi on my computer, and I was able to log in to the game as well as launch wow.exe with no issues. Does this then mean that the problem is my network somehow, and if so, how to fix it?

I had the same problem yesterday and I don’t know how to solve it, I did all the solutions written for the (WOW51900319) error

So I gave up and formate my computer

So far the problem is still there and I don’t know how to solve it

1 Like

Mine isn’t solved either. I contacted my ISP and they were useless, so there is nothing else I can do. I’ve scoured the net for hours for a fix and nothing works. I hope you are able to fix yours soon (and mine as well!) Will keep trying.

Hello.

I JUST now made a character on horde kazzak and it’s happening to me too.
I can log in to my other billion characters just fine but this new one is not working. I made it and chose Exile’s Reach as starting zone. The moment in the tutorial where it tells you to hold rightclick and turn your character, instant DC. Sometimes I can’t even log on to the character.

Tried without mods and reinstalling, nothing working so far.
Like I said… all my other characters are fine.

This has happened for me also. Same starting area. Very rare it will begin the game however when I try to follow the tutorial it crashes. Will not even let me delete the character which is even more absurd. Rest of my 10 other toons are fine. I wouldn’t be too bothered however I reserved his name for a long time :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a potentially tricky situation that can occur if a disconnection occurs while the character is still traveling on the ship towards Exile’s Reach. In this case: please let us know via a ticket ingame, we have some ways to help (or can at least delete the character, if so desired).

Tried this but i also still D/C every time I log in for the first time on

It is a worse antivirus than windows defender.
You don’t have any antivirus protection.

If you are looking for a free antivirus then bitdefender, kaspersky, panda.
It is possible that bitdefender no longer offers a free version.

I suggest you start your check with

and with the free version of malwarebytes