"Your computer is out of date"

Since 2 months ago i got this message when i log in (Your computer its out of date). This is not true, my computer has all the drivers updated. Its an MSI gaming laptop with 16GB RAM Intel(R) Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 TI. So the problem is that sometimes the game gets freezed for like 2min while doing a raid. I lowered my graphic settings to low and still happen, when 2 years ago i used to play with Full graphics setup. This is not normal. My computer can handle this game without problems. Why is this happening? The last solution i have is to uninstall wow and reinstall it from 0. This problem came with the last big patch, like 2months ago.

3 Likes

You need to post this on the Technical forum if your wanting any feedback.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, OP.

It’s rarely an actual issue (freezes on very rare occasions for a couple of minutes), but it’s just annoying to look at, mostly.

Come on, computer nerds. Help!

1 Like

You need to upgrade your graphic drivers and the message goes away. It just warns you that some features might not work as intended and you might experience issues. (Artifacts, flickering, minor or larger freezes).

For those who are on the latest drivers for their card (like GTX 460 in my older pc) you are fine. You will be losing some graphical features that are unsupported by your card HW but dx11 cards should be still ok for future wow classic.

2 Likes

Update your Nvidia drivers.

4 Likes

It was Nvidia drivers, open the Nvidia app and uou should have a message with an critical update. Update and restar PC

2 Likes

Definetely thats the solution. Now im playing with high graphics plus the game runs much smoother

1 Like

Well, bear in mind that gfx drivers are so finicky and prone to randomness depending on your card and rest of the pc it might help you but not other people. While keeping everything up to date is good, gfx drivers are rare exception where you should only upgrade when needed. The advertised “game optimisation” and “performance increase” are really just marketing and the gains are infinitesimal in most cases.

2 Likes

I’ll have a look when I’m home from work.

Thanks!

Berny Lenovo Legion with 16gb ram i7-9750H, and 1660 TI. Blizz trolling you. Invencibel system is well ahead of game.

System might, drivers might not. To be fair if you specify each error of your program for the user (ie “the classical way”) you might overwhelm them with informations. Just saying something is wrong ( the “modern way”) you sent them to buy new pc/service right away and keep capitalism alive.

1 Like

I usually buy a new computer every time because I’m filthy rich and I don’t have the patience to deal with modern technology and its endless faults.

Damned Goblin Engineering.

Evil capitalism.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.