Your faction leadership and character ranking

yes i can imagine it being hard to see past their tail wiggle being a male human paladin but they appear to be some sort of space goats that follow glowing wind chimes very odd

As always, your input is spectacularly useless.

1 Like

alas we can’t all be as insightful as the ever privileged male human paladins what would the forum be like without you and your brothers true genius right … shrugs

This arguement is beyond idiotic honestly :man_facepalming: What would you have rather the Alliance of Lordaeron (not current Alliance because if thats the case then Quel’Thalas is also responsible and guess who they have been allied with last 20 in game years) have done instead- Genocide?.

The Orcs were’nt care bears that had become lost on a day trip through the Dark Portal- They had launched 2 wars against Azeroth, wiped out Stormwind, ravaged every kingdom all the way to Quel’Thalas, slaughtered countless innocents and were sent by the bloody Burning Legion stinking of Fel to conquer and destroy the planet like they had their own world.

The Alliance, especially Lordaeron showed incredible mercy to the Horde by not wiping them out, something no 1 would have begrudged them all things considered if they had. It’s a mercy that has been shown countless times since then for example we raid Stonard in Cata,destroy supplies and kill soldiers but don’t destroy it or kill civilians compare that to say Brennadam where we have wholesale slaughter and torture of civilians and firebombing of the town and well :man_shrugging:

The Alliance both old and new gets demonised for attacking back against the Horde, for defending itself against the Horde but also gets demonised for saving the Horde and not slaughtering them all every time they commit genocide or mana bomb/firebomb/blight etc etc an Alliance capital/town/zone/race etc. Cant win either way it seems.

This was literally about Alliance being too soft instead of using the evil/grey path instead. What are you even on about?

Lor’themar is the only Horde leader atm with actual leadership qualities.

Actually blizzard retconned the story AWAY from eredar beings the ones corrupting him.

The story right now is that Sargeras found the eredar, saw their magical potential and decided to corrupt them. You even get that story in Legion I think… or was it Warlords of Draenor? Can’t remember which.

But the eredar no longer corrupts Sargeras.

But you are correct, that USED TO BE the story.

1 Like

It doesn’t help the fact that Velen for millenias didn’t do anything to counter Legion.

2 Likes

He was sad about it, it is 100% enough for “good” people.

2 Likes

He just wanted to do what Saurfang did, but the team found sad old Orcs much more photogenic than sad old Draenei.

1 Like

Oh god… imagine if Legion was framed by “Old Goat” Velen cinematics…

3 Likes

Lol it reminds me about South Park episode where BP company was saying they were sorry :joy:

But yeah making sad face and saying “I’m good now” makes you get scott free from wrong doings apparently.

Oh nice I like the idea of this but idk if i cba to think about ranking them like that so im just gonna list positive, negative and not sure.

Positive

• Blood Elves (Lor’themar): I’m gonna check my own bias right off the bat because I love the Blood Elves. I like Lor’themars voice acting and I really enjoyed both the Sin’dorei heritage and Nightborne recruitment quests. I was pretty dismayed to see him get so involved in the Baine rescue and eventual coup. Since the Sunwell’s purification the Belfs have become the Horde’s “Light” race - and the additional prominence of Liadrin has helped alot there - but the way that has manifested over the last couple of expansions is an almost Anduin tier moral compass. He’s far too pure now and situations i think he’d have put the safety of his own people first in the past he’s now consistently opting to do the right thing regardless of the cost. However it’s still not enough for me not to love every Belf.
  • Darkspear (Rokhan): This is one of my favourite 8.3 updates. Rokhan has been the de facto leader of the Darkspear since Vol’jin became Warchief and it’s about time it was recognized. I also like the idea of it going to someone who we can see over the course of this game has earned that right. Rokhan isn’t someones son, or someeone with loads of money, he’s just a hardworking troll who tries to do right by his people.
  • Nightborne (Thalyssra) : I like these guys alot. It was great to see what appeared to be an Alliance race come to the Horde based on idelogical and cultural similarities with one of it’s members. Thalyssra seems like she’s working hard and I like the voice/design/her staff but my main concern is her becoming too submissive to Lor’themar (not like that) because someone who lead a rebellion on behalf of her people shouldnt become a 2nd vote for someone else on the council. Side note: I think Valtrois and Oculeth are brilliant characters and i hope we see them alot more.
  • Goblins (Gazlowe): I like Gazlowe alot and it will be interesting to see what the Goblins can do under someone less corrupt and self serving than Gallywix. He also builds a pretty mean Garrison so I’m happy to vouch for his credentials.
  • Mag’har Orc (Geyah): There hasn’t been too much to go on with these but the idea of them is definitely interesting. My main +point for Geyahis that she’s one of the few who speaks out in support of Sylvanas arresting Baine. Whether you agree or not, at least she had her own opinion and explained her reasons.
  • Zandalari (Talanji: I like Talanji and Zandalar might be my favorite continent to date. Talanji has been heavily involved and I really enjoyed Nazmir, her coronation and the Vol’jin spirit questline. I was a bit worried she might be too “good” at first but i think that could change and she has a lot of potential. I wouldn’t want her to go evil ofc but as a priestess of Bwonsamdi instead of Rezan now, i’d like to see her basically respec from Holy to Disc; to be more willing to consider both the shadow and the light etc.

Negative

• Tauren (Baine): Baine has been communicating and collaborating with Alliance leaders for years now and, whilst i don’t necessarily have a problem with a few characters wanting to try and look past the conflict for mutual benefit sometimes etc, I just can’t think of anything Baine has done aside from that. He is Jaina but he doesn’t have the same Arc’s she has been given nor the increases of power, so he comes across as a boring Alliance sympathizer as of late.
  • Orc(?): Idk who the Orc leader is in 8.3 but I did not care for Saurfang’s “bla bla HONOUR” saga of this expansion. He was one of the most 1-dimensional prominent characters of BFA and he has reduced orcs to a caricature of themselves. I hope that the addition of the Mag’har helps them go back to their true “horde” roots.
  • Huojin (Ji Firepaw): This guy needs to do something other than stand on top of the boat all day. I know he got injured in SoO and then eloped but he’s one of the least visible and by extension least interesting horde leaders to me.

Unsure

• Highmountain Tauren (Mayla): I quite like the Highmountain questline and it seems like her story is pretty similar to Talanji’s but she hasn’t featured much in Horde affairs since she joined so its hard to know really.
  • Forsaken(???): Sylvanas is gone and so is everyone I would have thought could have replaced her. I initially thought that the Forsaken would be the ones to end up with a council when I saw she would be going but when they confirmed people like Velonara and Belmont went with her i didn’t really know. I like Lillian Voss as a character but I dont buy the Forsaken accepting her as their Leader tbh.

All this is in the context of the extent character building and faction identity is currently done in wow though. I don’t think any of them are close to perfect representations of the lore because so much of what makes them great exists in the novels, comics or in game blocks of text that doesn’t get read. Some of it is even in old expansions that simply just dont come up in the main story anymore. That’s why I think its important to keep adding large and small stories for these characters instead of bringing them out when it’s time for them to push the current major plot forward.

Sorry for anyone who read all this i couldn’t even be bothered to proof read it lol

2 Likes

The cake is a lie.

(I am so sorry, I couldn’t resist. Well-written post though, have an apology like.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.