Your opinion about World PvP after the Alliance buff

Hello everyone. I want to know your experience after the WM buff for the alliance. For me they just pushed the alliance to finally truly exist in the warmode. You punsh the Horde and get punched back sometimes. Just like it should be. Yeah, there are still many groups on Wednesday cause of the 385 quest, but they are smaller every week. You even see that the alliance buff got nerfed to 20% because we exist in WM again. So whats you opinion to the current situation?

1 Like

I sometimes wonder if I’m qualifies enough to have a WM opinion because I seem to play it for reasons other than the buff (and gear) :disappointed:

But I haven’t really seen that much of a change to be honest, and I wonder if it’s because I fool around too much :slight_smile:

When I lvl alts in WM, the world is still empty on both sides.

When I run around in general and quest, no chars attacks me before I attack them (they sometimes just run - and I’m really not good enough to run away from :expressionless:)

When I actively seeks pvp I find no one around me

The Underbelly is still my fav place to get unexpected pvp from :upside_down_face:

But, I’m positive - maybe this can change the WM experince when people have the time to adjust and prepare for some good pvp :slight_smile:

1 Like

From a personal perspective I would love to have the same gear incentive as Alliance just because it would create more Horde wpvp groups in LFG to join, but other than that it’s alright.

Your experience is still decided by whatever shard you happen to phase into, and I have experienced everything from totally Horde dominated to totally Alliance dominated, and everything in between.

But overall it’s certainly better than before. Still a lot of ally gank squads, but as op said their numbers seem to be going down.

1 Like

Yeah, that feels alway bad. As a rogue I also have struggle to catch my enemy, ven with my engineer tools.

You need to go to the azerize quests. There are always players.

I hope it gor you too!

Like Ion already said they try to remove a few Horde players (I think especially PvE player) from the WM. It seems that the only way to balance that all is to fill the lack of PvP players with PvE players.

It seems that I had luck, cause it seemed that I only visited balanced shards

Yrah I think so. I mean there are already people with an Itemlevel of 400 so it shouldn’t take a long time. Mabe 1 or to wraks I think.

Love it!

The outnumbered buff has stimulated wpvp, each zone’s conflict hot spots have heated up even more. Assaults are especially hot, awesome. That’s great for wpvp.

You can choose to take part in the carnage, or avoid the hot spots and do 1v1. I like both, so there’s good variety. PvP is happening on a consistent basis. So much better than old pvp realms, where I hoped for wpvp. In BfA 8.1, I know there will be wpvp.

However, if closer balance gets achieved, and losing the kill quest at 15% reduces Alliance wm’ers too much, some Alliance can help by remaining proactive. Need to keep hammering those world quests to get Horde non wpvpers to wm off!

1 Like

1% alliance with wm enabled wil 1v1…the rest are just bunched up 5×4 man groups, camping flightpoints.

Doesn’t matter. As long as there is killing happening. I got so sick of seeing enemies pass each other by pre 8.1. The reward system in 8.1 has really stimulated killing.

It’s player choice to fly into a known meat grinder area. Using fps known to be regularly camped is a choice. Same for soloing known popular wqs, choice.

Anecdotal: At the voldun turtle fp yesterday, there was some late night Alliance camping. Horde fpers got mushed. But plenty Horde were on the fringes, having fun being killed or killing me when I wandered off. They could have grouped and wiped the Alliance campers, but they preferred to stay on the edge for straggler kills. Looked like those wpvpers were having fun to me. The fpers, they chose to be mushed. Why is it fun to mush? Carnage is always fun.

US wow forums say their bonus stayed at 15% after losing kill quest, a good sign.

2 Likes

I like the way WM currently is, especially Assaults. Sure, there are more Alliance groups/raids running around, but so I see Horde fighting back. More interestingly, there are actually many more Alliance running solo/duo, giving more chances to earn honour from killing them. The last Tiragarde incursion was personally best experience so far, getting around 700 honour in an hour or so.

In other words, it was after this change that I was also able to earn meaningful progress for tour of duty achievements without having to join city raids or such. I’m pleased with that, and the fact that wpvp is more alive now.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.