Your own lore!

I have an idea about the achievement system in WoW. What if all the achievements gave us also a part in the lore- That means, everytime we complete an achievement (maybe only the main/important ones ? ), a lorebook of your own character would be created. Once you kill Denathrius Mythic for example, a lore page/chapter would be filled in a new tab next to the achievements. Or once you get gladiator in a season, a sentence like “there he was, no one denied his gladiator skills since he massacred ‘enemy1’, ‘enemy2’ and ‘enemy3’ on that day in the arena.” These sentences/paragraph could be premade (maybe a sentence/paragraph among 5 is randomly selected for you) and filled automatically the blanks with names/bosses etc. Since many achievements are already there, this book could technically automatically fill for the past achievements. So what do you think about it? Maybe we could order our own books from bliz store one day. That kind of a thing would be something to remember.

1 Like

I would like to own a book about how Tomaki vanquished Bowjob, Skinnipeen and Gâàrrõsh in the arena

1 Like

TECHNICALLY. And hear me out.

Something like this is actually done in past gaming examples meant to enrich communities by engaging their creativity. Of course, you’ll see a lot of meme made out for simply joking, but when your constraints is pretty much the narrative setting, you’re bound to get such entries.

A good example of this was recently done by the Warhammer Community, who wanted to expand on their horror genre of the Black Library by instead looking to the minds of their fanbase to create cohesive entries and stories that is up to their interpretation. The successful entries would be featured into becoming fully fledged texts and thus added to the Black Library as a result.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/19/we-want-your-tales-of-darkness/

^ It’s a very nice initiative. Something like this could be done for people - or heck - even a range of people who want to contribute something back in a creative sense.

Just made me think of this when reading the OP’s post, at least. It need not be ‘canonical’ to anyone, because that would be applying too much pressure even as reference material. But as a better way to display achievements? Sounds good!

1 Like

I think it’d be cool to have an in-game journal depicting our character’s adventures in the story. Guild Wars 2 did this and it’s pretty awesome.

“This is my story.”

1 Like

I wouldn’t care, because most of those things, if not all aren’t something I see as canon for my characters anyway.

It could be a nice touch for people that like it though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.