Your suggestions to improve WoW

Don’t give them any ideas.

Also, you lose like… 20-30% of your stygia with one death. I was carrying 2400 stygia and lost like 650. So yea… way more than 10%.

Reading before thinking is hard…

So you have real way to know that lfr/lfd etc had any impact on anything or would it still be the same. Nothing but emotional drivel from you.

What a pointless follow up counter point to what i said, you don’t even get what i just said.

Yeah at this point i know where this is going. This is that usual poster who can’t understand what i am saying no matter what, regardless of how many times i try to explain things to them i don’t agree in. And instead thinks ‘‘he’s angry, too much emotion’’.

Telling things how they are is not being angry, it’s called speaking direct.

But again why do i bother, you are that usual type on here. I cba.

Heres something to concider, how come other games with lfr/lfd style features remain “social” but somehow with wow it’s devs fault that playerbase is supposedly anti-social and it’s because these tools that stop elitist gatekeeping content from everyone?

Seems like you are just hyporcite.

And you are unintelligible af.

What a comeback to serious question… didn’t figure any answer because i’m right?
Grow up.

Because i didn’t want to answer it because you are as said, when you didn’t get what i am saying.

Also follow your next own advise to, you just gave me yourself.

Figured, you are just hate bandwagoner without real arguments. “Waah waah lfd/lfr bad muh social interaction suffers but only for this mmo…for reasons”

Whatever dude. Atleast i ain’t imature and tells someone to grow up, (unlike you) just because you don’t understand what i was saying.

But again, w/e.

• Remove borrowed power and balance core class kits
  • Faction merge
  • Global chat
  • Perma-ban botters and boosters
  • Go back to classic fantasy in Azeroth; no more sci-fi space odyssey with everyone constantly teleporting around BS
  • PvP 100% skill based with solo queue
2 Likes

Fix the lag.

It’s the worst it has ever been.

1.I wish for more talent rows. Say for example, Assasination rogues get 3 talent specs to choose from.

1. Melee and hunter abilities scale with weapon damage.

2. A new exciting class.

3. Faster way to level up.

4. make bgs and arenas better, currently its whoever stayed up the most to get gladiator gear that is winning every match.

5. Remove macros and make people click again, make it fair for everyvone especially in pvp. Oh how many times i been oneshotted by macros.

7.Make MM hunters and hunters in general seem more cared for. Maybe bring back mana for them. Arcane shot feels like something a mage would cast not a hunter.

First things first:

• remove ion
  • bring back mop class design
  • it’s you want to make m+ season, stop making gear rare, bring back extra rolls for raids and m+. Meaningful gear does not work in a seasoned themed game
  • stop “fixing” stuff that no one asked for, baron sword for example, and let other important Stuff unfixed, get the priorities straight you :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:
  • less time gating
  • stop locking so much stuff behind dumb rep grinds
  • fix the god damn legacy DMG and let us farm old transmogs
  • bring back reforging. Reason for removing it officially was “it’s to complicated for the players” :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face: but now we have 177378 systems which you need to sim, to know what’s better.

There are even more Points, but i just get to annoyed to much thinking about it…
Sub runs out either way.

2 Likes

Fundamentally there’s one thing that’s needed, it’s Devs that play the game

2 Likes

That’ll not fix the game AT ALL if u think LFR and LFD is the main cause of what’s currently the game you’re wrong, how about the constantly WTS M+ NOVA BOOST! spam in trade, and opening to try to find a PUG “SELLING m+, CURVE!” and not to mention the endless farm for nothing, unbalanced PVP everything.

Also Wow Tokens, boosts, TBC as well BOOSTS Pay to win game now, u buy a token and buy boosts, welcome to wow 2020-2021 or ever since WOW added shops and boosts and made meh content

Best idea for improvement is don’t allow current WoW team on an expansion anymore. Move them to a different project. They proved that they are out of touch and not able to satisfy even a bit of our expectations. Maybe they are talented coders but not talented designers. I don’t trust them and I don’t believe they can do anything properly. Whatever we ask for when they finally get it has their new twist:

-PvP vendor but with a twist of upgrades
-WoD gearing - with a twist of smaller ilvl difference and upgrades
-Tier sets - shards of domination. According to Preach leaks in their eyes they are the same thing.

I want pre-WoD WoW with less grind, no borrowed power. Instead of these garbage systems focus on fixing classes and specs. It’s pathetic that specs like Demo or Enhancement are at best mediocre at anything.

2 Likes

This is why the game won’t improve.

How to improve WoW? That’s a tall order given how degraded the game experience has become. It’s not just the game you see, but the entire culture pervading team 2 which needs to change. Leaving aside the whole abuse scandal, which is affecting WoW by creating a hostile work environment, I would like to see the following.

I would like the WoW team to release a communication in the near future regarding the state of the game. I want to see an acknowledgement that they have gotten things badly wrong and that they have left World of Warcraft in a poorer place than when they found it.
I want to see them specifically cite how they’ve handled the game’s lore and how they have consistently introduced systems nobody wants to create an anti-player experience. I want them to acknoweldge that they have failed because if they publicly admit they have failed, we can have hope for the future. At the moment, because they don’t communicate with us, we are under the impression they are operating in a bubble when it comes to designing this game and that they are under the impression what they are giving us is what we want.

Having acknowledged their failure, I would like to see the following. An explicit statement that 9.2 cannot fix things, you can’t rip the guts out of an expansion at the mid point. They will deploy quality of life changes such as finally pulling the ripcord and easing covenant transitions, but 9.2 can only manage problems rather than solve them.

I would then like them to say that 10.0 will be a brand new start for the game, a sea change from the template established in Legion. I want them to say they will only launch 10.0 when they know it’s good and that this may mean an expansion launch in 2023. The willingness to delay to 2023 would mean they are returning to a focus on quality, rather than the need to launch a boxed product at a certain point to improve Activision’s quarterly results.

Once they have publicly apologised and acknowledged the problem, they should get down to fundamentals. Every aspect of World of Warcraft needs to be rebuilt from the ground up into a new template. Once this template is established and if it proves popular, they need to resist the need to continually iterate or systemise. The less systems there are in the game, the more fun players have.

They need to keep things simple. Borrowed power systems should be out, purged, removed. Power should come from gear alone. Gear should come from raids, pvp and dungeons. That’s it, that is the sole metric of player progression.

I would scrap talents. Talents in too many cases offer false choices. The biggest choice a player can make is spec. Design each spec as a complete package, fold in the talents that works baseline, remove those that are not required.

A SWTOR style legacy system should be introduced so that your alts benefit from actions taken on your main. Alts should be given the option to skip any story content you’ve completed on your main and reputations should be account wide.

Justice points should come back as a currency to purchase catch up gear. Justice points should be earned through a variety of activities. Patch islands with a bespoke currency to get catch up gear invalidate too much prior content to be worth it and is bad design. Oh, and such gear should be deterministic. Korthia gear tokens that roll to a random slot are obnoxious to the point of insulting, how dare you place players on a treadmill hoping for a lucky break in terms of getting one of their last missing items. No respect for player time in that.

Timewalking needs to be completely overhauled. All old dungeons should get a timewalking mode wherein the player is scaled down to the appropriate level and ilevel for it. This will remove the need for a ‘heroic’ version of the dungeon, the max level intermediary step between normal and mythic. If a dungeon is current, doing this version will reward gear of an ilevel appropriate for your max level. If a dungeon is from an older expanion, it will be placed in a special timewalking dungeon queue which should reward JP several times a week.

There should be a Timewalking raid queue as well, based on the old LFR segments of each raid so that they are between 1 and 4 bosses long each. Raids from before timewalking was introduced should similarly be broken up into LFR sized chunks and placed in a timewalking raid queue that will reward JP and maybe some VP if done two or three times a week. Timewalking raids and dungeons should be of a difficulty that people have to actually play their characters in order to get through it. The current raid will have it’s timewalking segments added to a separate queue for the expansion, that separate queue will ultimately contain all the timewalking segments for an expansion and when a new expansion launches they will be moved into the bigger timewalking queue. LFR will be replaced by this system.

Timewalking levelling needs some adjustments, with each expansion provided a narrative ‘spine’ to guide players through as well as requirements to do various dungeons and raids (using the overhauled timewalking system) to complete it. WOTLK would end with a quest to clear ICC and kill Arthas for example.

I would remove normal difficulty raiding and maintain heroic and mythic difficulties, but lower the difficulty curve on both to make them more welcoming to players. Ilevel inflation and multiple difficulties have proven difficult to control and maintaining four difficulties has contributed to this. I would also return master looter, while there were points in favour of it’s removal the truth is it’s just another part of Blizzard’s philosophy to control and metric everything we do.

I would move mythic+ from being a time trial for esports purposes into a proper dungeon crawl, throttled by a death counter, where each pack is it’s own encounter and where crowd control is a requirement to survive. Massive pulls would not be the centrepiece, clever gameplay would be. And as for esports a timer could just be set up if people still want to watch taht.

I would return tier sets to every raid and commit to keeping them.

I would guarantee that each expansion will have at least one new battleground and one or two new arenas to serve the PVP community.

I would introduce player housing as a priority. I would ensure players had the tools to craft furniture as a part of their professions. I would drop blueprints from older content.

I would redouble the focus on character customisation, deploying new customisations as an expected part of each patch when they are done, ensuring that while all races will get equal treatment in terms of new options not all races can get new options at the same time.

I would expand the range of emotes. I would look into improving character models so they look less janky in cinematics.

I would look to expand micro holidays and other holidays into major events for roleplayers.

I would overhaul the Darkmoon Faire, making it a permanent attraction rather than being open for only one week a month and greatly expanding the range of mini games on offer.

That is part of what I would do to improve wow.

Really? If I want to play a Crash Bandicoot Druid why are you stopping me? Everybody plays the game for a different reason so just let them play what ever way they want. And before you go lore this and lore that, I think we have established that if you are in to lore go play FF14. They do the story thing. I mean it just come to light the Elune put the night elves in to a deep sleep in Teldrasil so they would die in the fire that Sylvanas started so they would serve as anima (fertilizer) for her sister’s (the Winter Queen) garden. Besides the Jailor is about to destroy all of reality anyway so that we all wake up a few months later with a sore backside, 5 bucks in our hand and can’t remember what happened (and hope fully a whole new WoW 2.0 Sandbox Edition). So just let people have fun they way they want to.

1. All classes for all races.
  2. Switch classes on characters.
  3. Specific rewards for doing specific content. (fish RNG)
  4. Relevant old zones and old crafting materials.
1 Like

Get rid of tokens and that would kill the boosters .