Your suggestions to improve WoW

I still enjoy some parts of WoW and I don’t think the game is as bad as many say. With that said, I think the game can improve in many ways. So this is a thread where we can we can write the changes/improvements/additions we would like to see.

Some of my wishes:

• Make some of the older zones relevant again. Add some new quests with smaller stories/quests that has nothing to do with the main story. Just to get that feeling of adventure again. Or maybe smaller random invasions fitting to the Zone theme. The rewards should not be tied to progression, at least not in a major way. People should not feel likes its a mandatory thing to do. Just to add some chill content to make Azeroth feel alive.

• Player housing, not the garrison way. No buildings tied to professions or mission tables. Just a simple house that you can decorate and make your own. Collect stuff from old/new dungeons, raids, some from the new quests in the old zones and from archeology.

• Bring back class tier sets with set bonuses. They are much more interesting and fun than azerite armors etc.

• If they gonna have new systems in the game, keep it simple. Even though I like my druid night fae ability, it justs too much of everything. Souldbinds, conduits, legendaries and so on. It doesn’t feel good when they nerf a legendary and you feel forced to craft a new one, especially when its tied to professions and cost a lot of gold. And in a worst case scenario, you may feel forced to switch covenant. And no more systems, on systems, on systems.

• A new spell or a new talent row in the new expansion.

6 Likes

First step would be to just copy-paste all the mechanics from MoP (classes, glyphs, everything) and go from there, ditch borrowed powers etc. That’d be a good start.

They had almost perfection on classes and basic mechanics wise and then threw it all to a garbage bin.

5 Likes
  1. Remove the endless grind
  2. Make expansions alt-friendly
  3. Don’t add stupid systems every
    expansion (covenants, shards etc)
  4. Make mythic +/pvp more relevant. You should not have to raid to perform at the highest level in m+ and pvp.
  5. Class balance/redesign. Holy paladin will always be the best healer with how their healing profile is designed.
  6. A change in direction at Blizzard. This is the most important one. I don’t think any expansion will be good with this management calling the shots, and sexually harassing their employees. It’s impossible to do a good job in this work enviroment. Blizzard needs a major overhaul
6 Likes

Sell the IP to a competent developer :slightly_smiling_face:

Seriously though.
-Proper Tier gear
-No borrowed powers
-Stop with the new currency every patch.
-Systems upon systems needs to go away
-RNG hell

This^

4 Likes

Remove LFD, LFR and CRZ bs, that will fix a huge amount of the Anti-Socialness outside guilds and Friends that has nowhere to be seen in a decade.

2 Likes

Delete classic and merge both teams into a bigger one that might finally get the job done

1 Like

Make World of Warcraft 2, we need a new engine to build on.
This one is so old with so many bugs, lags that shouldn’t exist, armor that doesn’t fit on some races etc.

Ah yes, spamming lfg chat for 2 hours to find tank is peak of wow socialness.
Saw enough in classic than you can cut down QoL features from game, but you can’t cut out 2021 mindset from playerbase… They make a choice to be min-maxers, and anti-social all by themselves.

1 Like

Everything you mentioned basically + hiring some community members as advisors/content creators. They need someone like Joshi P to help them to fix the game as devs themselves are out of touch with the players. They forgot that game has to please community not them.

What I’d add to your ideas is bring back class halls and make class halls take part in the story. So basically all Warlocks united and fought Legion but when Old Gods are a threat they don’t give a damn… It doesn’t make sense. Class halls and class storylines should be brought back as RPG element. To make you identify with your class. There should be some politics in Azeroth as well - let’s say Rogues making some things to influence Alliance, Warriors on Horde etc.

Add race storyline. For example - Mag’har Orcs are now in Azeroth. Add a questline on how they interact with Orcs. What are they struggles? Make that Mag’har Orc leader who in fact is alternative Thrall learn about Hellscream and Orcs history in Azeroth. Every race has it’s own business. Such storyline continued through expansion is nice.

Add guild houses where guilds can practice certain things. Add 1v1 arena place so they can duel, raid practice environment etc.

Add a board where players can leave some announcements, can look for crafters etc. Like in real wolrd.

Add class dailly quests. For example a quest to hunt for certain Beast NPC for hunter. A quest to assassinate someone for Rogue. Demon hunt for Demon Hunters. Cleansing some area from corruption for Druids so playing certain class feels like it.

There is plenty of things that can be created and added but for some reasons for few expansions devs decided only to follow stupid storytelling that takes us to new locations ignoring everything from previous expansions.

4 Likes

Why do you have the exact same character portrait as me :open_mouth:

To me:

• Remove any kind of external abilities or talent, outside the class abilities kit (Nzoth corruption, covenants, etc), you must have only your class abilities , same for external upgrades to your abilities.
  • Lower the RNG hell;
  • Work on PVP / PVE balance, and go over that damned META, this game hasn’t 3 classes;
  • Introduce an interface editor, like many mmorpg games have, and force to use less addons, because isn’t good that an addon tells you everything you need to do. More informations, but less addons.
  • Fix the class loot;
  • Improve flying paths, sometimes you do 200km to do 2 meters;
  • Change the insane idea about a massive grinding if you want to unlock flying mounts;
  • About mythics, remove the interaction with RaiderIo and “want to be a god” attitude, they ruin the fun inside mythics, because the toxiciy is growing at high levels.
  • Make more stronger the diminishing return, for slow effects, stun, and everything that doesn’t let you to control your character. (PVP)
  • Change how you can use your Hearthstone; make more useful;
  • Decide what to do about multiboxers and the insane boosting requests inside the Trade chat;
    This is just a beginning, there is so much work to do.

No, they did that because blizz implemented these system, that caused players to become this way.

How many times do i have to repeat it, Players didn’t start this first.

BLIZZ DID!

You obviously don’t have had the same experiences i’ve had for years going outside capitals in retail, but many i see on the forum here has. And they are alot more than you, which clearly dosen’t experience this enough. Thus you say this. have experienced.

So yes, it is the fault of the Developer. Time and time again i’ve seen a multitude of threads saying the game became so anti-social because of these systems.

All of the above plus:

1. Class changes for characters or dynamic character class based on the weapon and gear equipped.
  2. Vulpera Druids. Come on Blizz do this already I want to like playing my main. #VulperaNeedsDruids.
1 Like

To be honest.

1. Bring back Burst CD for our baseline toolkit. I feel kinda weak.
  2. Bring back T-Sets - Best thing WoW ever had.
  3. Bring back Have Group, Will Travel. Cuz why not. Every where i go i have to fly.
    You can make it Guild Master only usable but i want it in game.
  4. Flying purchasalbe via vendor not grinding via whole zone or achievment. You hit max level. Got gold ? You Fly.
  5. Class bonuses or should i say class buffs ? Back then it was harmony!! Now you just pick 8 mages for raid. For no reason at all.
  6. Balance Druid My Dear Love - What can i say… Only class in game which i cannot enjoy. It makes me sad because back then… i used to main this class :frowning:
  7. Remove whole patch gear progress. Even in Vanilla you could hit BiS in first month.
  8. Make talents useful so we can create some crazy dps combo ? or healing combo ? or tanking combo ? not combined together though
  9. I like this one

That’s freaking good :smiley:

1 Like

Prove it. Forum posts aren’t proof of anything, since only fraction of playerbase ever uses it.
Same goes to your experience, mine is different so which one is correct?

Maybe implement some common sense features like… I dunno… COORDINATES! or Paragon Reputations or Minimap Button Bag into the game so I don’t have to clog my game with umpteen different addons just for basic stuff (I don’t use DBM or interface mods, just some quality of life addons).

I would say new wow team if they dont change their minds, not like repeat from Legion → BFA and now SL. Can we trust them? Doubt!!!

TRULLY Alt-friendly you mean, because at the moment they are advertising something that is supposedly alt-friendly (the different leveling system) but ignoring the fact that that alt has to catch up in with the following: quests, renown, legendary, soulbinds, conduits, ilvl and so on.

1 Like

How I would improve the game:

1. Stop having us grind for quality of life improvements that we have already earned or improvements that we should simply get automatically. For example flying, we earned it way back when and is something that should be available day 1 or the fact you had to grind 16k anima to get a portral to the expansion hub Oribos, this should have been provided automatically.

2. Stop timegating everything, just give us the storyline, quests, etc…

3. Stop building expansions around borrowed power. Grinding for anima, soul ash, etc…is not content. Build expansions around the story and lore.

4. Make zones larger again, stop the small islands or even worse with Korthia we did not even get an island, we got a peninsula, talk about lazy creation here, whats next, a small cave as a zone??

5. Stop tossing quests and mobs into heavily concentrated zones with elite mobs, this is not challenging game play its just annoying game play with game mechanics that make you want to log out and not return…which is my next point…

6. Stop introducing mechanics that make the game unplayable. The Eye of the Maw and the fact we lose Stygia when dying in the Maw should not have even been introduced in the game. Basically it made people avoid the maw as much as possible, some still are, because you have to grind to get an item that only lets you lose 10% stygia which is ridiculous

7. Start creating unique stories, characters, and lore. Stop the retconning and changing the lore to some unbelievable out of this world super space type story that doesnt make sense at all.

8. Put the fun back into the game, make professions relevant, give us archaeology back or remove it, do something new monthly with the Darkmoon Faire, mini holidays, and weekly world events.

9. Bring back uniqueness. Update old zones, give us new battlegrounds. Stop the recoloring of mounts and mog sets. Work on new character features and customizations.

10. Make the game alt friendly. Stop having us to regrind storylines and content on alts. Alts = time in game = subs. You would think due to the fact they can keep us subbed via alts they would want to make the game as alt friendly as possible.

5 Likes

How about i don’t need to proof anything and you just use the Search option next time for proof.

Typical captain obvious type.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/search?q=cross%20realm%20zones%20

Thinking before writing is hard…

Follow your own advise when it comes to proof and search it up, i don’t have to find posts for you when there is exsist a search option in the first place.