Your TBC will be worse than stockmangos

Title says it all. Blizzards TBC “changes” are wrecking a great expansion.
Why pay for a version of a game when the bog standard private server produces a better version?

3 Likes

Erm - what is a “stockmango”?

A google search tells me they are badly made decorative letters.

On point, do we really need another post on this laboured point?

95% of wow players wouldn’t notice difference between stock and non-stock mangos anyways, don’t be dissing stock.

1 Like

Then don’t play it.

I will. And I shall enjoy it.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not every thought warrants a topic.

1 Like

Once Blizzard is utilising an IP (TBC) it becomes very problematic to be the person hosting a private (read pirate) sever. The law suits, the cease and desists and the internet takedown orders will hamper most of these servers and you’ll never know when and if your char and its progress will be deleted along with the realm.

Finally these servers have plenty of microtransactions and the ability to buy power from their own cash shop.

You not liking a change or changes doesn’t actually qualify it ( them ) as a bad.

1 Like

I have seen many times this argument regarding Classic servers and private servers but it is actually incorrect. You are righ that Blizzard can send a case and desits to anyone who use their IP, but for doing that is not requires that Blizzard, the IP holder, have the game available to the public. And out of print game or movie still have copyright until 95 years after is release if the owner is a company or 95 years after the author has died if is a physical person. I suppose in this case people believe private servers could be legal based on the concept of abandoneware, but that is not recognized in copyright laws, not even in case that the original company who made the game goes out of business, even in those cases probably there is another company who has adquire the copyright’s righs of that IP after that.

Which ones? No, I’m dead serious, what change do you suppose will make tbc worse than badly scripted private server? Ye I dislike the nerfed drum somewhat, but it’s not like that’s gonna stop me from raiding Kara with my mates, and then SSC/TK, and then BT/Hyjal, and them SWP…

1 Like

If you had actually played that one, you’d know it’s a broken mess with poor scripting etc.

Which is why I honestly don’t get all the fuss about boosts etc. Personally I care more about getting functioning and properly-tuned raids than I care about a silly mount or a lvl 58 boost.

2 Likes

Not really if you aren’t hosting them in the US.

Usually they have, especially “fun” or “cashgrab” servers. But when more “legit” servers happened (like Nost) things exploded.

If you have deep friends to play with then it’s much better, but outside of raiding you can be exposed to a meme-open-world of mass botted, mass-degenerated gameplay. On top of that Blizzard will want to dump more and more monetization just because they can and they are all about good numbers for investors (who cares about the game, stonks!).

Forums are not your tumblr profile page, stop using this place as a blog.

Where are the mods???

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.