Starcraft 2 startup suddenly slow

I hope blizzard fixes this.

I thought the problem was that I installed it in my HDD. I reinstalled it again in my SDD but the startup is still slow. It takes 10 - 15 minutes of loading before the game boots up.

1 Like

i same i wait starup 10-20 min

Same here. Started for me two days ago. As usual, at first it only takes like 5 secs to startup and now it takes 10-15 minutes. Blizzard please help.

Yes… I have the same problem too. I have done a fresh install of my macOS Catalina and also the Battle.Net and Starcraft II app.

Please help.

I have the same issue. Tried for 2 days then managed to go in after 10 mins…
Cant join game as it says due to inactivity and was kicked out.

Starting game starcarft 2 takes a long time. I don’t understand why. I also reloaded the game starcarft 2 and the new battle. and so on. I installed a new windows and the problem still does not change

same problem here fix pls

Was feeling nostalgic and decided to install StarCraft II again. Had to wait a good 10-15 minutes during the loader. Understand that there is a work around to disable wifi but the fact that this is still a recurring issue after this long really baffles my mind.

I have the same problem as OP on both Windows 10 and Linux (running through wine).
Here my solution (on both Windows 10 and Linux): Disconnect from the Internet -> Launch the game in offline mode -> Reconnect to the Internet, Login
Hope Blizzard fix the problem soon!

1 Like

The custom batch works, but…Are you serious, Blizzard?

1 Like

I fixed slow startup by going to the additional settings of the Windows firewall and removing Starcraft2 from the rules for incoming connections (there were 4 of them).

so this isnt fixed yet… Blizzard do your job!

It is funny how they say they’ve put SC2 in maintenance mode, and then fail to maintain it. I’m having this issue as well suddenly, although it only takes approx 5m

Wanted to play a round after 3 Months and can’t start the game.
I have the same problem. I see a loading screen and nothing happens. I sit hear since 10 minutes.
Blizzard got dam fix the game.

Edit:
15 minutes later and I am finally in the game…
Now I don’t want to play any more…

@Seraph. i have the same. i think it was after i updatet de battle.net game launcer

Same here. Started today.

same here , same problem … but seems like an old story reloaded
anyway it started today for me 2, and now Im having problems to start it at all

02 - Apr - 2021. This issue has come out of nowhere. I’ve had it for a few days now and it’s the first time happening. I’ve tried:

1. Ran Scan and Repair.
  2. Deleted C:/ProgramData/Battle.net and C:/ProgramData/Blizzard Entertainment.
  3. Reset in-game settings.

None of these helped.

If I had to guess this is an issue with an overwhelmed (or underperforming) Blizzard server for some alternative service besides the actual game functionality. I don’t think that there’s much that we can do besides keep on bringing it up so that it gets addressed.

Also got this Problem.

2 April 2021.

Since this Problem exists nearly a year now and nothing changed. Pls FIX IT.

I also guess it is right that Blizzard moved the Server to some pool who is cheaper and is underperforming.

Is this the next Step in ruin some good games? Was the Warcraft III Reforge disaster not enough? Btw would be awesome if you would fix this game (Content Multiplayer etc) too.

Hello @Ixthocaesil , just reporting I also notice the issue since a couple of days.