[collecting thread] Diablo 2 Resurrected Delete Character Button Trap- makes it more secure for tired people

I plea you to change the positioning of the red “Delete Character” X-Button.

I was tired and wanted to log out and… deleted my char. Why is the “delete character button” on the right bottom corner the onliest red button on the side? Without text… Why there is just an “X” and following a okay confirmation instead of typing “delete” to confirm to delete my character. Image how fast you destroy your hard played characters and items. ><

Please make it more secure. Color the logout button red and force a typing confirmation for deleting an character Maybe I am the first idiot but not the last. :cold_sweat:

Update
Characters are gone and can not be resurrected :frowning:

19 Likes

you have not been the only one…

6 Likes

pls help us to restore our characters blizzard pls . My character name is : eltrujas

4 Likes

+1 :hot_face: is a trap. it happened to me too

3 Likes

this just happened to me too… 40h down the drain =(

1 Like

Allways alt+F4 the game instead of trying to close it propperly.
I nearly clicked on that red shiny botton too :open_mouth:

1 Like

It’s like Blizzard stuck a noob check in there for the sh!ts and giggles. Can’t believe people are pushing a shiny red X button below their character thinking they are going to log out. Are you the same nubs who need a big shiny play button and the new tutorial on how to load up a game too? :rofl:

If you want to log out, just press ESC on the main screen and it’ll ask you to confirm.

3 Likes

it happened also to me :stop_sign: :no_entry:

PLZ blizzard make a return option

Just hit esc on keyboard and click Yes to co firm closing Diablo. It’s faster and safer.

Learn 2 read tooltips and remember this simple interface

This was very unecessary trying to even insult now people who lost their charakter. Its not too much to ask for to put in a better confirmation like typing in “Delete”, shouldnt take too long to implement.

can confirm i’ve also done the same myself when tired and logging off, deleted my 1st char at lvl 25ish, was extremely annoyed and thought the exact same thing.

'that’s a stupid position to have a delete char button, where usually an exit game button is, mark it with a big red x (usually the symbol to exit).

why they couldn’t leave the d2 lobby the same as the old format which was absolutely fine i don’t know.

Happend to me also with my controller, the only game did not asking for confirmation, you clikc you are loosing your 50h caractere. I asked for a refund from Blizzard.

Same here, 90 barb hc, just ready to gamba sweet amulets

Yep, i can’t understand how whoever is responsible for the controller button mapping, did such a poor job.
For every stupid action, you need to press+hold X or A, like to assign your stat points, that’s just stupid. To assign 300 stat points with controller, you need at least 5 minutes!!! ahahah whos responsible for this bulls*?
Or, to throw something out of your inventory, it’s enough to just click X, but putting something into your stash, what’s a lot more frequent, needs a hold-action again facepalm
But to delete your whole character, it’s enough to just take your controller into your hand and accidentally press X and A, what’s like a common controller grabbing position.

Pls the person who’s responsible for all this, pls give a answer here, i want to know your thought’s behind it. Even a kid whould have done abetter job.

Good afternoon.
I would very much like to see the one who is responsible for the fact that to delete a character on a PC when using a joystick, you just need to press B and then A. I think that you do not need to be especially smart to understand that this is an extremely stupid decision of a person who has never apparently held the joystick at all in hand. I lost all progress from the start of the game with a simple random hand movement. Support cannot restore the character. Thanks.
I ask you to correct this nonsense, and make a window that requires you to enter the word “delete”, as is done in all normal projects.
All the bad things.

4 Likes

Please, for the love of god, add a 5 second delay to the character deletion prompt before you can accept. It’s so simple, every other game ever does this. It’s like they want you to delete your characters or something. I lost everything in an instant just by pressing two buttons.

hey user223 and frib

Join us :slight_smile:

Postponing deletion for ** hours would be the better way not to delete a character occasionally. Lika in EVE. Anyway, the delete button requires respectation, like a nuke reactor or sleeping overdrunk sailor, etc.