Items disappearing

I just had a 13/18 paladin torch disappear out of my inventory. It was there when I left the previous game. The other day I had a thresher insight disappear off my merc as well, but chalked it up to a crash while moving stuff. Something is seriously buggy.

1 Like

Hey ctdummy,

Sorry to hear that you’ve lost some items on your Paladin recently.

We’re unfortunately unable to restore items in Diablo II: Resurrected, or investigate such issues on our end, but please do report a bug to our developers if this keeps happening, and they will be able to investigate it for you :

1 Like

Yeah this just happened to me as well, if I had read this post i would have said he was lying but now that its happened to me I believe him. If you can’t investigate this issue individually that’s fine but i want to further back up his claim as it actually happened to me too - someone should look into this.

also found another instance of this happening here:

unable to restore? maybe

Unable to fix the problem? no

1 Like

Its happened to me, 4 times now. Different days, different chars. Its also happened to a friend of mine the other day. Doesn’t matter if u scan or try to repair your own files on your harddrive. This is NOT a client-based issue, its server-related.

Today i lost my almost p sorc-torch and a 2:nd Gheeds and some sc’s.
I own 3 copies of the game, and it happens to the main-one i use most frequently. Does’t matter if you’re on the EU or US server. Has happened to me on both. Could be doing Nihla-runs for hours, then all of a sudden, in the very next game, tomb of tps, torch, gheeds and some other places in my inv. is gone. (Sometimes random slots in stash on different tabs also will be gone).

For a collecting items-game, This is UNACCEPTABLE, and for you guys to respond that u wont investigate this, is even worse. Feel free to contact me for ip-nr, time it occured, and other details.
Take the reports seriously, im not after some crap new items, i know Blizz never provides that kind of favours. Come up with a solution or this will piss off more and more ppl!
If not, we will be forced to quit playing. Since the communication of data between your master-server and locals aren’t working correctly.

I understand if you’re not the correct individual to handle this type of question, but pls promise me you’ll at least Forward it to the right department/team for Bug findings.?
thx

5 Likes

This just happened to me as well, item was in 1st shared stash tab, vipermagi now gone…

only a Viperskin,… you were lucky :wink:

I just had everything disappear from my character as if I had died - just potions and nothing else when I logged back in. No body near my spawn point, and no I did not die before exiting. I think this is the issue - the game is glitching and acting like you died and are back in town - when you open the game. But there is obviously no corpse to go back and get! Nothing special lost, mind you, but yep - no corpse, all gone as if I’d died and was brought back to town.

The solution seems to be as stupid as it sounds:
DROP ALL YOUR GEAR IN THE CHEST before logging. Expect your character to be killed and res’d like this until they fix this bug.

Just had an Annihilus disappear from my inventory. Are we really going to expect that items can just disappear like this?!

I had an Anni dissappear on me two nights ago, and had a gheed’s disappear a few months back.

I thought the gheed’s might have been my fault and that I somehow Charsi’d the thing, so i reorganized my stash to make sure my charms and stuff are not near the items I might sell or move around. No way that Anni went anywhere other than disappearing into thin air. Please fix this. Very disheartening to have happen.

1 Like

And months later its still happening…
The game is turning out to be nothing but a horrible joke… and on April 1st… the irony.

1 Like

This happen to me, to lose gear, at the same time i click to save and exit… in the end, i click to pickup then i click to exit (phone call), then returned in-game and the gear… vanish… not find in any place… for about 3 minutes i eat my nails… then i realize that I couldn’t do anything about it, it’s just not there.

1 Like

I lost 2 torches 2 annichils 1 gheda and about 200 crap gems ok. But what to do to keep them from dying, this game ceases to make sense. I feel helpless. I like this game and I can’t play it normally.

Just don’t craft too many amulets at once. They eat up too much data space of your personal data space that is reserved for your character and shared stash. Items poof then.

maybe you could fix that bug already. i left from game at 3. week just because that bug; my level 64 character disappeared with full of items and my all other characters around same level became almost naked aswell. now, i am giving to game 2. chance. but if it happens again i am fully off! i am not here to recreate characters and farm their items over and over again to deal that silly bug.

It’s now the 16th of April, after 2.4 patch live, I can confirm with you all that the bug is still not fixed.

I have just lost all my essences (A1 - A5, about 15 in total) when I transferred them from the inventory to another chart. It’s not a big loss but it still make me frustrating. After so many baalruns and diaruns I’ve lost the valued drops.

I can’t imagine if this happens to my enigma or beast.

And today after the new patch 2.4, my balrog skin runeword Chains of honor dissapeared from the armor slot of my Paladin (the rest of the gear is ok). But WHY??? take the gloves…boots…helm…not armor.

Ber rune is so easy to drop (sarcasm)

Im sad…

I’ve noticed items disappearing from the personal stash of a stacked mule over the last few months. All unique rings found from day 1 are now gone. Password reset to be sure then started a new character stacked with leveling items - some of which are now gone. I’ve read elsewhere that this is a bug due to a character save size limit. It’s a bit of a deal breaker for a loot based game. Hope to see a fix for this otherwise I can’t see myself spending so much time finding items only for them to disappear…

2 Likes

this is still going on, had two elite insights dissapear from SSF offline characters. yes i could edit them back in but that’s not really the point here.

This is for sure still a thing. I suddenly lost my Grief phase blade and rhyme shield after joining my friends game. Had suddenly the weapon swap empty and only secondary weapons remained. Is there any info on this?

I was actually still in the game when i wrote this and decided to try one thing out. I rejoinen the game and the items reappeared. Not sure if this is the key for online games and does it help to just make new game but, this worked for me.