My character is gone

So i wonder.

Are u guys wrong or is the statement wrong? Did u press the delete button? Or was it accidential deleted by Blizzard?

Are u 100% sure u didn’t pressed the button?

Till now my chars exists (just had a rollback on release day) and i hope it will never disapear nor deletet But if it’s not your fault, than u have to say it again and loud that Blizzard can hear it and research/find&fix the problem.

Am sorry for u!

I’m 100% sure I did NOT delete my character. I distinctly remember how I pressed exit the game in the Main Menu with the mouse.

2 Likes

Hello sir/madam
I can not say about other players but i can guarantee you my character was not manually deleted as it is still present in the save files. Is there a way to send you my save folder for you to explore the issue?
I can no longer play offline unless i delete my shared stash which i am not too excited on doing. Which means that the shared stash file is corrupted and causing an issue. Possibly the same with my characted.
Also don’t want to play another 7 days or more for the same thing to happen.
Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you EnternalEvil. I’ve updated my previous response, and after checking again all reports in this thread, I can confirm that our developers are still looking at the issue, and we may know more about it next week.

Nirvana, your issue seem to be quite different. Could you create a new thread and explain more in detail what seems to be the issue please? It could also be very useful for our developers if you could report a bug on our forums.

Slowly I have the feeling that we players are taken for a DAU (Dumbest Acceptable User).

Who, please, unintentionally deletes their character using the tiny red button on the right where the character list is? I don’t think anyone.

We haven’t just been playing on the PC since yesterday morning, but for 20 years and more. But here you are apparently considered incompetent to operate a PC or software and continue to deny any independent thinking. That’s probably the last thing to offend the player like that.

Yesterday someone from Blizzard Twitter Support told me to please wait 30 minutes and then try again whether I could log in with my (specially newly created) offline character. Nope, not possible. Not even hours later. It just doesn’t work, no matter how many offline char files I create.

We all paid $ 40 or more for Diablo 2 Resurrected and got a non-working product that couldn’t even play offline. Now if I take out my Diablo 2 CD-Rom and install it from CD-Rom, oh wonder, I can play it offline. I can even import my old savegame and it works.

Playing offline is defacto not possible! Even with newly created characters, you cannot log into the game due to an “internal error message” even though you are online! Savegames are available, but are not loaded.

Strangely enough, when I create an online character that works. But I don’t want to play online, I want to play offline. And I want to have my lvl 15 paladin back that was not deleted by me. And no, I won’t start all over again and (online) where it is not 100% sure that this character will be lost again. I choose my invested playing time exactly where and what I play. Neither do I have 40 € to give away. This may be difficult for one or the other to understand, but it is true.

5 Likes

We’re not assuming anything, Exhumed. We know for a fact that many players did delete their character by accident thinking that this was the exit button, unfortunately.

1 Like

Hi,
I posted as suggested in the bug section. Offline main character dissapeared and unable to play others - Bug Report - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums
What should i do now?

Thank you Nirvana. :pray:

Could you also create a new thread on these forums with a different title than the one used for this thread, and explain what exactly is happening please?

You can link to your bug report, and we’d also need to confirm if this is happening to your offline characters only (which seem to be what Exhumed was talking about in his last response?).

hi, yes it is only happening to offline characters. I didn’t have an online character before that at all, but i made one after that and it is playable.

This is big BS.

I am in this same situation as well. Requested a refund, got denied, on the grounds that “I played for too long”. Indeed I have, and now all that progress is LOST.

Now it’s up to PayPal to decide.

Really expected more professionalism from you guys. What a big disappointment…

2 Likes

Der Support hat mir jetzt das zweite mal mitgeteilt dass kein Fehler vorliegt der Charakter verschwinden lässt.
Aber komischerweise ist mein Charakter immer noch weg. Wir sind wohl alle dumm!

1 Like

No any chances for refund. 3 replies from support, no f**n way :smiley:

InternalEvil, could you please check the characters present in your Online and Offline tabs, just to make sure you aren’t looking in the wrong category?

For any new report, please do confirm:

• When the character was lost, and/or when you last played it
  • If you are referring to an Online or Offline character
  • If you have double checked the Online and Offline tab (the option is in the top right corner of the screen, above the character list)
  • The class of the character that you’ve lost
  • The platform you were playing on (PC or console, and if so which one)
1 Like

Same Problem, second Time Charakter Dissapered!
Give me Character Back or i will have my Money back.

1 Like

Mine is gone today too, wasn’t that high level but still annoying. The Question is, what happens to the next char? This is a serious bug and until it is fixed, playing again doesn’t make sense.

Im playing on PC, it was a online char, and no, the char isn’t either in online or offline. It was a lvl 20 mage

Vanished character information:

• Last played between 3rd October - 4th October, vanished around those days
  • Online Character
  • Just did make sure it is not in Offline tab nor in Online tab
  • Character class paladin
  • Platform is PC

All Tabs (Online and Offline) are empty.
I checked them twice.
That was an Online character on Europe server.
Class: Necromant
Platform: PC

1 Like

my 80+ level online char is gone

Still missing my lvl 84 Sorc since Tuesday, response on my ticket was polite but did not help at all. I did not manually delete the character, it just disappeared overnight from my online character list. Lots of similar cases, as well in the US forums, indicate that this is an issue on your end.
Any chance you get this sorted out during next week´s scheduled maintenance?
Or are you expecting players to just consider the time invested as sunk costs and get over it?
Also not willing to start again until you confirm this has been fixed, apparently this is still happening to other players and I do not want to lose another 30+ hours for nothing.

• Online character
  • Double-checked on different systems
  • Sorc lvl 84
  • PC
1 Like

Same here.
Here is my story.
I’ve played the PS5 version since it came out, reached L78 Sorceress online char.
Bought a PC version, linked my battle.net account with PS network to enable cross-progression.
Open up PC version, no characters loaded. Said okay, lemme create a new online character, L1 Sorceress, maybe it loads up again.
Open up PS5 version, and voila, L1 Sorceress loaded successfully, just with one drawback, L78 Sorceress nowhere to be found since then, on both PS and PS5 versions!!

1 Like