My character is gone

Mine is gone also been rolled back 3 times and now character gone… i think it’s time for a refund… this is just getting silly.

6 Likes

I have the same problem. Offline char lvl 15 is gone and i didnt deleted him. He just didnt show up anymore in the character selection screen. When i make new offline char … i cant play with him. Login Failure! But when i create a online char, no problem, i can play. @Blizzard, this is not normal. Fix youre servers

3 Likes

Same here, offline Sorc lvl 81 gone after the game crashed and crashed the PC with it… all other characters are present.
Update: All other characters were present but wasn’t able to start an offline game “failed to join game”…
After deleting the shared stash file from the save folder I was able to play the mule characters but main one still no where to be found even though the save files are in the folder.

3 Likes

With how many people in here and the other posts involving this issue, I doubt this was due to accidental deletion.

2 Likes

My level 78 sorc gone.

1 Like

Maybe there is a angry blizzard employee and deleting chars … for personal fun.

6 Likes

same thing happening here… my online lvl67 sorc just disappeared and now gone but my offline one is still there… i was playing earlier today with my friend, then i quit the game like usual by pressing escape key and then save and exit, then i went to do groceries and came back, logging in to play again with my friend and character is gone… and no, i didnt delete it by mistake or anything… seems like im not the only one having the same problem, something wrong is happening. I don’t want to play a game where my characthers can just completely disappear at any time without any reasons.

3 Likes

Happened to me aswell, took save and exit and then exit diablo 2 and next time i came back my character had mysteriously vanished. Tried some ideas that worked for some people didn’t bring my character back.

1 Like

same problem. How can I get my character back?

Hey everyone,

When closing the game, please make sure to use the Exit Diablo II option on the left side of the screen, and not the red X icon below the character list on the right side (this option will read DELETE if you mouse over this button). A confirmation window will also ask for you confirm your choice.

Unfortunately, most of the reports so far in this thread appear to concern manually deleted characters.

I can however confirm that our delevopers are still looking into this issue, and that we’ve also received some reports of players seeing their online characters reappear after some time. We will most likely have to wait for this investigation to be completed, however I don’t have any more detail than that, or any ETA.

Concerning manually deleted characters, while Customer Support is not able to restore deleted characters, we’re aware and have seen the feedback that a lot of players use this button my mistake, thinking that this is the Exit button.

2 Likes

yo 1 of my character disapeared was there before i started a game with different char and its not there anymore wTF???

just bought this spent a night playing for this ??? -.-

It’s a lie! I did not delete my character, I closed the game correctly through the main menu. Stop making excuses and blaming the players for this problem!

10 Likes

So i wonder.

Are u guys wrong or is the statement wrong? Did u press the delete button? Or was it accidential deleted by Blizzard?

Are u 100% sure u didn’t pressed the button?

Till now my chars exists (just had a rollback on release day) and i hope it will never disapear nor deletet But if it’s not your fault, than u have to say it again and loud that Blizzard can hear it and research/find&fix the problem.

Am sorry for u!

I’m 100% sure I did NOT delete my character. I distinctly remember how I pressed exit the game in the Main Menu with the mouse.

2 Likes

Hello sir/madam
I can not say about other players but i can guarantee you my character was not manually deleted as it is still present in the save files. Is there a way to send you my save folder for you to explore the issue?
I can no longer play offline unless i delete my shared stash which i am not too excited on doing. Which means that the shared stash file is corrupted and causing an issue. Possibly the same with my characted.
Also don’t want to play another 7 days or more for the same thing to happen.
Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you EnternalEvil. I’ve updated my previous response, and after checking again all reports in this thread, I can confirm that our developers are still looking at the issue, and we may know more about it next week.

Nirvana, your issue seem to be quite different. Could you create a new thread and explain more in detail what seems to be the issue please? It could also be very useful for our developers if you could report a bug on our forums.

Slowly I have the feeling that we players are taken for a DAU (Dumbest Acceptable User).

Who, please, unintentionally deletes their character using the tiny red button on the right where the character list is? I don’t think anyone.

We haven’t just been playing on the PC since yesterday morning, but for 20 years and more. But here you are apparently considered incompetent to operate a PC or software and continue to deny any independent thinking. That’s probably the last thing to offend the player like that.

Yesterday someone from Blizzard Twitter Support told me to please wait 30 minutes and then try again whether I could log in with my (specially newly created) offline character. Nope, not possible. Not even hours later. It just doesn’t work, no matter how many offline char files I create.

We all paid $ 40 or more for Diablo 2 Resurrected and got a non-working product that couldn’t even play offline. Now if I take out my Diablo 2 CD-Rom and install it from CD-Rom, oh wonder, I can play it offline. I can even import my old savegame and it works.

Playing offline is defacto not possible! Even with newly created characters, you cannot log into the game due to an “internal error message” even though you are online! Savegames are available, but are not loaded.

Strangely enough, when I create an online character that works. But I don’t want to play online, I want to play offline. And I want to have my lvl 15 paladin back that was not deleted by me. And no, I won’t start all over again and (online) where it is not 100% sure that this character will be lost again. I choose my invested playing time exactly where and what I play. Neither do I have 40 € to give away. This may be difficult for one or the other to understand, but it is true.

5 Likes

We’re not assuming anything, Exhumed. We know for a fact that many players did delete their character by accident thinking that this was the exit button, unfortunately.

1 Like

Hi,
I posted as suggested in the bug section. Offline main character dissapeared and unable to play others - Bug Report - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums
What should i do now?