My character is gone

Hi

My story is a little bit diffrent.
My pc crashed and after the restart I cant find on of my offline characters in the ingame char-list but all the save files are in the folder. All other offline characters are there but unplayble, always says: failed to join game

1 Like

Sounds identical to my issue

Bonjour, je me permet de vous contacter suite à la disparition de mon personnage, je joues ce soir depuis environ 1h je fais une run Andarielle en enfer en boucle.
Lors d’une déconnexion il y a 10 minutes environ, le jeu se ferme complètement, je le relance et là, le personnage que je jouais n’était plus dans la liste. J’ai essayé de relancer le jeu à plusieurs reprises sans aucun changement, aucun n’autre personnage n’a été effacé juste celui-ci, il s’agit d’une sorcière de niveau 75 Koshya, j’ai cherché dans les fichiers du jeu mais n’arrive pas à trouver les sauvegardes personnages pour voir s’il est vraiment effacé.
J’ai passé pas mal d’heures sur le jeu récemment pour monter principalement ce personnages, le deuxième n’étant que niveau 25 … je sais que ca ne changera pas forcément grand chose mais je venais d’avoir dans la journée mes deux mots runiques spirit sur monarch et épée.
J’espère vraiment que vous pourrez faire quelques chose pour retrouver/récupérer le personnage.

Merci d’avance, en attendant votre retour !

PS : je viens de voir à la page suivante que dans le cas de suppression accidentel vous ne pouvez pas restaurer un personnage, dans mon cas il ne s’agit pas d’une suppression. Lors du relancement du jeu le personnage n’était plus dans la liste ! Lors de déconnexion le jeu c’est fermé directement je n’ai pas eu accès à l’écran de choix de personnage.

• That was an Online character on EU
  • He is not in Online or Offline list
  • Character class : sorc
  • Platform is : PC

Hello others who have had their characters yeeted from your pc. I am someone who just got the game yesterday and stayed getting my necro to lvl 44 with spirit and other items needed for the bone class. I came on today to also find my boy is gone. All of the shared chest still have items from the character in there but my boy is also gone. I hope that whatever the issue is gets resolved soon. I would like to continue on. Feels like hours wasted; and for whoever is saying the character could’ve been “accidently deleted” is just trying to save the company face for messing up so bad. You cant just accidently delete a character when exiting is on the left and literally says “exit diablo” while on the bottom right is where a red “X” is that lets you delete a character. We aren’t 10 year old kids playing around on here. We know how to read and how to exit games properly. Please work to fix whatever bug this is. Or comp everyone who has lost their character with runes to make nigma or something. There are ways to mitigate the damage done, but only if you choose to take that route.

1 Like

I have the same problem as a lot of players, ‘lvl 60 Sorceress’ Suppress (I didn’t use the delete cross …)

Character : Online
Class : Sorceress lvl 60
Platform :PC

Thank you everyone for your reports.

While I won’t be able to provide more information on who deleted their character for privacy reasons, I can confirm that since my last post, and out of all the news reponses, only 3 players do not appear to have deleted their character (which means that unfortunately, the others did).

This issue is still being looked into, and we’ll try to provide more information as soon as we can. Please note that I’m specifically referring to Online characters.

For offline characters, this may be a corrupted file that resulted from a PC crash, and while this seems to be a different issue, this has also been escalated.

Again, and for any new report, please do confirm:

• When the character was lost, and/or when you last played it
  • If you are referring to an Online or Offline character
  • If you have double checked the Online and Offline tab (the option is in the top right corner of the screen, above the character list)
  • The class of the character that you’ve lost
  • The platform you were playing on (PC or console, and if so which one)

Finally, please do keep the replies in English.

Once again, thank you all for your reports, will update this thread as soon as possible.

The character was lost: October 3 GMT+8 PM 03:00
Last normal play: October 3, GMT+8 AM 09:XX
Online character: Yes
Double checked the Online and Offline tab:YES
Character class: Sorceress
Level: 54-59
The platform: PC Win10 20H1
Character name: Qingfei
Server: Asia
Report Number: TW18620089

1 Like
  • The character was lost: on the night of 1 to 2 October;
  • Last normal play: October 1, GMT 7:00 PM;
  • Online character;
  • Double checked the Online and Offline tab;
  • Character class: Necromancer
  • Level: 41-42
  • The platform: PC
  • Character name: ENTERNAL_EVIL
  • Server: EU
  • The character was lost: on the 1. October
  • Last normal play: October 1, GMT 2:00 PM;
  • Online character;
  • Character class: Sorcerer
  • Level: 75
  • Character name: Morgana
  • The character was lost: on the 3/4 October night
  • Last normal play: October 4, GMT 2:30 AM;
  • Online character;
  • Level: 75
  • Character name: Koshya
  • Персонаж пропал: в ночь на 2/3 октября
  • Последняя обычная игра: 2 октября
  • Интернет-персонаж;
  • Дважды проверил вкладки Online и Offline;
  • Класс персонажа: Варвар
  • Уровень: 24+
  • Платформа: ПК
  • Имя персонажа: NikMcKen
  • Сервер: ЕС

The character was lost: on the 4 October
Last normal play: October 4, GMT 5:00 AM;
Character class: Sorcerer
Level: 60
The platform: PC
Character name: Chibaka
Server: EU

• The character was lost: October 1 or 2
  • Last normal play: October 1 (quite late, possibly the morning of the 2nd)
  • Online character: Yes
  • Double checked the Online and Offline tab:
  • Character class: Druid (also lost Necromancer)
  • Level: 54 (Necro was lvl 2)
  • Character name: Druid (and the necro’s name was “Necromancer”)
  • Server: US
1 Like

I really, really just hope there might be SOME way to have characters restore. I was playing with my dad, and were ready to tackle Hell mode, but this brought it to a grinding halt.

I would be happy even JUST getting the characters back (no gear), OR getting just the gear back (as we’d both been saving a ton of Necromancer gear, since that’s what I had wanted to play up next).

• The character was lost: October 1 or 2
  • Last normal play: Friday night - possibly saturday morning
  • Online character: Yes
  • Double checked the Online and Offline tab: Yes. I’ve checked a thousand times.
  • Character class: Barbarian
  • Level: Around 70, maybe 69.
  • Character name: shishovic
  • Server: Europe
  • The character was lost: on the 3. October
  • Online character;
  • Level: 84
  • Character name: Coremac

The character was lost: 2 October
Last normal play: October 2, GMT 13:00 PM;
Character class: Paladin
Level: 87
Character name: Mayers

The character was lost: 4 October 2021
Last normal play: 4 October 2021
Level: 27
Character name: Lukas
Sorry to bother with my rather low level character but i dont have the time i used to have and this really sinked my motivation to play the game.

The character was lost: 4 October 2021
Last normal play: 4 October 2021
Character class: Sorceress
Level: 18
Character name: Harvester

The character was lost: October 2, GMT 03:22 AM (https://twitter.com/AgostinoDM/status/1444226299124457476)
Last normal play: October 2, GMT 3:02 AM (manually saved once)
Online character: NO
Offline character: YES
Double checked the Online and Offline tab: YES
Character level: 15
Character name: Shockwave
Platform: PC
Online character: Yes, i can play online without losing my char (so far).
Info: I can create a new offline character, but cant play him. "Login Failed!" Reproducible error. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qcOmc-qEHQ