My character is gone

Thank you Nirvana. :pray:

Could you also create a new thread on these forums with a different title than the one used for this thread, and explain what exactly is happening please?

You can link to your bug report, and we’d also need to confirm if this is happening to your offline characters only (which seem to be what Exhumed was talking about in his last response?).

hi, yes it is only happening to offline characters. I didn’t have an online character before that at all, but i made one after that and it is playable.

This is big BS.

I am in this same situation as well. Requested a refund, got denied, on the grounds that “I played for too long”. Indeed I have, and now all that progress is LOST.

Now it’s up to PayPal to decide.

Really expected more professionalism from you guys. What a big disappointment…

2 Likes

Der Support hat mir jetzt das zweite mal mitgeteilt dass kein Fehler vorliegt der Charakter verschwinden lässt.
Aber komischerweise ist mein Charakter immer noch weg. Wir sind wohl alle dumm!

1 Like

No any chances for refund. 3 replies from support, no f**n way :smiley:

InternalEvil, could you please check the characters present in your Online and Offline tabs, just to make sure you aren’t looking in the wrong category?

For any new report, please do confirm:

• When the character was lost, and/or when you last played it
  • If you are referring to an Online or Offline character
  • If you have double checked the Online and Offline tab (the option is in the top right corner of the screen, above the character list)
  • The class of the character that you’ve lost
  • The platform you were playing on (PC or console, and if so which one)
1 Like

Same Problem, second Time Charakter Dissapered!
Give me Character Back or i will have my Money back.

1 Like

Mine is gone today too, wasn’t that high level but still annoying. The Question is, what happens to the next char? This is a serious bug and until it is fixed, playing again doesn’t make sense.

Im playing on PC, it was a online char, and no, the char isn’t either in online or offline. It was a lvl 20 mage

Vanished character information:

• Last played between 3rd October - 4th October, vanished around those days
  • Online Character
  • Just did make sure it is not in Offline tab nor in Online tab
  • Character class paladin
  • Platform is PC

All Tabs (Online and Offline) are empty.
I checked them twice.
That was an Online character on Europe server.
Class: Necromant
Platform: PC

1 Like

my 80+ level online char is gone

Still missing my lvl 84 Sorc since Tuesday, response on my ticket was polite but did not help at all. I did not manually delete the character, it just disappeared overnight from my online character list. Lots of similar cases, as well in the US forums, indicate that this is an issue on your end.
Any chance you get this sorted out during next week´s scheduled maintenance?
Or are you expecting players to just consider the time invested as sunk costs and get over it?
Also not willing to start again until you confirm this has been fixed, apparently this is still happening to other players and I do not want to lose another 30+ hours for nothing.

• Online character
  • Double-checked on different systems
  • Sorc lvl 84
  • PC
1 Like

Same here.
Here is my story.
I’ve played the PS5 version since it came out, reached L78 Sorceress online char.
Bought a PC version, linked my battle.net account with PS network to enable cross-progression.
Open up PC version, no characters loaded. Said okay, lemme create a new online character, L1 Sorceress, maybe it loads up again.
Open up PS5 version, and voila, L1 Sorceress loaded successfully, just with one drawback, L78 Sorceress nowhere to be found since then, on both PS and PS5 versions!!

1 Like

Hi

My story is a little bit diffrent.
My pc crashed and after the restart I cant find on of my offline characters in the ingame char-list but all the save files are in the folder. All other offline characters are there but unplayble, always says: failed to join game

1 Like

Sounds identical to my issue

Bonjour, je me permet de vous contacter suite à la disparition de mon personnage, je joues ce soir depuis environ 1h je fais une run Andarielle en enfer en boucle.
Lors d’une déconnexion il y a 10 minutes environ, le jeu se ferme complètement, je le relance et là, le personnage que je jouais n’était plus dans la liste. J’ai essayé de relancer le jeu à plusieurs reprises sans aucun changement, aucun n’autre personnage n’a été effacé juste celui-ci, il s’agit d’une sorcière de niveau 75 Koshya, j’ai cherché dans les fichiers du jeu mais n’arrive pas à trouver les sauvegardes personnages pour voir s’il est vraiment effacé.
J’ai passé pas mal d’heures sur le jeu récemment pour monter principalement ce personnages, le deuxième n’étant que niveau 25 … je sais que ca ne changera pas forcément grand chose mais je venais d’avoir dans la journée mes deux mots runiques spirit sur monarch et épée.
J’espère vraiment que vous pourrez faire quelques chose pour retrouver/récupérer le personnage.

Merci d’avance, en attendant votre retour !

PS : je viens de voir à la page suivante que dans le cas de suppression accidentel vous ne pouvez pas restaurer un personnage, dans mon cas il ne s’agit pas d’une suppression. Lors du relancement du jeu le personnage n’était plus dans la liste ! Lors de déconnexion le jeu c’est fermé directement je n’ai pas eu accès à l’écran de choix de personnage.

• That was an Online character on EU
  • He is not in Online or Offline list
  • Character class : sorc
  • Platform is : PC

Hello others who have had their characters yeeted from your pc. I am someone who just got the game yesterday and stayed getting my necro to lvl 44 with spirit and other items needed for the bone class. I came on today to also find my boy is gone. All of the shared chest still have items from the character in there but my boy is also gone. I hope that whatever the issue is gets resolved soon. I would like to continue on. Feels like hours wasted; and for whoever is saying the character could’ve been “accidently deleted” is just trying to save the company face for messing up so bad. You cant just accidently delete a character when exiting is on the left and literally says “exit diablo” while on the bottom right is where a red “X” is that lets you delete a character. We aren’t 10 year old kids playing around on here. We know how to read and how to exit games properly. Please work to fix whatever bug this is. Or comp everyone who has lost their character with runes to make nigma or something. There are ways to mitigate the damage done, but only if you choose to take that route.

1 Like

I have the same problem as a lot of players, ‘lvl 60 Sorceress’ Suppress (I didn’t use the delete cross …)

Character : Online
Class : Sorceress lvl 60
Platform :PC

Thank you everyone for your reports.

While I won’t be able to provide more information on who deleted their character for privacy reasons, I can confirm that since my last post, and out of all the news reponses, only 3 players do not appear to have deleted their character (which means that unfortunately, the others did).

This issue is still being looked into, and we’ll try to provide more information as soon as we can. Please note that I’m specifically referring to Online characters.

For offline characters, this may be a corrupted file that resulted from a PC crash, and while this seems to be a different issue, this has also been escalated.

Again, and for any new report, please do confirm:

• When the character was lost, and/or when you last played it
  • If you are referring to an Online or Offline character
  • If you have double checked the Online and Offline tab (the option is in the top right corner of the screen, above the character list)
  • The class of the character that you’ve lost
  • The platform you were playing on (PC or console, and if so which one)

Finally, please do keep the replies in English.

Once again, thank you all for your reports, will update this thread as soon as possible.

The character was lost: October 3 GMT+8 PM 03:00
Last normal play: October 3, GMT+8 AM 09:XX
Online character: Yes
Double checked the Online and Offline tab:YES
Character class: Sorceress
Level: 54-59
The platform: PC Win10 20H1
Character name: Qingfei
Server: Asia
Report Number: TW18620089

1 Like