Please change to personal loot

Personal loot would destroy the economy.

In an 8-player game there would be so much dropping for everyone that the really rare items are no longer rare. And because of the cool items everyone has been playing for decades.

This is true only if loot is multiplied per player. But if loot # stays the same, everyone will get a roll at an item. So personaly, everyone will see LESS items dropping. Because those that they dont see go to other players. This is the only meaningful way to do this.

3 Likes

Sorry I dont want to be that guy but you clearly cant read, have an understanding problem or just want to gaslight :(. Nobody wants more drops …

3 Likes

No thanks, most do not want ploot.

Go play private games you stupid lost sh!ts … If you cant handle with it then dont play this game.

1 Like

Its funny how people are genuinely replying to bots, 1 post trolls and d2 fanbois, calling themselves elites or something xD Stop wasting logic on braindead retards, that just want to make you feel bad cause their lives are horrible.

Option for p-loot ftw!

5 Likes

You know why opened games were always full at d2? Because of FFA loot. Having personal loot will make the game lazy, will make the players lazy, will change d2 to d3, a pussy game.
Whenever I run with others, I have always no loot. Perhaps with great luck one loot, thats it. But hey, THATS d2, THATS what makes the game fast and super funny (frustrating :smiley: )

Personal loot is a must ofr public games. I do not join public games because of the general loot. I do not want to see on the ground a LO rune and another player to take it…

3 Likes

Defending design decisions made due to technical limitations 20 years ago blows my mind. This kind of things remember me the Monty Python’s Life of Brian.

A online game punishing people for play with other people, seems ok.

3 Likes

The first time you guys turn on personal loot in an 8 player game, and get nothing or a potion 12 times in a row after killing Baal, which is statistically more likely, you’ll be swapping back to ffa for a chance at even seeing the items to pick up so you’ll know what even dropped at all.

It’s psychological. You’ll swap to ploot, and then when the above happens, you’ll be right back to ffa. Ploot only works when they increase the drop rates and loot that drops, they won’t do this even if they implement a ploot toggle. Sorry.

Ploot games will be full of people hanging back and waiting for others to kill everything, and underleveled bots. Have fun with that.

Also, D3 is next to D2R on the installer. Go give it a try. Cheers.

NO PENALTY! Dude this is stupid!

And still they will get more items than playing alone.
“It’s psychological” Because its much better see other people get all the loot.

An online game that encourages playing with other people instead of penalizing them. How dare anyone propose such a thing?

1 Like

That’s an interesting perspective, it’s wrong, but kudos for trying to spin it in a positive light.

And how exactly do you want personal loot to work with 8 players? You will need to change everything about how loot drops in Diablo2 because good runes rarely drop as it is, and your chance of seeing that rune with 1/8 personal loot makes group play absolute garbage. The reason to why you play 8 players is to get more loot drop, but if you divide the loot in to 1/8 it will be worse than a 1 player game. To add 8x more good loot will inflate the game and make every piece of gear and rune absolute garbage for trading. What makes Diablo2 great is that it has rough edges, it is not a game that allows for slackers/sleepers to simply get stuff for free. The term ‘‘Everybody is a winner’’ is what you want and it is what destroys what was good about old games.

Don’t even bother. Before the game was released and they deleted the old D2R forums, it was full of people complaining:

• I work 5 full time jobs and don’t have time to farm, increase drop rate
  • I have a 23hr 58 minute commute to work, no time to farm, increase HR drops
  • My dog takes me on extensively long walks in the evening, increase drop rate plz
  • This is modern gaming, I shouldn’t have to grind this hard to get loot
  • People are ninja looting the ffa loot on the ground, don’t ask me what a contradiction is…

Yes, of course because in these 20 years, such technology that allows personal loot has not yet been invented. It is also much better that only the bots are the ones that flood and alter the market.

And better to see how someone else always picks up the rare runes than to have the opportunity to get one

2 Likes

As has been said a million times over, this is a remaster, not a remake.

To add personal loot is to fundamentally change and alter player interaction and the way players engage in PVE content. This has been extensively demonstrated.

They can barely get the servers working, the last thing on their list is participation loot.

quoting myshelf:

Just put the option and let the people choose, its a 20years old game but in 2021 i’ve paid 40€ even having the originals.

And bots do not alter the market because people have personal loot? Or do you want to make all loot non-tradeable? Which KILLS social games. I enjoy the competitive part of multiplayer games which is not pvp. You have singleplayer games for a reson, to farm for yourself without a difficulty increase.

2 Likes

This isn’t a “choose your own adventure” game with a Diablo 2 skin.

This is:

Classic gameplay, preserved.” - as was advertised.

You purchased a game that is fundamentally at odds with your gameplay changes. Vicarious Visions and Blizzard set out to alter as little as possible and only improve QoL functions. Personal loot is a huge gameplay change and was confirmed by Rod Fergusson to be outside the goals of D2R.