Thoughts On The New Queue System?

so your not upset with the queue times that fix absolutely nothing and just wastes your playing time by literally 30min or more.?

Why would I defend this position when it hasn’t been my experience the entire time the game’s been out?

I’ve been in queue for a total of like 3-4 minutes today and that’s from going through the queue twice, not once.

You speak your truth, sister girl, but it’s not mine.

Again, I’m not getting even remotely close to 30 minute queues. I have no idea where you’re from or where you’re getting those queue times but it’s not on the server I’m connecting to.

its not ever person and its not every time. just because your not experiencing something does not mean it isnt happening to others. and lets say its only a 10 min queue time but them your game crashes and you have to wait on the queue again. and it depends on your location and time of day you log in. as for me on the west coast or usa. this morning i was in position above 400 queue position.

*tries to log in with nightmare character
Blizzard: “there was an error with the server, it’s most likely your internet connection”
*tries to log in with normal character
Blizzard: “in you go before even clicking play”

What’s more, you STILL have the 1 min bans if we try to enter a game that doesn’t yet exist (relevant for baal runs).
If you’re gonna use a queue and not fix the crashes, at least remove those 1 min join bans.

1 Like

I see your point to gamers being melodramatic about certain situations. Assuredly some of these claims are. However, I’ll give you some of my break down.

Yesterday the queue times were horrible. I no joke spent 45 minutes in queue on three separate occasions yesterday. I was around 350 - 400 in line on US region. The player count must have been high yesterday. As of this morning for me [not that time really matters b/c of timezones and whatnot] the queue was bad. I was at position 200. I didn’t even bother. As of this afternoon [now-ish] the queue times have been tolerable. I’ve been waiting about 5 minutes to log in. Which in my opinion is still abysmal and here’s why.

My game crashes all the time. Even though NVIDIA claims i can run the game at ULTRA everything, the game crashes online when I play with the new graphics enabled. This has been an issue for me since launch. It sucks. My way to circumvent it is to immediately hit ‘G’ on entering a game, to play with classic graphics. I’m okay with it, but others would not be. But even still, if the crashes were under control and I knew that I had to only go through the queue ONCE, that would be tolerable. But since crashes are random and unaddressed, I nor Blizzard can guarantee the number of times I MUST enter queue to play in a 2 hour block of time.

With that said, My game still crashes every 30-40 minutes or so whenever I’m farming stuff. Which yesterday led to me waiting in queue literally longer than I played.

I would like to address the following question in 3 different scenarios.
Why is the queue time so low today?

1. People are not playing, because it is a legitimate problem and has scorned them.
  2. People are staying logged on… maybe?
  3. Blizzard is allowing more players to enter

I believe the answer to the question to be 1. People aren’t playing. This is what Blizzard wants [either at the moment, or indefinitely]. The reason I say that is, the less people that play = less server issues = less people complaining about server issues = Game was a great success. Blizzard has your money, they literally just want people to stop complaining, and the easiest way to do that is to make the game unplayable for a large number of players. Hence, the queue system was implemented and will most likely be a permanent “feature”.

2 Likes

devolved lo robado, osea nuestro dinero y nuestro tiempo

It’s always the same, they don’t open as many servers as they should because they know that the hype will pass soon and extra servers will be useless, extra servers cost money. Players shoot their rage, saying that they will NEVER play again a game from them. Time pass and things get stable, players forget and buy new games from them. It always repeats.

2 Likes

BFA , Shadowlands, Blitzchung, Sexual Harassment, WC3 Refunded, D2R.

All of the gaming products listed above, I own except WC3R, and I assure you this will be the last product I purchase from Blizzard. The last 5 years have been abysmal for a company that skirted by the fiascos of Fallout 76 and EA’s loot boxes, they keep doubling down to outdo their competition in the realm of bad PR.

I don’t think it’s intentional, I think a lot of good talent left Blizzard over the last 10 years and they’re suffering internally. Still riding comfortably on paid WoW subscriptions ensuring their jobs. As Steve Jobs said, I think their marketing and advertisement team got in good with their shareholders and left the developers and programmers as 3rd tier. The results are subpar design, rushed products, failed launches.

1 Like

you forgot the 30 second penalty for failing to join a game

2 Likes

so the community deserve it’s fate then…

This queue is in no way a solution, it is harrasment. Back when D2lod came out here in germany, it was at 60DM, which would be 30EURO nowadays. We where able to play with TCP/IP, totally Independent from what you call Battlenet/internet, whenever we wanted to play. Now D2R costs 40EURO, wich would be 80DM nowadays, without the opportunity to play at any time we want to play. This is unacceptable. Activision should activate TCP/IP, wich i believe would not be much work. It would solve many of their and our problems at once.

2 Likes

Just tried to enter D2r and found out that there is a queue system now. Position 61, which did not change the last 10 minutes.
That is in no way a solution.
Imagine that in ladder… now i really feel like i want my money back.

1 Like

What a great way to kill off a loyal fan base. 15 years I’ve spent with Blizzard which was once a great company. Since activizion bought them out the company really has gone down the drain. How disconnected do you have to be with your fanbase? I’d really love a refund, or at least an option. In what world do you have a 30 minute login queue for a 20 year old game? You guys killed WoW, then WC3, and now D2. This will be the last 40$ you ever receive from me. Cheers to all the Blizz employees that truly cared about the magic of it all.

Don’t understand it @ all. Final fantasy had server probs. 2 days later fixed. New world had problems with server 1-2 days fixed. Blizzard having server problems 7days later we just add queue system. You finaly in the game 5 min later ERROR. Welcome queue of 200+ ppl. Absurd for this kind of company to slack so hard on this. We all payed for working game and not only Offline modus.
Think i speak for 3/4 of the player base that our patience is running out.

Then blizzard is wondering why ppl leaving wow-> overwatch etc :rofl:

1 Like

I sit in a queue only for the game to crash and relocate me into queue again.
Shut down servers till you FIX it, releasing 60$ game that cant be played is UNACCEPTABLE.
Blizzard quality my ass.

It’s time for Blizzard to introduce an hourly wage system for game

rabble rabble rabble!

also lansam reicht es jetzt sind seit 3 tagen die switch server seit 3 tagen bis abends ca 20 uhr dauer down damit die leute auf pc spielen können und ihr äussert euch nicht einmal dazu auf pc hab ich es auch da funktioniert es nicht wegen euren GPU einstellungen ich erwarte langsam eine rechtfertigung ansonsten geld für pc und switch version zurück !!!