Thoughts On The New Queue System?

So you greedy *******, this is how a solution looks like at your end?
Instead of fixing the problems at your end (yes yes, you had more than 3 weeks now without any progression), you just blame us players, because we wish to play with a game we paid for? And the all you can say is: “We are very sorry”
So this is the big idea, huh? first lets wait a yummy 30minutes in the newly introduced queue, to protect your 20 years old servers, then lets wait again another 30 seconds between every game? Ok, ok I kno I know 30sec is nothing compared to the 30 mins so I should just STFU.
Now lets talk about random crashes. No matter what kind of stuff we are using, it just keep crashes randomly even on powerhouses, while the configurations we have is a true overkill for this game… Many of us faced at least 1 crash in every hour.

And here comes the big one! The Mythic Math!!
You have 1 hour, lets break ir down how you spend it:
1 hour is 60minutes, 3600seconds. SO:
30minutes (1800secs) in queue, already 50%!!!
Create a game (i just put 10 seconds for creating and exiting, etc.). U do a quick key run, because dont want to visit all of your farming spots.
Lets say you are done in 3 minutes (180secs).
Then you have to wait 30 secs. Again.
Yes yes, you see it right, we are already at 33.5 minutes with 1!!! played game which actually lasted for 3 mins).
another 3mins run. Then another 30sec wait.
Lets guess we are so good and quick so we can do 8!! runs in an hour which is a net of 24minutes.
With 8 runs, we need to calculate 240secs of waiting time with an average of 80 secs of creating time, etc.
and here is the final result:
3600-1800-240-80 = 1480 seconds = 24,66666667 mins.

So your solution at the end means in 1 hour you we can have a net play time of almost 25minutes what is roughly 40%??

I would really like to know what the bloody hell would you do if you buy a service, product, whatever and you get 40% of that. Like you want a glass of beer (500ml, half ltr just for the better understanding), you prepay for it and you get 200ml, then when you ask WTF? the barkeeper says: “Well, mmmmh… Sorry. Shit just happens”??

13 Likes

Gamecrashes, DCs, Accidental quitting and players taking a short break need to get some sort of priority in the queue…

not good idea, that would mean that those who play all the day get priority on those who came back of work and can only play for 2 or 3hours.
They made it even worse

1 Like

im reading various d2 forums. i have never seen the d2 player community be so upset!! like the way is now!

they really messed it up! bigtime

2 Likes

I see your point for people taking breaks. But do you really think players should be punished for game crashes?

But that would also mean that those who didnt crash are punished by even longer waiting time.
They just made it worst, if it was like on wow it would have been beter and we would wait so much less.
Ive been waiting for 27min and im still waiting …

Queue - is the worst solution. Pepole with bigger online have the priority on people with less online. ANd after work you have only 2 hours to play. But you have to spent it on Queue

2 Likes

One way to shorten the queue times could be to kick people being afk in games after xx minutes.

I’m sorry but it’s everything but ok!
I’ve paid for this game, and I even paid the full offer with D3 while I already have D3 (and RoS…And the necromancer pack…) to support blizzard.
It’s totally unforgivable to not have dimensionned the serveurs so we can play.
They did not limit they money they took from us when we paid, we did not pay 50%. We paid full price. I want to be able to play FFS!

And like many, I have a live, a job, children and family to spend some time with! So when I got a spare hour, it’s not the be f***ing queued!

2 Likes

I really hope that this is just a temporary solution because of weekend and from monday you start working on real (boosting servers) solution…

1 Like

No, because giving you a queue is a rapid solution for something that will need thousand of hours of development. Without this queue playing is imposible… be patient, after read about the real problem I can understand why they have done this. Obviously they have not done things well, this is not an excuse, but queue was a solution to have a temporary solution to the problem.

Even with these disastrous server issues I had some fun leveling a Sorc up to 85 and a Necro to 60-something. Got some decent items and a few HRs…but I think I’ll check this game out at some point in 2022 and hope that Battle.net is more stable then.

This is just flat out wasting our time.

1 Like

Can I have your gear and runes? Baumsi#2599

Well, it took me 45 minutes to get to 290 to 1 in the queue and it seems i’ve been kinda lucky. Players that have experienced this number going down know how intense it feels to hope not to be disconnected or crashed in a game after passing it.

In this post here : Diablo 2 resurrected outage
There is not a single element about the temporary nature of that fix.

I am just hoping it is not considered as a permanent fix, right ?

Some of us do have too little time in the evening to be waiting that much in a queue to launch a game. This will simply prevent some people to play, even if they are not considering to quit.
This game is a gem, I like it A LOT and threw the equivalent of a few month playtime on the legacy one, but this queue is testing patience too much :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

1 Like

Dear Blizzard,

I paid for the game, like everyone else, and I find it absurd to wait for playing. Luckly for the momenty there is no other option for me, so I’m sitting here waiting for my turn to play… For sure, as soon as I get a worth game alternative, I’ll stop playing D2R.

Anyway, that’s a shame for a game that has been so glorious for so long, to perish with server issues. I hope you have good plans to furtherly improve the situation, because for the moment, doesn’t look so good.

Best,
Z

8 Likes

I completely agree. Queue?! What the f*ck is going on?! It’s as if the past decades have not happened in cloud computing, load balancing and auto-scaling! Queue?!?! Unacceptable!!

4 Likes

Been in queue for 35 min now… Its insane…

Coming home from being outside with wife. Ate dinner and we were happy to play a bit d2r now for the time till our friends come…
Queue 282… No movement since one hour.

How the hell can you even think about inventing an queue-system. It wasn’t welcome in WOW, it won’t be welcome anywhere else. Your programmers earn shitloads of money and they are not even creative to find a better solution.
Maybe it’s time to end your episode of creating games. Shame on you blizz!

At least give us 40€ blizzard coupon for this shit. So we can use the money for your shop if you wanna keep the coins in the company.

Instead of releasing the game like this I would have waited longer and work on it so it can be released as a game and not as a pile of diseases.

Anyway. We are going back to table games to release some anger :rofl:

Im opening this chat while waiting my turn to enter the game. position 204… 15 min.

How you doing guys? we better have a talk meanwhile…

what is this bs for real. i wait like 30 mins to get in and play about 20 mins for a crash.
wow

6 Likes