10 Reasons why this game has broken to us

Amazing kind of lazyness… New sets for all classes. Patches and season themes about four times a year.

big f deal man new set and when gona be the next set??? after 3 4 5 6 years
and when legendary items gona be fixt so we can use them all???

Simple answer: never.
It’s in the DNA of this kind of games that a lot of the stuff is just “fillers” and consumables.

1 Like

your logic is ****
we have this cuz we need crap for materials
nice one man

1 Like

Thx for the kind words. Have a nice day and lots of fun playing Diablo 3.

I think he meant suck, Not S word. lolol. I must say that we do need to find a purpose for these useless legendary. There are far too many of them. Some are cool I guess like Skycutter. I used to love that sword in the old days, the angel come to assist me in battle but sadly he doesn’t do any damage. More for visual effect I guess. It will be nice if the Angel deals 5-20% of your weapon damage.

In the same way with the necklace I mentioned before that summon 2 shadow clones when you stun the enemy. It will be nice if they either do a little bit of damage or take some damage from you. Some items didn’t even have any bonus. What is the point of having them in the game then? They have no value than just ordinary yellow item.

My point is too many items in the pool, hard to get the one you need. So either get rid of them or do something about it to make us feel valuable to have them. Also my mate said last night that since the new patch, the set items are very rare to drop now. I have been noticing after 2-3 GR or rifts if I look in my stash, I rarely see any green item, mostly 90-99% all just regular legendary.

Another thing he mentioned, not sure it is true or not. He said if the Necro is in the game party, monster levels are higher because when Necro came out, they were OP. As a result, Blizzard make the mob stronger than usual. So I was farming with Necro and party of 3 at GR90, my mates were started dying a lot more than usual. If I take my DH or other class, they rarely die. So we tested. I sit back and let them head on. I switch char and do the same to see any difference. The finding were interesting. Maybe you can argue that they play suck or bad map. I don’t know.

One more thing, he also said Blizzard make once or twice a day the magic find really high like 1000% or something in one session. So during the rift, if you start noticing drops are getting higher, he said carry on until the end, don’t quit or change the character, otherwise it will reset back to normal magic find. You will normally run in to goblin horde or higher chance of primal drop or almost every chest or dead people will give something. Maybe that explain why that day I found 2 primal in the same rift but 2 different floor. Another rift, I got almost every chest give me 1 legendary . Maybe coincidence or maybe it is true. Have you come across like that?

I could only agree outright with one of the ten reasons - and that is reason no: 5.
However, I can partially agree with random chance on GR statistics as an outlier as I have missed 4 out of 4 on a 90% chance, although after 12 rifts, it does work out at 90%. The bad luck for that particular one stands out but 4 successes with 60, 50 , 40 and 30% are not unknown.

Death after finishing elites too - they arcane sentries for example continue for a while…

I have nearly 300 consumables… If there were only a recipe for converting them into other things.

Of course we know that some traps are still on after you kill the elite. I am telling you that if you are DH and you can still die by nothing. Most people won’t notice since too much is going on the screen. This is not just my experience, also my mates and I have seem him die just by standing there.

There is nothing, I do mean absolutely nothing around, no arrow, no poison pool, arcane line or fire trail. It’s not lag either. The message say X has been slain. By what? nothing. I wish I have video recording to show you there is a bug going on there.

If there were these kinds of bugs specifically directed at DHs I think there would be more talk about it in the forums and by youtubers (like Wudijo)? I seem to vaguely remember that some elite effects are more or less invisible and/or can have a range that can be deadly to squishy characters like DHs. Some DH builds are quite tanky though… Your friend probably knows that life alone is a poor means of survivability so even 1.5 million of it won’t save you - especially if you play in a group with pure dps players.
This post is not meant as criticism against KKWIN’s points.

God you are dumb af.

It’s not broken at all that you failed 4 times out of 5 once, twice, or even 10 times. It’s broken only if people got this after tens of thousands times.

You called me Dumb? How many programming language do you know mate before you call me dumb?

The way I see is 90% chance of success should be exactly that. If it failed, try again at 90% and this time should be success but NO. After 4 times and only the last one let you pass. WTF. Now I am scare of an upgrade because there is 50/50 chance of failure instead of only 10%. So when I see 90% I just put it on the lower gem. When I see 30%, it is most likely it will fail this upgrade but sometime it still let me pass which is not right.

The way it should work is not about how many times. It is about this very moment that you are upgrading. The percentage should represent the chance of success. 90% chance is pretty much grantee to pass.

Since you talk so much about being computer and programming savvy why don’t you do some real tests and see if chances from 90% and down to 30% don’t hold true on a reasonable number of tries?
It’s been done before and, to my knowledge, it always shows that the figures are quite right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clustering_illusion
Read that before you spit out such nonsense…

1 Like

90% is the Expected Value, i.e. the average success rate when huge numbers of trials are conducted.

I guess they teach Computer Science differently these days compared to back in the late 1980s when I was at University. There was a huge amount of maths involved back then and a high grade ‘A’ level maths pass was required even to get into the course. There’s no way someone without a basic understanding of statistics would have even got in, let alone graduated.

1 Like

I do agree that in the past you must have A level Maths to do Computer Science. Nowadays is different and you can get into any university without Maths even top universities in the UK. I am not saying that they are wrong in theory. I know that you are Maths guy and you have shared those wiki stuff before. I am not interested in the Maths. I am talking about basic common sense here. For long term yes, it works. If I upgrade over 100 times, 90% of the time it work at 90% chance and 10% of the time it didn’t at 90% chance. Maths is correct. I am talking about individual time that you upgrade, not counting for over period of time.

One of my mate is a Maths teacher and I show him this game. I am going to upgrade this gem and it said 90% chance of success. I click on it and failed. Maybe bad luck and try again. Oh it failed AGAIN. I have 5 chances and 4 of them failed. WTF. Of course, if you do it again and again for like over 1000 times and start counting in the spreadsheet, obviously the number will add up and looks correct but you are not seeing from my point of view are you? Anyway, we are back to square one about this topic and it is not even my top priority. It is annoying for me but nothing we can do about it. Just leave it as that.

There are still many other issues with the game as I stated before. The main focus here is the following points. That’s what I want them to improve on.

1. Improve the quality of life by having pets picking up Mats and DB as well as gold.
  2. Make the better quality drops in higher GR with some guarantee of getting ancient.
  3. Primal should give more than just 15 souls.
  4. Remove all the useless items that nobody care or wear like Blackthorn set. Some item like Ouroboros necklace has no added value to it. There are many other items and I don’t know all the name. Less items mean more chance of getting what you need.
  5. Legendary item should have some kind of bonus. If there is no bonus, it shouldn’t exist in the game like Fletcher Pride. Some items are not in the cube but they are useful like Wind Force bow which has up to 50% knock back, or Blind Faith has 40% chance to blind since some people wear them for Necro Krysbin ring.
  6. Change some of the items to make it more valuable/useful to have. Like Raven Wing bow, what is the use for this? Raven fly with you? For what purpose? Does it take 5-20% of my damage? Skycutter sword has angel come to assist you and he does no damage at all. Maybe change that to 10-20% of your weapon damage?
  7. Don’t give item that has nothing to do with my current class. If I use Necro to farm Necro items, just give me Necro stuff or at least give me Intel base items, damn it.
  8. Make other gears equally good as set items to open up more option to LoN/LoD build. E.g DH chakram off hand and kridershot with some added damage instead of just giving hatred. Look at Hydra for Wiz. LoD Hydra is good as Typhoon set. I have tried it and it work really well

Can’t link to it any more, as it was on the old version of the forums, but there was a thread from someone who carried out a few thousand attempts at 60% gem upgrades. The actual result was +/- 0.1% within 60%.

I totally understand being frustrated when you get multiple failures to upgrade at high chance to upgrade. However, I understand that the frustration doesn’t mean that it’s not working exactly how it should.

1 Like

Why everyone is on this Maths issue about this gem upgrade and skip all the other problems. Just because you guys know Maths and doesn’t mean that everything else in the game is perfectly fine. If you read my reply carefully I did say that Maths is correct in theory so many times but the way we are looking at it different. As I said leave it as that and no point of talking about it anymore.

Please focus on the main points that I mention. Me and my mates have already identify various problems. Basically I am the messenger here. Rather than focusing on the existing problem, finding the solution is the way to move forward and I have suggested the solution for them to work on it in the future patches. May be it might not happen it all once and there is definitely a room to improve on.

At the moment, the drops from GR and Rift are so terrible and I can hardly find anything useful for my DH and Necro. Everyone that I played complaining that and we have to share drops and we played for 3-4 hours and we find like 1 usable item among us. Like I said before I used up 400 GR keys and I find like less than 10 items that are actually usable for just 2 chars. I keep saying usable, I didn’t say perfect. I told them to use the cube and shard to get what you want which is the only hope now.

This is not just for us, I think it can benefit to everyone who enjoy this game. Once they manage to get most of it fix or improve on, the game is near perfect until someone come up with an new idea. Just create new season theme every now and then and review existing set items to re-balance a little bit. Keep monitoring on the botter and punish them. If they can do that, we will buy the D4. But of course some of you will still buy it and then play for a bit and move on or just don’t bother with all the small details.

The game is not totally (not technically) broken. Broken mean you cannot even press a button or not connection or cannot save game progress and Maths is not working. This game is broken in term of other aspects like quality of life, chores, inconsistency, some minor bug, frustration, massive waste of time, huge disappointment and extremely boring. It could be so good and so much potential but completely ruin the game play experience and turn it to massive chore which turn us into this endless evening routine of farming over and over again. The game made our psychological effect and mental heath. That is the main message here people. If I want to report bug or Maths is not working, I would go to post it on the technical support page. Why would I be talking here in general form? You are not seeing the whole point of this thread. 10 Reasons why this game is broken. May be put TO US at the end. It broken us mentally.

My mate got annoy so much and he said he would like to punch the screen. Yesterday he used up all his Mats to upgrade yellow to legendary and got the same crap that teleport to town for 8 times with a couple of mantle channelling and not a single set item. He put them on the chat and it is ridiculous. I said not worth it for 30 quid game over 300 monitor. Just log out and go to chill with other game or watch TV or better yet, go to sleep early.

Speaking of botter, they don’t have to be someone with high paragon like over 10k, they can be also lower paragon that jumping every way point in split second to every map after all the bounties are done. I run into one like that yesterday, we have done all the quests, the other 2 left straight away but I stayed on the clear junks. And I saw this Wiz going from one way point to every other way point in all 5 acts. On the side bar, X has teleport to A location, X has teleport B location at very fast speed and so on until all the way points has been visited, then suddenly left without any reply to me. May be bad bot and he is like paragon 1800.

The problem is that you lost all credibility with your claims about 90% (and 30%) chances. So why should we believe you when you say that “the drops from GR and Rift are so terrible and I can hardly find anything useful for my DH and Necro. Everyone that I played complaining that and we have to share drops and we played for 3-4 hours and we find like 1 usable item among us.” ? You play non season therefore it’s only natural that your heroes are already well equipped and it’s hard to find better gear.

1 Like

Well, Jazz, you and I never get on from the start for so many times and we never understand each other. Believe whatever you want and I honestly don’t care less. Again you are missing the point as usual and I am not going to bother explaining again. Read the bold text above and the 8 bullet points above before Meteor reply.

It is true that non season player like us is hard to find better gear and I am talking about the new set for DH and necro. Not existing char and gears. So season or none season, it doesn’t matter at all to me. The item drops are still a problems. I have burn nearly 10k souls and countless DB to get my gears in ancients for just 2 sets and new items and they are not even that good. I still have 3 necro items and 2 more DH to get better version and I am not evening hoping for primal. Some of them I gave up farming and put them in the cube instead.

Anyway, I think this thread has enough replies and I hope that Blizzard is reading this because I want to make the point once and for all and I am done after this.

I will wait and see if they do anything about it in 6-9 months. I will check the patch note every time. If not, me and my mates are all out from this game for sure. We are not coming back and I am sure nobody give a damn. I have already lost so many good players in my friend list. Only a few left now and I am also stubbornly coming back to this due to new set items and gears. So sad and they all left because of various reasons and the main problem is we are not happy with the game play.

One of my mate before RoS during AH time, he gave me all his items, every single thing from his stash and he said he couldn’t believe he wasted so much time on this game and regretted ever buying it. But nice knowing you mate and good luck with your job and everything and he deleted his account. I said they might fix some of the issue in new RoS and please stay. He said no and he had no faith in Blizzard anymore. At that time there is no account bound on items. So I got everything from him. I even managed to sell a couple of nice items on AH for real money for a couple of quid.

I moved on with RoS with some hope of excitement and fun (feeling like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel) but at the end of the day same old same old still trap inside this endless loop of darkness. I must say there are a few things they made it better like the cube, shard and goblins etc but basic structure is still the same and these are the things that just unacceptable and very annoying. A lot of chores, itemisation, too much random, everything so fix on set items and open up to all sort of variety of play style and skills to come up with some creativity. There are so many skills and nobody use them. Everyone is the same and all predictable outcome. On top of all that, it is very time consuming and stressful. It might be ok for some people since they have so much time but for some of us is very difficult to find time. Without this lock down, I wouldn’t even have time to reply one.

Well, concerning your points:

1. That’s okay. But the game isn’t broken as it is now.
  2. Better drops in high GRs would be unfair to casual and “non elite” players who struggle with the game. Why should players who can run high GRs be rewarded even more when legendaries already rain from the sky? And a guarantee for ancients? Well there is already a 10% “guarantee” that a legendary will be ancient. Maybe it should be increased to 15 or 20%?
  3. How many souls for a primal? 20? 30? Since primals are about 1 in 400 maybe it should be 400 souls? The amount of souls from a primal doesn’t make the game more or less broken.
    4, 5, 6 and 8. If all legendaries were useful we’d run out of stash space! Making all equally strong and useful would be against the philosophy that we have to search for the few, useful items for a build. It would probably also be an impossible balancing project for the developers. Making all items really great could possible break the game if you see it from that perspective.
    It’s true that a lot of items could be ditched from the loot table but I think that it wont happen for historic and nostalgic reasons.
  4. Point 7. Annoying as it may be it’s intended that a certain percentage of drops will be for other classes. This doesn’t make the game broken.
1 Like