10 Reasons why this game has broken to us

Well Jazz, I like to you read this until the end and read my bold text above before you draw any conclusion. I did say the word inconsistent. I have tested on the GR400 keys and rarely I find anything ancient or usable. Neither are my mates. We get a lot of items yes but there aren’t many ancient drops from both GR and Rift. Even if they do, they are 90% of the time useless. Everyone I played complaining that how crap the drops are and bare in mind they are newbies with paragon 1000 which is the same as you guys who play season. We drop when we find anything useful to them even if they are not ancient. Could be useful to put in the cube or wear it for now.

Which come to my other point saying getting rid of items that nobody care about like Blackthorn, Fletcher Pride, etc or make the current one to be more interesting and more valuable to have like changing the legendary bonus like Raven Wing. Raven take some of your damage or something. I don’t care what. Let them come up with some creative idea.

Speaking of stash space, you don’t need that much space and they can be in the cube. I never played seasons, I have my original 8 stash space (1 for each char and 1 for gems and to do list) and even with all 7 classes and all complete sets for all 7 classes, plus all the legendary gems and my LoD set up. I still have enough room to move around. I don’t even need to put any items in my char stash space. Plus I have so many different settings on every char and when I change setting, none of the items or gems are missing.

LoD build, my monk and DH share some items. In the same way for my Wiz and WD share items which reduce my stash space. No point of having the 3 different version of CoE ring for example. 1 ring that can share between 5 classes. Dex and Str give armour to Intel class anyway. On top of that all 3 of my followers are fully equipped with ancients or primal. You guys do seasons, you should have more than enough stash spaces. It is down to your own organisation. If I can manage that with my 8 stash, I am pretty sure that you can too if you are an organise person.

My whole point is everything in the game exist for a reason. Without reason or purpose, shouldn’t even be there in the first place. Understand? The idea of making other items a better version is to open up the world of creativity and imagination. Open up to more LoD builds that are good as set items which make the game more interesting. It does not break the game in any shape or form Jazz. I used to work in IT industry and I know what projects are like. What I am saying is let the player find things out and experimenting for themselves rather than being spoon feed which is the game should be about. What they are doing is limiting choices and like Blizzard way or high way.

Because every DH is different and everyone is cool and unique in their own creation. Now we are all hook in the set. Now you have balance issue. One set is better than the other and everyone after that set which is what happening right now in D3. If you see a Bab, you know that they will all do WW 80% or Frenzy 10% or 10% HoTA. There are so many other skills, who use them? Nobody. DH charam for example, very cool in my view but nobody use it. If you see a DH, you know that either GoD or Multishot in bounties. Impale in high GR most of the time and that’s it. Very little Marauder or Nat rapid fire. In fact I never seen one.

All monk play Bells or Rush, All WD plays Barrage, All wiz plays hydra or archon. WTF. I want to play Charam or LoD multishot but I can’t even with 5 mill damage, they are only good enough to do GR90 compare with my Unhallowed set. I have mentioned this before some where above.

I like this Hydra in LoD build which is good as Typhoon set. So why not encourage other players that we can build and design in our own way rather than developer way that has specific to the set item? Is it not better? We pay the money, we like to play how we like. They just provide items and the world. Maybe they should remove the set items in the D4. Everyone is free to create on their own style. That way nobody is the same anymore.

If I see a guy in public game, oh WOW. that is cool dude. How did you set it up? You feel proud and happy with your set up and people are admiring your creation. Then I see another guy, Oh that is also awesome, how did I miss that. I like that build and look fun. Then you can combine your own stuff to make your own version and might want to share with some other if you find it work. It opens up a lot of discussion and idea which much more fun and interesting. Now we are stuck/trap with this set items. We all do exactly the same and everyone is after the most powerful build which is a shame. So many skills and we all use the same rune, the same skill?

As for the Primal, I said more than 15 souls. You really are lack of imagination. More than 15 souls could be anything. With some DB or Mats or bounties materials. I don’t care since primal are hard to find in the first place. If we don’t want it, then it should recycle to higher return. I guess you didn’t read my bold text since you still assuming that the game is not broken. It is not technical, when are you ever going to get that? It is what this game do to us in term of creativity and mentally.

ALL games like Diablo have tons and tons of items of all kinds that are just crappy stuff that is meant to be disposed of in some kind of way. I really think it’s you who don’t understand.

It was one of your points in why the game is broken - Now it suddenly doesn’t matter?? I think your imagination is lacking. There have been lots of suggestions on how to make primals better and more rewarding. Like being able to reroll more than one affix…

1 Like

Oh Jazz. You have no idea, do you. I do play hundred and thousand of games since I was a teenager. How many games you have played in your life time? In fact how old are you anyway? Just curious. Those crappy stuff are blue and yellow and low stat legendary. There are plenty of junks to be trash.

Did I mention about Primal in my first post? Go back to the top again and see the word Primal mention anywhere. I only mention it in my solution reply. It is just a suggestion (more than 15 souls, don’t care what they do with it but do something worth it since it is hard to find) and I know that there are many other suggestions out there. In fact I even wrote about improvement on primal some where long time ago in the form.

I stick to facts and data mostly. Petty innuendo doesn’t work, like the “age” argument. Being younger or older has nothing to do with being more or less right. Having played a hundred or a thousand different games doesn’t change the fact that dungeon crawlers (or whatever games like Diablo are called) are full of stuff that you don’t use for anything else than salvage, sell or dispose of in other ways.

No. You mentioned it here:

So by your own words primals are a main focus.

1 Like

Assuming you’re running GRs at a level high enough that you’ve hit the max legendaries per run cap then if you ran 400 GRs that’s a total of 400 * 12 = 4800 legendaries.

The expected value of ancients is 1 in 10, which means you should have gotten around 480 ancients.

The expected value of primals is 1 in 400, which means you should have gotten around 12 primals.

On my non-seasonal WW/Rend Barb I could run GR90s in under 2 minutes per run. Assuming some down-time for identifying / salvaging every few runs, let’s say it averages to 3 minutes per run. So, 400 runs would take 1200 minutes.

Aren’t 480 ancients and 12 primals per 20 hours played enough?

1 Like

Did you say 12 primals? I have counted from the paper which I wrote down every time when I find a primal and where I got it from. I got 4 primal from the rift, From GR in that 400 keys, I got 4 primal, 2 from upgrade from rare to legendary, 1 from kadala, 1 from bounty. So I did get 12 but it is more than 20 hours mate. It is the combination of all sources and took nearly a month by the way. I too stick to fact and data Jazz. Oh recently I got 2 primal the same GR at public game but this is not included because I used up that 400 keys before the new patch. So from 14 primal I found in about a couple of months, I can only use 2 of them since the rest are not even worth calling it legendary since they don’t have any value or bonus. I am not sure about the ancient since I never bother to write down anything and I have to assume that you are right on that Maths man.

But then again you and Jazz are both skipping all the other points that I made and only stick to the Maths stuff. Because that’s the only thing you are seem to be good at and not seeing the bigger picture here. Or maybe you are not mentioning it because you can’t argue with me on that? Do you not agree that there is a room to improve? Or you are both just happy with the way things are now? What Jazz said, Primal are the main focus. I wrote 8 solutions and he only pick up that point.

I replied in very details and explain the reason behind all this and the guy only pick up the only 2 areas where I mention about him and he took it personally and argue me back. Ignoring all the other important points. This is not about you or him. It is nothing personal to you Jazz. Be professional here. This is the message for Blizzard. It is very disappointing to see you both defending the company.

You know, I made my career and business in aboard by listening to my clients and meeting their demand. If I don’t deliver, they walked away and never come back. There is always a competition around the corner and I have to up my standard to their demand every time. So no matter how small it is, doesn’t matter whether they are right or wrong, I tried my best to deliver my service to them. If not possible, I will explain to them politely and offer different solution. At the end of the day, they paid me well enough to own 4 properties in near London without mortgage. What I believe in is every problem has a solution. All you have to do is have an open mind and find it and stick to it.

I hope you guys are getting paid by Blizzard to defend them. If you love the company so much, why don’t you work for them? You Meteorblade knows so much Maths, I am sure that someone like you have a place in Blizzard? By the sound of it, you probably from UK and also know a bit of Computer Science, right? Probably about middle age between 30-45? Maybe make your talent in the good use instead of writing over 1200 posts in this form. What is your goal here?

Are you two going to make this game better than now or just going to stubbornly going to defend the company that limit us with all the creativity. The guy trying to send the message and collecting feedback from his mates in order to make the game better and more interesting and more creative and you two are only interested in how to fight me back instead of having an open mind and trying to see things from my perceptive and other players. You need to welcome new idea, open doors, not shutting them out.

If someone come up to me with an suggestion on my product, I will say oh thank you mate. I didn’t think of that. Very good idea. Let me what I can do about that. What you two are doing is, how dare you tell me that my product suck. Who do you think you are? My product is not suck, it is you that suck and dumb. You don’t like my product, go and find other crap. Maybe too late to change in this game now and probably they take the feedback from us and start from scratch and make the better version in D4.

Either way like I said, I have put enough time and input for this game and this form. I have never put that much time and effort in the form like this before ever. This is years of frustration and disappointment in the game that we enjoy so much. It could be so much better and has potential but ruin it all. But what they do now is up to them. This is not my company and I am not the boss here to make decision. I am not going to waste any more time with this form and this is my last reply to you all.

Remember that the way to move forward is having an open mind and seeing the possibilities. The game that limit the creativity is not a great game. D3 is a good game, there is no denying that. Otherwise I wouldn’t played for this long but there are a lot of rooms to improve on that and it is certainly not a great game yet. So good luck and have fun. I am out of here.

The picture I’m seeing is that you wish to maintain a message about the loot system being broken despite me explaining the maths and you saying you agree with that maths being right. The picture is literally feelings over facts.

1 Like

It’s funny. I’ve picked up on several of your points right from the start of your opening post and just yesterday I commented on all of your recent 8 points.

Again you make long winded personal attacks that has nothing to do with the discussion.

1 Like

Not going to repeat what I wrote before but wanted to show you guys something. This is not once but happen a few times before but never actually took the screenshot. Now I decided to take one and show you that one of the problem. Look at this picture, It has the same pylon spawn closely together. Sometime even right next to each other. Update: I can’t put link in my own post? Now I have to delete the link which is ridiculous. I created this post and I can’t even put a picture from my Google Photo?

Another thing that my mates were saying the other day about primal. As I said before do something more than just giving you back 15 souls. I don’t care what since primal are hard to find in the first place. IF you reforge it, you should get Primal back with different stat. I have mentioned this before in my own post long time ago. You can only upgrade, not down grade. At least give back my primal damn it.

My mate also got annoyed that he failed his gem upgrade at 90% twice. I said to him that I mentioned this in my post in this form and 2 guys called me dumb and saying that Maths is correct. I do agree to certain point but if I say this to anyone even my grand mother or a 12 years old child, it just don’t make sense. Blizzard must have a log on each player getting how many primal and legendary every hour or sessions. What they should change is the current session, not for a long term session. But anyway, I gave up arguing with them. Another mate also complaining that he has reforge his gear (Dawn I believe) for ancient version for 50 times and only 1 ancient roll which is ridiculous.

At the end of the day, Blizzard must notice that this post has a lot of replies out of all the posts apart from that botting form that shut down (I got ban and I didn’t bot) and they surely be reading some of it no matter how long my messages are. Of course some people (not going to name) don’t read everything if they see long messages and just skip to the conclusion and pick some point that they want to argue against instead of taking everything in which is what bunch of teenagers do. Everyone is entitle to your own view. They think they are right and I am also sticking to my own fact and my own experience. The thing is theory and real life are two completely different stories. They don’t always follow or agree with what is on the paper.

I am sorry Blizzard but you got some issues and you got to fix some of it. I don’t mean everything over night and I don’t expect you to. I gave you 8 solutions above in this post. At least make some of it happen in the future patch. From today, I am signing out from D3 for good unless I see my mates sign in which is rarely now or you guys fixed some of the issues in the future patch. IF you manage to do some of it, then we will get new D4 and carry on with this franchise. Otherwise, well you are not the only game out there in the market.

What was with the two pylons? Was it two pylons of the same type that spawned close to each other? Or was it two different pylons spawning at different locations (but close to each other)? And was it a nephalem rift or a greater rift?

1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… http://www.ThisIsAnExample.com/HowToMakeLinks.htm

So, if it’s a 90% chance of success, it’s also a 10% chance of failure.
Chance of two failures in a row is 0.1 * 0.1 = 0.01, i.e. 1%.
It won’t happen often, but it will happen.

I wasn’t one of them.

On the contrary, I’d expect any 12 year old that’s studying maths at school to have a rudimentary knowledge of statistics by that age such that they’d understand that it’s perfectly possible for something with a 90% success rate to occasionally fail multiple times in a row.

Another visit to…

Number of events = 50
Probability of success per event = 10%
Probability of exactly 1 success = 2.863%

So, roughly 1 in 35 would get that result.
Again, that’s unlucky, but it’s not broken.

Earlier in the thread you agreed with my maths. Now you’re saying that you have your own facts but what you’re posting are your feeling about your experiences.

Feel free to argue against my maths. You need to provide evidence that it’s not working, rather than just feeling upset that you / your friends got unlucky. Current evidence, as anecdotally provided by you in this thread, would suggest nothing more than bad luck. It certainly doesn’t suggest anything’s broken, so there’s nothing for Blizzard to address here.

1 Like

Well both. Same type, sometime different type but right next to each other. Also in both GR and normal rift.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RMhSJpMG6DcdbueA8

This is what you wrote awhile ago when you got annoyed and I didn’t have a chance to reply it properly. Have you ever seen any system in the world has an extra button that nobody press? Every button, every icons, everything exist for a reason. Without purpose or reason, it shouldn’t be there in the first place. Can you name one player who ever wear black thorn set or Raven wing on your DH? Do you wear one as well in any of your char? It has some meaning but if nobody use it or wear it, what is the point?

I can’t even make the separate reply. Sorry Jazz. Seem like only you two actually care to reply a lot in this post.

As I said before Meteorblade. There are more than just Maths here mate. IF you look at my 8 points to improve, there aren’t even anything about those gem upgrade or Maths issue or even pylon. Those things are minor issues. Here are the main concerning issues.

1. Improve the quality of life by having pets picking up Mats and DB as well as gold.
  2. Make the better quality drops in higher GR with some guarantee of getting ancient. (OR do something with those gem upgrade. Someone posted here about those gems upgrade recently and doing GR100 is the same as doing GR50 which is ridiculously grinding, here is his link Leveling legendary gems)
  3. Primal should give more than just 15 souls.
  4. Remove all the useless items that nobody care or wear like Blackthorn set. Some item like Ouroboros necklace has no added value to it. There are many other items and I don’t know all the name. Less items mean more chance of getting what you need.
  5. Legendary item should have some kind of bonus. If there is no bonus, it shouldn’t exist in the game like Fletcher Pride. Some items are not in the cube but they are useful like Wind Force bow which has up to 50% knock back, or Blind Faith has 40% chance to blind since some people wear them for Necro Krysbin ring.
  6. Change some of the items to make it more valuable/useful to have. Like Raven Wing bow, what is the use for this? Raven fly with you? For what purpose? Does it take 5-20% of my damage? Skycutter sword has angel come to assist you and he does no damage at all. Maybe change that to 10-20% of your weapon damage?
  7. Don’t give item that has nothing to do with my current class. If I use Necro to farm Necro items, just give me Necro stuff or at least give me Intel base items, damn it.
  8. Make other gears equally good as set items to open up more option to LoN/LoD build. E.g DH chakram off hand and kridershot with some added damage instead of just giving hatred. Look at Hydra for Wiz. LoD Hydra is good as Typhoon set. I have tried it and it work really well (basically make the build more creative, let player create their own build and move away from the set items)

Yes, I’ve occasionally seen that happen. That’s because of how pylons are spawned. When you enter a rift / greater rift there’s a 1% chance that there’ll immediately be a pylon. If not, for every 1% of progress the chance of a pylon to be spawned is increased by 3%, thereby ensuring you’ll get one as your progress increases. Once one is spawned, your chance of a pylon is reset, and it starts rising again from 1% chance. Pylons have known possible spawn locations. Play enough and you’ll know that if your progress is going well, you’ll know where on the map the next one could be.

Now, on your screenshot, you’ve got two pylons. The fact that they’re close to each other just means your hero was near to two possible pylon spawn locations on the map. You got the first pylon due to sufficient progress forcing one, then the second happened with a low chance. As the screenshot shows it’s a T16 rift, it’s not hard to do that, because it’s easy to get to the first 100% guaranteed spawn by reaching 33% progress. Then it’s just a really low chance that you’d spawn a second one at 1% (or close thereto).

But you keep making posts complaining about lack of ancient / primal drops, which are adequately explained by maths / statistics.

1 Like

There are about 24 skills each with 5 runes (plus unruned) and 19 passives for each class. Expecting each of them be equally purposeful is absurd in my opinion.
An explanation for all the “useless” and “junk” legendaries is probably due to history. In the early days of D3 you only had one play mode and getting the real good stuff could take a long time. So a Raven’s Wing or some pieces of Blackthornes could be useful for a while. Even today, if you level up slowly in season a ‘junk’ legendary can be useful for some time. A Mempo of Twilight was a BIS item is classic D3. Today it’s only here as a part of history… and a provider of souls.

… I’m not here to defend Blizzard or the game. Anybody is free to make suggestions and all things can be changed. I just don’t think that people should be all riled up because they find something is annoying them. Just recently I had five fails in a row on 60% upgrade chance in an empowered GR in the nineties. The next one I had only one success out of five tries. And then I had five successes in a row at 60%. These things just make me smile and laugh.

Only think I can agree is auto picking up materials (DB, reusable parts, etc…) and the primal salvaged giving more materials. If I may add something , I d like to see primals being able to be reforged to primals but with different stats this time. This can be done with a more expensive recipe ( like 50 the needed materials of a typical reforge).

The rng is rng man. It’s randomly generetaded. You farmed for x hours and got 5 primals instead of 10 and all of them were blackthorn’s ? Someone else farmed for x hours and got 20 primals and some of them were good. It is sucks to have bad rng but it is what it is. Probability models work that way. Last season i got 3 primals in 4-5 consecutive GR runs and all of them were actually mundunugu pieces + the offhand that I ve found spending shards. That’s 4 primals in 15 minutes. This season I ve found somewhere between 25-30 primals. Every single one of them is not even used by the worst off meta build in the game. I am talking about broken staffs and scoundrel tokens tier of garbage. And I still haven’t found a Dawn that rolled above 60% CDR. Well, what can you do…

1 Like

I came out of the party to switch char and switch hero button has gone. Also Resume button is disable. It happened before a few times and I have to come out of the game completely and then rejoin. It didn’t happen until the last 2 patches. Something mess up somewhere. This is technical issue now.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/njLEvA7JWKWus7ve6

1 Like

This is just another in a line of people I see complaining on here that basically comes down to “I don’t have everything I want and it takes to long to get it and RNG”.

I get so frustrated with this silliness man. Do these people just want the exact items with perfect stats to appear in their inbox after 50 hours or something? Do they get no fun out of the experience of item improvements? So what if you don’t have perfect rolls on all the gear.

It is called perfect for a reason. You can’t just expect perfect to appear without a massive amount of investment.

it happen to me when i was solo

Put down the magnifying glass; lift up your head from the microscope.
Go outside.

Same here, hundreds of hours of gaming and about 1% of ancient drops on GR100+…and 99% useless crap…! Primals, I only got, when entering GR70 (usual), and then only the useless ones…Seems like they are removed from the game and only let them drop as bait to keep on playing…The RNG of this game seems broken! The only way to get proper ancients is to reforge them…takes a loooooong time! Quite stupid, you play the skin from your bones on these high GRs and you only get proper loot by rerolling stuff, again broken!

1 Like