Delays while accessing inv & stash

Just for the last few days, when I open inventory/stash/blacksmith, all the tables come up empty for a few seconds, 3-6 seconds, before showing the contents. Seems worse in public/4 man games. There’s no obvious lag, latency is usually 50/55 msec. Any ideas?

Is this applicable…

1 Like

No, it’s already set to high, and it only started just recently, and I didn’t make any changes during that time.

Thanks Meteorblade. That was applicable on my pc. Low texture quality = up to 1 minute loading time. High texture quality=zero delay

the bug is there no matter of setting. But the fix is just to change. Low to high. or high to low.

Tried that, no change.

Sorry to hear that you’re still having trouble. Please try the following steps:

Please provide your MSINFO as shown here: Obtaining System Files - Blizzard Support
Upload it to https://pastebin.com/ then reply here with the link.
If you’re not comfortable posting your MSINFO on pastebin or on the forums, please use: Contact Support - Blizzard Support

It says I can’t paste a link here, I don’t know why.
So I opened a ticket instead.
Thanks for your help.

1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… http://www.ThisIsAnExample.com/HowToMakeLinks.htm

Thanks for that. In the meantime I’ve had a reply to my ticket, so thanks to Blizzard for that. I’ll see if any of the advice helps.

I’ve seen this issue reported on the forums quite a few times. I’d actually be interested in what the advice given in the ticket was (that hopefully resolves the issue for you) as it could prove useful for others that report it.

I appreciate Blizzard’s reply to this problem. It was the usual advice: update drivers, run the scan and repair program (which I did, no repair necessary), flush DNS etc, with no actual mention of the problem.

I’ll pile on with another case of seeing this issue, and some detail I’ve tracked down. Short answer, turning “Texture Quality” setting back to Low instantly solves the problem. All inventory, stash, and vendor views show instantly (as expected.) Turning the setting back to High during that game play session will generally remain in a good state.

Quitting and re-running the game (still in High Quality Textures) will again show the very slow update of Inventory and Stash tabs. Re-applying the toggle above will “fix” it for that session.

I could leave it in low quality mode, of course, but that looks horrible.

This is on a totally max config iMac Pro with 16GB of video ram, 128GB of physical RAM, highest end everything. Obviously, the computer is fine to run at max settings. This is a specific bug of some sort in the app.

I had seen it happen a little before over the years, but it is 100% consistent behavior since the latest 2.7 patch.

1 Like

Just posting this in case we have the same issue …

I was experiencing lags/performances issues ; every 10-15 seconds the game was slowing down, almost freezing (despite a good computer) and it was pretty unplayable. Decreasing the video settings, disabling the sound and also the “fmodex64.dll” trick did not change anything.

But I solved it ! I change my screen resolution to 1280*800 on Windows AND also in the game (I did both, maybe only 1 is enough I don’t know) … it now works perfectly !!!

Hope this will help :slight_smile:

This steps dosent help, what else can we do ?

But i think its not us its Blizzard, what makes bad work by the last patch, now we have more lags. iam not alone when i say “we are very frustradet”

Fix that bugs please asap !!!

But i see Diablo 4 will be my last choise i go for Path of Exile, so yoou lose your cuminity, amazing job !!

I have the same issue on a iMac only I found that when my char is in caldeum all loading delays are gone. Bastion’s keep is the worse with more then 15-30 sec delay before loading the inventory or merchant screens etc… basically all pop-up screens.

also noticed a improvement when logging in and it shows only 35 < people in chat

Tried on two different iMacs (including very top end iMac Pro and latest iMac - both with 16GB VRAM video cards - high end stuff), as well as on an M1 MacBook Pro. All have a similar problem where items in the inventory, or tabs for vendors or stash, take quite while to load. Hitting ‘I’ for inventory will take 10+ seconds, even if I just looked at it half a second ago.

The 100% fix is to go to options for video settings, and switch from High to Low textures. I click Accept, which flips the mode so you can preview it, and then I just hit ESC. Don’t bother to actually accept the change for real. This swaps back to High texture mode, and the problem is gone for this gaming session. Quitting the game and starting again will require the same dance to reset.

The good: reproducible fix. The bad: pretty silly to have to do this on every launch. Will try other Macs, but I think this is true for the Mac version in general, and is new from the recent patch. Have played the game for years on Macs, and this is recent.

2 Likes

Can confirm other posters’ notes about it working better in Caldeum, so it is based on more than being slow on every re-launch. In all cases, the workaround above seems to do the trick, though. Definitely feels like a Mac client bug, especially given different graphics cards, etc.

1 Like