Lag spikes season 23

Its wizard using the meta build with CoE and mirror image. It’s so bad I die in high grs because it will freeze for a good 10 seconds sometime. And single player even trying to pause will activate my fb but if it’s multiplayer I just die. Everyone lags around me. It’s the worst. Best build is super buggy.

It looked to be a sound issue - I decreased my sound quality to 16 bit. The game is mega smooth now, and only freeze a fraction of the time. Give it a try, might help you too, also the easiest thing to try! <3

1 Like

I can confirm this. Lowered sound channels to 32 and it’s much better. Still not perfect tho.

I changed the sound channels and even tried to do the fix wudijo suggested - nothing works really, cant see a difference that makes it playable for me. Yesterday it was just the wizard i had problems with - today its with the barb and the DH too. We have to wait for a fix from blizzards end.

Even with Wudijo’s “fix” the game lags like sh!t. Blizzard has to fix that crap!

In case this is the same issue, check my post here

14 days and as usual not a peep from the blues, what a cracking job you guys dont do.

1 Like

im pretty stoked to play this season , but this problem just makes that not possible… whats happening blizz?

1 Like

Hi,

since the update the game make no more fun, before i have some times some lags but now i have 5000ms all frezze and min. 4 lags in a GR.
Normal my Helios 300 have more then engugh power for Dia 3 with a 100 MB lan connection. so What the hell you have fix in the Update only bugs for the Nintedo version, guys you broke this game massive, UNPLAYABLE ! VERY THANKS Blizzard, it relly sucks and im very frustrated ! i guess i speak for every one when i see here in 1 day close 100 gamer that say the same like me, FIX THAT, for what we pay you ? or i go to Path of Exile 2 and dont buy me Diablo 2 and 4 !! HONESTLY this is absolut not serius !!

Hi Blizzard

I have applied the fix to this promoted by the streamers and it works to run a hacked dll that disables all sound in game.

You know the problem, you know where you can fix it - is there somewhere you have officially stated when you will be looking at this?

Personally i miss a bit of sound, especially for goblin packs in the leveling process.

I think the community would appreciate some openness on this as it is accelerating the urge to switch games.

/Henrik

2 Likes

Is there any word or any recent hack fix? cause i feel like ive tried em all 10 times and its no diffrence, lost another char today to a 30 second freeze. Whats happening?! hello?

3 Likes

I can confirm on 3 separate PC’s

Reset In-Game Options fixes everything

Didn’t have to run Audio Low(16), 64 to 32 bit did not work, lowering cores in task manager did not work.

I have a 100/1 network, all other games run fine.

1 Like

Have sound at low (16 channels) and off. Reset game settings. Game still freezes up to 10 seconds.

1 Like

Well…so many lags that’s it’s unplayable…last time for me…playing from the beginning on D3 but this time it’s too much…i delete this game and all Blizzard game forever…Cheers

You can change the file as per below link, you lose all sound but game will run sweet. This file needs replacing most reboots. But worth it to play higher gr’s with no issues

[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds - #14 by foureight84-1430 - Technical Support - Diablo 3 Forums

Hey, all this is fine. We got lag but i would like to know why. What have changed since the lag free s 21?
What have they done to the game that made this happening?
Are the numbers to big, reduce them.
Old sound file, replace it.
Skill from wiz, adjust them.
Item changes, rework them
All of this is Blizzard work to do and i really hope they are working on them.
And Blizzard, dont blame your costumers, its just rude. My rig handles most games without any stress and i invested in a 1000/1000 line to play games, so has many other out there. Some may have line issues but not the numbers we are talking about here.
That said, i have played blizz games for 20+ years and i am a happy customer but this needs a fix.
Best wishes from Roger.

1 Like

It’s like a private server:

• grab files from that game
  • NEVER PATCH !

Now set server to another location ???

Unplayable for a fully paid game…

1 Like

Been testing this for the evening and no issue with game and I get to keep sound!

But it doesn’t keep from crashing, unfortunately.

• I was playing D3 and crashed.
  • Reentering D3 it says that i was still playing.
    Ded.

Same! I have RTX 2070 with i9 9900k. Huge lagg when wizard in party.