Error 1016 when idle for a short while

Hello,

If you have Radeon software check the AMDs Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) setting and turn it off.

Also disabling Chroma (Razer Synapse) can fix the issue, in some cases, it suffices to delete the “Diablo III Profile” in Razer Chroma Connect.

There is also another player who fixed with a different solution if you wish to try it here

AMD RIS has nothing do with losing connection (error 1016). I’ts turned off by default and there is still error 1016. Off or on doesn’t matter, I can play on America region without error 1016 and with worse latency’s, but on EU region I can’t play normally. Don’t have any Razer hardware or software connected or installed on PC.

i also tried to reinstall diablo, but i still have error,the fact that i can play in america and asia without errors could mean a eu servers problem?
i’ve found this video on you tube and is exactly the error i have

I don’t think, that this is issue of my Comp, because I have Nvidia graphic card and nothing from Razer. I ask clear: why is working diablo 3 on Americas server witout any problem and on the Europe servers I have still problems with error 1016, today after 3 minutes

1 Like

I talking the tech issues helpers,but seems they need tons of information and thats going to nowhere. Seems this season i should start in the Usa :slight_smile:

So?nobody has a solution for this?it’s a shame i cant play in america or asia too much latency :confused:

Well, your network trace showed packet loss at hop 2, i.e. your local router. The suggestion was to power cycle the router. Have you done so? Have you considered providing a new WinMTR trace taken at the time you’re having the disconnection issues?

i’ve done the power cycle i’ve run the mtr and the result was the same,i’ve tried all the troubleshooting suggested in blizzard but nothing,i just don’t understand why in other servers the error doesn’t show up i’ve also tried a vpn and the error doesn’t show up,and for the records i didn’t change isp and i never saw this problem during the season,so i don’t really know whats going on

So…

Connecting to EU without VPN, you have a problem.
Connecting to EU using a VPN, you don’t have a problem.

That absolutely means it’s a routing issue, as the route your traffic is taking is different when you start off in the spoofed start location versus your actual location.

Could you do two WinMTR traces maybe, one using VPN, one without?

1 Like

yes.i can try,but i don’t have vpn at the moment was a free trial,but when i can i’ll try

I tried, to change setting of my router, still problems. I have installed VPN, error 1016 after 5 minutes of playing. I have tried every advice and still can’t play.

ok i’ve tried to do the test with vpn
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| No response from host - 100 | 49 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| 196.53.10.169 - 9 | 162 | 149 | 0 | 585 | 4459 | 1383 |

|____________|||||||

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

i still loosing packets but no error 1016 without vpn i can’t even log in.
thanks for the help :slight_smile:

There were 9% data packet lost at hop 2 which is the gateway of your ISP (Maxihost), I believe. The ping time were very high too (average 585ms !!!).

You should contact your ISP to investigate and resolve the problem.

According to http://whois.domaintools.com/196.53.10.169 belongs to an American ISP. Are you playing from the US but on the EU servers?

no i’m playing in eu to eu this was the vpn ip i can use only american servers with this vpn cause is free, but i can’t choose the place where connect.

edit: i saw now in twitter blizzard cs_eu that they are investigating https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN so i guess i just need to wait. thank you all for help!

Yesterday after 5-10 minutes i got this error 1016 and got kicked out and now I cant even log in in game it kicks me with error 1016. Gaming in other multyplayer games are just fine even with new peo sesson is working fine just with d3 I get this stupid error everytime. Im in EU btw.

I got same problem, didnt had issues in any other season, now, i got error 1016 constantly, when i try to log, several times, just after logging, randomly during the game, new season is unplayable for me thanks to that, and as people above, i did not chnaged my conection and got latest drivers.

never had problems with any errors, always could play freely …

since yesterday, i dont even count … its so often its … well, words are useless

also … i am having rollbacks quite often … like 3 seconds …
playing crus, charging in on steed and when it runs out, i am teleported back where i started …
this also never happened …

i know you are not gonna do a thing about it … but i feel like i have to tell you, you did a very bad job

1 Like

Same story here. Started to get frequent 1016 errors during last couple of weeks. Before that, never. Now I can play something between 0 to 10 mins until game kicks me out with some variant of 1016 code.
I’ve tried all the basic recommended “tricks”. I have tried two different ISPs even, and no difference.
I’m starting to feel that there must be something that has changed in the game or servers after some recent update.
I’m getting pretty fustrated at this point…

Same for me, I have tried all advices, which I have found and Also I have reinstall PC, but 2-5 minutes and error 1016 will stop D3. It is possible to contact anyone responsible, who is able to do any change, so we are able to play?