Error code 316002

Hello everybody.
I’ve got a problem about caracter names.
It says; “this name contains restricted or inappropriate words.” when i try to create a new caracter. I tried the use my name or surname even randomly pressed key combination on the keyboard but nothings happened.
the interesting thing is all the character names I’ve tried as a seasonal hero works. Btw i read the policy. Thank you

15 Likes

Just reported the same myself, all character creation attempts for me - HC and Seasonal - are being blocked. Reports of it on the US side too. HC is not forgiving, you need to be able to create a character. This is a really, REALLY stupid bug.

HC alt died, went to recreate - got this.

2 Likes

I get the same, Did my name, “Chris” and “Joe” - I’m Playing from the EU region.

The code: " This came contains restricted or inappropriate words (Code 316002) "

Help us pls Blizzard!

3 Likes

Same problem here, plz help us blizzard now

2 Likes

Cant wait to uninstal all of Blizz games in just one day.

1 Like

Same here just installed game to have a good night and cant create any character (Normal/ses/hardcore)

1 Like

HEY GUYS It’s over 1 hour and finally!

Still no ducking respond from blizz support right? I just wasted my time for downloading… This is really sad

1 Like

Fortunate i have a character already…

We found more issue, even in game all my sets in Armory i overrite changes name to " — " so its i general all name giving issue in Diablo III

Hope the fix bug soon!

You can’t rename your builds in the armory either. I just got a name “—” instead of my desired “bounties”.

Patched game, but they broke other stuff. GGs

Have same problem here

same problem for me very annoying

I have the same problem, Error code 316002 is preventing me from making a new seasonal character, even using mundane names like Tom, Sarah or Mark.

same. nothing works.

Same. Nothing works as a name.

Same problem here. Seems a new bug in the new patch.

Same Problem here. buy the game and cant create character

Same error… just bought the game and cant create a single character… wtf Blizzard

same can’t create a character

same problem this is a bad

Same problem in EU !