Lag spikes season 23

10 second spikes here, twice in a rift, double procced, my barb is on HC, got 7 friends on the game atm, and none of can play due to these lagspikes. same exact spike that happened when area damage was messed up.

Horribly choppy game with my wizard but no problem on other characters. It also started just a day ago so i’m thinking this is some weird server issue since i didn’t have problems like these at least day or two ago.

Ok someone here(?) said this could be sound related and even though it sounded strange but after disabling the sounds i could hop around with my wizard among all the demons i could find without any issues. So now that you have the issue pinned down i would expect this get fixed within days at least!

1 Like

While we wait for the fix i suggest setting your sound related settings to the minimum and that seems to let you play at least with far less of the problem. Sucks to cripple your cool surround systems but at least you can play until they fix it.

same stuff here with crusader. dont know why but after i died in the lag spike the game is complete normal again. who knows maybe some sets have these issues

I’ve been lagging so badly and disconnecting, i can’t even finish bounties because of reset progress! Why can’t we play single player games offline already?? I get that D3 is an old game, but if Blizzard can’t even resolve this simple issue, what does that say about future server issues with other games? Not a whole lot of confidence there anymore.

Also been having some insane lag spikes since yesterday, thought it was my PC so checked everything, reinstalled etc etc and nothing changed. Then read this and removing the sound did help… some. Not completely, ran a GR110 with no stutter until the end when I got a 10 sec freeze and died… lovely. So definetly some sound issue seeing as I had constant stutter earlier with sound and low settings. Put up settings and removed sound, barely anything.

Never had issues until now with D3 in such a way. Like some say also seeing there’s always a Wizard in groups it might be the clones/mirror images etc causing it together with the sound issue. Makes it very annoying and unenjoyable to play atm tho sadly. Please fix Blizzard.

EDIT: Also why *** is the ping always 300+ on any pug group one join? Most the time it’s even higher of late like 500+, almost like we all play on US servers only. Like jeez.

Same problem here… unbelievable. I will never recommend blizzard games again.

I get bad lag spikes when playing my Necro Rathma - all those pets on the screen probably interfere with something. It’s fine solo (yet still not smooth like my usual D3 experience) - Online play with others just running regular rifts it is almost unplayable with lag spikes. I am running rtx 2060, 16gb 3600mhz, i5 10600K @ 4.1ghz.

I Don’t think blizzard will answer us now. They know they are at fault for a game we already paid for. It is really ashamed that we need to play a game without sound that we paid for and this problem is coming for how many seasons now. why release a new season if the old bugs aren’t fixed yet. Now we have to play around all these issues which this company is well aware off for the game we ALREADY paid for.

Best is that no support or GM has gotten back to us. Can’t even log in properly or look at the rest of my chars…

What is going on Blizzard?

Today I thought I’d finally play the Necromancer class in D3 but decided to try the game before rushing to buy the expansion. Just to make sure it’s still fun and all. Am I glad I did this… the lag spikes are unbearable, even in solo play

yesterday or today at 3 a.m. i played with 3 Firebirds and one zDH and we had ZERO troubles (129 Grift). today 6 p.m. its unplayable even with just 1 Firebird. and this should be the Firebird Patch, i mean are you joking Blizzard ?

Please blame us again, about our Computer or Internet Connection. before fixing your problem with DirectX and maybe Netcode. Its already 2021… ridiculous

" PinkPrincess

1 post

4d

Just died on what I thought was a crash. ctrl alt del couldn’t do anything, alt+F4 either:

• Stuttering sound during the whole cutscene where you first see Adria. And then after the cutscene ends, grey screen, freeze, I tried alt+f4, ctrl+alt+delete but still grey screen, after a while the game continued as normal but with time skipped (I was dead, but could not see what happened between the cutscene and my death)."

This would be funny if you dont play on HC , had this couple times already - waiting for next.

Since we have payed for the game , are we required to get some sort service (since this has been in here for over 10 years)

Its wizard using the meta build with CoE and mirror image. It’s so bad I die in high grs because it will freeze for a good 10 seconds sometime. And single player even trying to pause will activate my fb but if it’s multiplayer I just die. Everyone lags around me. It’s the worst. Best build is super buggy.

It looked to be a sound issue - I decreased my sound quality to 16 bit. The game is mega smooth now, and only freeze a fraction of the time. Give it a try, might help you too, also the easiest thing to try! <3

1 Like

I can confirm this. Lowered sound channels to 32 and it’s much better. Still not perfect tho.

I changed the sound channels and even tried to do the fix wudijo suggested - nothing works really, cant see a difference that makes it playable for me. Yesterday it was just the wizard i had problems with - today its with the barb and the DH too. We have to wait for a fix from blizzards end.

Even with Wudijo’s “fix” the game lags like sh!t. Blizzard has to fix that crap!

In case this is the same issue, check my post here