Lag spikes season 23

I just did the fmodex64.dll “fix” and now i can play in High settings with no lags…
Counterpart is that now i have to play without sounds…

frezzes are big problem, a 10 - 15 seconds freeze just killed me in a grift.
These lines showed as problem to it:
|2021.04.06 23:48:18.012664500|FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms|
|2021.04.06 23:48:21.119254400|FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms|
|2021.04.06 23:48:24.234186700|FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms|

LAg here as well. Seems like is better when i lower sound quality to LOWEST - sound channels to 16. I have top PC. Hardware its not an issue. FPS on 64 sound channels drops to 65. 16 sound channels 150-160… Seems its sound related at least for me. Playing DH

Confirming that lowering the sound channels from 128/64 to 32bit is a “fix”. Game doesn’t sound as nice but i’ll deal with that over the constant lag spikes.

1 Like

I just started having major problems with this game randomly freezing. Sounds is disabled, im doing nothing in town and its still just randomly hanging up for 4-5 seconds.

Blizzard I was having fun playing and now the game is unplayable

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m also experiencing absolutely terrible lag spikes today, with or without VPN, with sound completely disabled, no FMOD erros in debug log, with or without Area Damage procs, in GR or normal T16 rifts, sometimes even just standing in town. High GRs are especially unplayable.
Abilities not activating or activating with severe delays, character and enemies jumping all over… it’s just really scary to play on HC right now. Thank god I’m playing Justice monk this season, otherwise I’d be already dead 100%.
Sigh. Just fix your game, will you please?

The dll fix doesn’t work anymore for me since today’s game update… back to lag spikes and an average 2000ms ping… what’s going on seriously??

Reset In-game options helped for me. From battle.net app. :slight_smile: Had a lot of freez, and inventory & items icon lags on rift and town. Not anymore.

1 Like

I also had problems with stuttering and freezes and lag, inventory and play.
I waited an hour and then saw the post above me about resetting settings from the blizzard app, and it worked.
So either that or the servers were restarted or fixed.

2 Likes

Would be nicem if more ppl can confirm this. so now its u and me, thats worked.

Same here. Constant latency spikes up to 1500. Lowered the sound to 16.

the issue is the new app starting with 2.6.10 and now the version 2.7… i expend the whole day trouble shutting with blizzard why my game crash all time with the modem disconnection… at first they told me is my computer and after a clean install of the OS with only diablo game they start saying was my internet provider now for the 4 time he check again and not issue… i play start craft, wwo, play station 4, and POE with not issues and no lag but i soon i play diablo i get lag with crash of the game… blizz want us to buy the new game but with all issues they have i willl stay out of the new diablo,

1 Like

Got the same problem all of my friends to! Blizz servers is the problem. Jeeses been like this for the last 3 sessions. Fix your servers!!! jesses !!! ruins the whole experience here!!!

1 Like

There is definitely lag with Wizard Firebird Mirror Images. I have been getting massive lag spike with my friend who is running a Wiz right now. I notice though the mirror images down shade out like all other pets / minions. So seems like there may be a deep rooted issue with how they are handled that could be causing the lag.

I have lags since this season too but i found something that might help but its a anyoing solution. You need to scan and repair diablo 3 everytime you start your pc new. This solution works for me and after the scan no lags at all unless i start my pc new then it starts again. I dont really know why that works since nothing is getting repaired or redownloaded but it does.
Oh and yeah the game is hard laging if u have aoe skilled on your paragons on wizard with a lot of mobs inside your attacks it helps abit.

Just died on what I thought was a crash. ctrl alt del couldn’t do anything, alt+F4 either:

• Stuttering sound during the whole cutscene where you first see Adria. And then after the cutscene ends, grey screen, freeze, I tried alt+f4, ctrl+alt+delete but still grey screen, after a while the game continued as normal but with time skipped (I was dead, but could not see what happened between the cutscene and my death).

Have those game freezes randomly also; I can’t figure out a pattern around stages, enemies, or spells, beside the fact that I play monk.
I lost my first HC character because of that. But I understood a thing :

• When appening, the game freezes, and if I keep clicking on my mouse, I have a windows 10 message “this application doesn’t respond, what do you want to do ?”
  • If I click on “quit”, then the game in the background keep running until I disconnect. So that’s how I dead in the first place, my characters couldn’t stand the damages before dc.
  • If I click on “wait” or if I don’t keep clicking and wait for the freeze to end, it seems that I am on the exact same situation than before the freeze; no more damages, no more/less monsters, no death, …

This + the fact I have fiber, make me feel it’s about the PC client, nothing connection related.

please fix mirror image now!

In season with a crusader and the game is near impossible to play, latency lags are getting stupid. Rifts of any type are unplayable and forever freezing, then I get the old error 1016 code after its booted my out of my game. And it sure as hell ain’t a problem with my pc or connection, as I can spend hours on cyberpunk 2077 with the graphics cranked right up. It’s getting to the point where I’m considering calling this season (at least) a wright off

1 Like

120+ rifts are unplayable for us. we have 0 area damage. shame on you blizzard, you are a multibillion company and can’t fix this for years and claiming us to do a dx log or anything else. this is clearly your fault. the stuttering happens as soon as we see 30+ mobs.

and we do not have it “sometimes” , WE HAVE IT FKN ALL THE TIME!

wtf - fix it!

6 Likes