Many Puzzle Rings - Anyone want lots of Vault runs?

So, I collected quite a few Puzzle Rings during Season 20 which transferred over to my non-seasonal Stash last night with the end of the season. Today, just out of interest, I decided to team up with a friend and do some Vault runs to see how much gold I could earn. They were in standard kill gear, I was in my full +GoldFind gear (maximum gold find on every single gear piece) and selected the Broken Crown in the Cube’s armour slot for extra gems.

Here’s the before…

Here’s the after…

As you’ll see, I’ve still got over 40 rings left. Would anyone else like to do the rest with me? (You have to be capable of killing stuff whilst I just stand around in my GoldFind gear).

250.000.000.000 :smiley:

show off :smiley:

I am trying to use up my gold and still over 53 billions left. I have done about 400+ keys now down to only 9 left. Took about a month and like 5 billions used up. That’s including crafting some gems, GR90-100, re-rolling stuff. And a few vaults run in between. So how do I get rid of the bunch of gold sitting there and doing nothing. I assume I have to do over 120 GR to get rid of them. Gold is useless unless for those who only care about high GR pushing.

1 Like

Empower higher level GRs for the extra gem roll it gives you at the end.
Cost to empower GR100 = 82,000,000 gold
Cost to empower GR110 = 111,000,000 gold
Cost to empower GR120 = 149,000,000 gold
Cost to empower GR125 = 173,000,000 gold

I’ve been running GR125 to get some gems ready for Caldesann’s Despair augmenting, e.g. if I actually enjoy the new DH set that’s getting patched in today. You get around a third of the empowering cost back as the gold reward at the end but, even so, that means each run has a net cost of around 115 million gold. As a result of those runs, I’m already 5 billion gold down from the amount shown in the screenshots above.

Try re-rolling an affix that is really heavily weighted against at the Mystic and see how rapidly expensive each roll becomes. I have a Pig Sticker on my Invoker Crusader, which has had the elemental damage rolled off for IAS instead. Now, elemental damage is incredibly heavily weighted, as no-one wants this rolled off unless they’re using a support or a thorns build, so it’s tough to get anything else. I have 6% IAS on the dagger, but ideally I’d want 7% IAS. I’ve re-rolled this so often that each roll now costs around 70 million gold a time.

It’s not that hard if you play every season. Maybe you also would like to know that gems only stack in sets of 5000 :wink:

70 mills, wow you spent that much gold for just 1 extra %. As soon as when my stuff hit about 5 mill, I stop and give up. Usually i get lucky on those for some reason and get what I want in about 10 to 30 rolls. Maybe after getting new 2 sets and putting gems in some of my gears, I will start doing high GR again depend on the party. At the moment, it takes more than 12 minutes of GR, I get fed up and quit without even bother to complete it. Right now, I am starting to feel like I have enough with this game. The only reason keeping me is new patch and some social with my mates.

Yes, because of FPA breakpoints, the extra 1% can mean a massive damage increase and on an Invoker your damage output is very much dependant upon how often you can apply your thorns value into the mobs, so IAS is an essential affix.

1 Like

… going 1% up from 6% to 7% is probably also much more beneficial than going 1% up from something like 99% to 100% crit damage on an amulet.

already knew that ofc :smiley:

(Edit. Post no longer relevant thx to moderators) :+1:

As no-one’s actually responded asking to join me in doing 40 Vaults, not many it seems. I guess I’ll just shout out in General Chat in-game and see if I get more interest there.

ofc noone gona join you gold farm is lame and useless
blizzard need to rework gold in this game

I looked at your armoury page. Of your heroes that actually had legendary gems equipped, the highest was a single 103, but most of them were in the 80-95 range. Most of your heroes have zero Caldesann’s Despair augments applied to their gear.

So, of course you think gold is useless, because you’re not levelling up lots of gems to apply high level Caldessan’s Despair augments to your heroes and/or their main gems used in their builds. Rest assured, if you were empowering GR125s you’d soon realise why some of us actually need gold.

Go ahead and post a screenshot of your gold total so we can see how much of this useless resource you’ve built up, having nothing to spend it on…

you loock me armory big deal
what rly give you the gold in this game what???
only 1 extra lvl for gems
reper
and transmog
omgggg
farming gold is op

You only think it’s useless because you’re not using it.

for what to use it???

I refer you back to post 4 of the thread.

@Meteor - did You have any help on those rings?

I’ve still got over 40 of them sat in the stash if you want some Vaults.

On SC or HC ? Can do both… I dont have any need for either but can come for ‘aid’ if needed…

edit:
Ad me or ping - I’ll go and play in GR’s for now…