My first hero with 13/13 primals

You absolutely claimed it to be 100% solo.

You claimed to have played a season 100% solo.
We showed you’d been carried in group GR85s.
So, the claim you made was false, i.e. you lied.

Which is exactly what you claimed in your brag thread, and we showed that you’d been carried through GR85s by members of the Community you’d joined, i.e. you claimed 100% from start to end of the season, whilst having been part of group GRs that were responsible for roughly one third of your season’s total XP gained.

1 Like

Now I sit and wonder… Does Prometheus not know that you can start in adventure mode in season? Or does he think that it’s unethical and against the spirit of the game? Or is it one of his self made rules that must be adhered to?
One thing I know is that Meteorblade is usually kind, well-meaning and helpful and never unduly beliggerent.

1 Like

Very well, then, do both yourselves a favor and purchase a whole new copy of Diablo III and the Reaper of Souls Expansion. Sign in with a completely new and unused Blizzard account, then play the game for the first time ever. You cannot access Adventure Mode until you’ve completed Act V in Campaign Mode at least once.

It is exactly this requirement that I adhered to, which is indeed in the spirit of the game. It is truly unfortunate that Adventure Mode, once unlocked, remains so on an account wide basis even across seasons.

Show me where I said 100% solo. I may have reached a solo milestone, but I genuinely do not recall mentioning it to be 100 pure solo.

You call me a liar? I call you one also. This very thread is in and of itself a lie. You claim to be able to level a new hero within a few minutes. Yet you go on to openly display Primal Items that could only have had their level requirements brought down to Level 1 by other characters, which themselves had help in group play.

We’re not talking about then. We’re talking about now.

Yet you still stubbornly avoid the issue of my challenge to you of completing a new Season purely solo with a single hero only.

While I may not have the ability to upload constant videos, I shall endeavor to do what I can via documenting every level-up and every shift in paragon gain via screenshots and strict documentation of in-game stats. My results will be uploaded on a daily basis to a shared folder on Google Drive (to avoid previous claims by you that my OneDrive is not accessible by you without a password).

Everything is already setup. I’m only waiting for Season 22 to start.

No it is not the spirit of the game. Starting in adventure mode in season is officially approved by Blizzard. Again you choose to make your own, obscure, rules.
I’m sure the old thread can be found again so we can see the exact words. Even so, discussions with you most often end up being aggressive and beliggerent because you have a hard time seing other people’s points and admit possible mistakes.
(I may seem beliggerent too but i always admit mistakes and I try to understand other people’s points).

1 Like

It looks nice, but it is non season and how many times do you need to powerlevel yourself in Non Season? I did something like this for my NS HC characters, because there it makes a little more sense.
If we would calculate the time it will take to make the gem to wear it from level1 for each item, 13x gem level25, then we would need to know average time by cube to reroll each item so many times, that it gets primal to calculate the quantity of mats it will have taken you to do so, I guess it will be enormous.
In fact I power level each season one character myself, but just with lev25 gem for the weapon to use with level1 and one fat ruby for my small cains set. Maybe it will take me twice your time to get to 70 but, I did not need the time for your preparations before, so i guess i am faster - man am i good^^

back to topic you did it, great^^

1 Like

Gannicus. You must have misunderstood Meteor’s opening post. It’s just for the fun of showing what you can do with various primals that you have found and kept through many, many seasons.

No need to purchase a completely new copy of Diablo III for this. The three regions (Americas, EU and Asia) are all completely separate, i.e. progress in each region is completely separate from the other regions. With that in mind, take a quick look at my Americas region armoury career page…

https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/profile/Meteorblade-2266/career

As you’ll see, the only hero I have in that region is a level 1 Barbarian called “IPlayOnEU” and she accounts for 100% of my play-time in that region. You’ll also notice that not only have I never killed any of the act bosses, I’ve never killed a single mob in the region, i.e. according to you, it’s impossible for me to start a seasonal hero in Adventure Mode because I’ve clearly never completed the Campaign Mode. Okay, so…

Here’s the Barb at the Hero selection screen, showing she’s the only hero…

Okay, so what happens if I go into Game Settings on her…

Flawless victory for Prometheus, right? Well, not quite. I then created a new, seasonal hero called “TwentyOne”…

Accepting the Seasonal blurb…

Now, clicking on Game Settings on her, you’ll see Adventure Mode is unlocked…

As I just proved, it’s available for seasonal heroes regardless of whether you’ve unlocked it or not for your non-seasonal heroes.

Oh, by the way, there’s actually an extra screen involved the very first time you make a seasonal hero in a region where you’ve not unlocked Adventure Mode in non-seasonal. Would you like to see it? Of course you would. I did this set on the Asia servers. Here’s my Asia region armoury career page…

https://kr.diablo3.com/en-us/profile/Meteorblade-2266/career

Just as on the Americas, you’ll see that the only hero I have in that region is a level 1 Barbarian called “IPlayOnEU” and she accounts for 100% of my play-time in that region. You’ll also notice that not only have I never killed any of the act bosses, I’ve never killed a single mob in the region. So, with that in mind…

Here’s my Asia region non-seasonal Barb…

And Adventure Mode is inaccessible…

I create a new seasonal DH…

Seasonal blurb…

It even prompts me to ask whether I want to play Campaign or Adventure…

After I’ve selected Adventure, here’s my DH. Notice the game type says Adventure / Bounties & Exploration, i.e. not Campaign Mode…

And here’s her Game Selection screen, showing Adventure Mode unlocked…

So, you’re just plain wrong.

1 Like

You might find this useful in your endeavours. It describes a Season 22 specific method to solo level 1-70 in 1.5 to 2 hours, using shrines and Shadow Clones…

Shrine locations by Act…

1 Like

You should/could make a new topic with these helpful links.

Which is why precisely why I’ll be documenting my Season 22 game so thoroughly. To avoid the trap into which I fell back then, which was to reach a personal solo season best with the help of group boosting, which was at the time not my intention.

I really do not understand why You, Meteoblade, and others reap the benefits of group play in order to achieve solo goals (personal or otherwise), but then frown upon casual players such as myself who do the same? Is it because I choose to not follow your rules, or have a missed something?

I post a “Look at me” thread, and get branded a liar. Which is fine, really, because it doesn’t affect the way I play the game. But when Meteroblade does the same, then he’s lauded as a hero.

Do you see the imbalance in standards?

I stand corrected.

But I deemed it to be unfortunate that Adventure Mode is automatically unlocked in a new Season if you have already opened it in non-Season. Isn’t season supposed to be about starting from scratch?

So, in the strictest sense, when starting a new Season, the first hero you create isn’t really starting from new, is it? Yes, you start with no experience and no items, but you do start with with the advantage of Adventure Mode Bounties & Nephalem Rifts being available to you without having to earn them first.

You missed my point.

When it was introduced with the Reaper of Souls expansion, Adventure Mode could only be unlocked by first completing all of Act V. From there it was available account wide to all heroes.

Why should it not be the same for Seasons? I make a point of it to complete Acts 1 through V in Campaign Mode first before switching to Adventure Mode each time I begin a new Season. Because that’s how Adventure Mode originally worked when first introduced.

EDIT:
It’s very curious indeed that your Public Profile, on both EU and US servers are hidden:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1i2vjcmwP0kmBxk_aim0v5-UdAlNgyG7C?usp=sharing

I guess I’ll have to take your word for it then … :wink:

So when I benefit from the gains of previous seasons, whether by solo or group play, then it’s frowned upon? But when you or Meteroblade do it, it is applauded and called fun?

If you could only hear yourselves!

Playing through campaign in season is stupid (not saying that you are stupid of course)! There is no cube, no obelisk (for rifts and greater rifts) and no bounties. The season theme works but without being able to do the stuff you can do in adventure mode you won’t benefit much from the theme… and you can’t get the rewards from doing the season journey either. So season is officially connected to season journey (which is in adventure mode). The only reason to play a tiny bit of campaign in season would be to get Leoric’s Crown when leveling up from 1 to 70 the first time.
Again, you seem to live in a universe of your own, sadly.

The old forum is gone so we’ll never find out what precisely was said and claimed and what caused the harsh arguments. All I can say is that I’ve never seen people being attacked just for announcing some solo best clears unless there were some other details in their claims that were frowned upon and asked about.
Meteorblade has already said what the discussion was about at that time. And he’s right - as he usually is (sometimes irritatingly right!). He has actually made a few posts with mistakes in them but always “admitted” if he was wrong or mistaken.

I don’t care if you level 1-70 in Campaign Mode, Adventure Mode or a mixture of both.
I don’t care if you make use of a Challenge Rift reward cache at the start of the season or not.
I don’t care if you play completely solo, solo self-found, some groups (e.g. public split bounties), speed groups, META groups.

In your brag thread you claimed to have played the entire season 100% solo. We showed screenshots of your profile for that season showing 3-man and 4-man GRs, at levels 20 GRs higher than you’d managed to clear solo. The reason you were branded a liar is because you lied.

Yes.
When I claim something, I can generally back it up.
When you claim something, we frequently disprove it.

Because Blizzard decided that seasonal heroes can go straight into Adventure Mode and that’s because the vast majority of the Season Journey tasks can only be completed in Adventure Mode. Heck, the first four chapters include things completion of bounty acts and running a GR20 solo. How would you do those in Campaign Mode?

That’s due to the lack of granularity of what the forums do and do not allow me to grant access to / restrict access to. For example, I couldn’t care less if people want to look at my heroes in any region, and I often provide links to them. Heck, I’ve provided links to two of the regions in this very thread but here you go…

EU - https://eu.diablo3.com/en-us/profile/Meteorblade-2266/career
US - https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/profile/Meteorblade-2266/career
Asia - https://kr.diablo3.com/en-us/profile/Meteorblade-2266/career

It’s also very simple to search for anyone’s post history. Click the little magnifying glass at the top right of the forum to do a search and enter @BattlenetID as the search term, e.g. for me it’d be @Meteorblade-2266. You can see people’s Battlenet ID by hovering your mouse over their forum name or avatar. But, again, for your convenience, here are my post histories…

EU - Search results for '@Meteorblade-2266 order:latest' - Diablo 3 Forums
US - Search results for '@Meteorblade-2266 order:latest' - Diablo 3 Forums

However, whilst I don’t care about people seeing those (and, indeed, there’s no way of preventing them from being seen) I see no reason why people other than myself have a reason to see how many likes I’ve given / received, days visited, threads / posts read, and so on.

The forums only give me the option of preventing access to all of that, or allowing access to all of that. If the forum permissions were more granular, I’d happily allow public access to post history / armoury profiles, but not my forum summary page(s).

Or you could just use the methods I’ve described above to look at anything you want to about my heroes and post history.

Nope. I’m amazed that anyone would play an entire season entirely solo. For example, it’s incredibly inefficient to farm Bounties solo. In the time you spend farming 25 bounties solo, you could run four split bounty groups, doing 6-7 bounties in each of them, for a similar overall number of bounties done, but gaining four times the materials. I have absolutely no problem with you doing that, using challenge rift mats / gold, levelling in a group, levelling in Adventure Mode, grouping up for rifts, bounties or GRs. Absolutely no problem. At all.

Again, the problem was that you claimed to have done an entire season 100% solo and it was proven with screenshots that you had not. The issue isn’t the way you did / did not play, it was with making a false claim.

Bells and Whistles tend to distract from the realisation of what games are not doing very well.

Yes but when i am boosting someone i do not get that much benefit. I am the one that boosts, not the other way around. I 've never got boosted in all the years i play. Not that i find it wrong or anything like that, i just like leveling up my characters at my own pace. So yeah, for 7 seasons i do things completely solo. I have never even done a 2 - man push. Bounties are another thing, doing bounties with others are not enough to label you a group player, although i admit it is technically grouping. When i decide to spend the next few days doing bounties, that is at least 2 months into the season where every achievement of the seasonal journey has long been achieved and my characters are 90% min - maxed (for my standards) and it is usually when i am already very well geared and i search for a primal weapon or a perfect amulet or something like that.

PS. sorry for the off-topic derailment

And there we come to the crux of this particular argument. Everyone is in a hurry.

Have you ever heard the phrase quote from the movie “Ferris Buellers Day Off” ?: “Live moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around in a while, you could miss it!”

That is how I play Diablo also. I take my time. Even though I know the game as well as anyone can after 8 years, I still take my time when playing.

When playing GRs, it doesn’t matter to me if I finish with 10 minutes remains or 10 seconds. As long as I finish.

When running Bounties, I essentially “stop and look around” to do as much as I can. The results have always been to my advantage when playing solo. For example, all that time long ago when you claimed I lied about my personal solo best, even though I had done GRs in groups? That wasn’t exactly a lie, as you believe it to be.

Before joining group play, I had already achieved a personal best playing solo (with a Crusader, if memory serves), but ran into the proverbial brick wall regarding items and had become frustrated.

So I joined a few group games to help boost my legendary gems a few levels in the hopes of maybe being able to progress a little more and also to perhaps find better rolled items than the ones I had.

The result was not what I expected. Yes, I was indeed thereafter able to progress a little further in solo play, but not by much. And I also did not find any items of value that could count as suitable replacements for the ones I already had.

It was only when I resumed solo play that I found what I needed to make the character better. And the kicker of the deal is since that whole debacle of you claiming that I lied, I have persistently found better items only in solo play.

I would go so far as to say that solo play has unequivocally been far more beneficial to me than any group game has ever been.

To date, group play has never provided any kind of tangible or memorable gains to my solo Diablo III career. That fiasco (at least, it has since turned into one) of mine that you love rubbing into my face? While true I had then participated in GR groups 20 levels or so higher than I would have done solo, the gains made therein only allowed my solo GR personal best to rise by maybe a handful of levels. How is that any different anyway from you or anyone else starting a Level 1 hero, and then being boosted in a group game to 70 within a few hours?

The principle remains the same. As does what appears to be your double standards. When I do it, it’s frowned upon. When you do so, it’s ok?

My whole last point in this particular post is that to date I have always achieved my best results, and found my best items, in solo play. Other than the social aspect of it, group play holds no real interest or motivation for me.

I never claimed that I completed the season 100% solo. I did, however, say that I had achieved a personal solo best that season. Did I before that have a little help in a group game? Yes, I did, but not much. But as I explained above, those gains where barely noticeable.

Not that it matters much anyway. Those particular achievements have long since fallen to the wayside, as I have subsequently exceeded them by soloing as high as GR110, even if only in off-season.

An achievement that I expect to improve upon in Season 22. Which will be 100% pure solo, from start to finish without the gains of group play or items found and enhanced by secondary Season heroes.

One hero. One Season. No Group Games. I have thrown down the gauntlet. Are you up to the challenge?

Prometheus: logic dictates that if your play time is 99% solo, close to 99% of your items will come from solo play. (Not even mentioning the benefits of doing group bounties).

Tell you what. How about we have a competition in Season 22, where we play completely 100% solo until we’ve achieved these milestones…

1. Get a hero to level 70
  2. Complete Chapters I-IV of the Season Journey
  3. Complete a T16 Nephalem Rift
  4. Complete a GR70 (or higher) solo

The 1-70 levelling can involve any of the following…

1. Use of a Challenge Rift cache
  2. Use of Campaign Mode, Adventure Mode, or both
  3. Any solo levelling method is allowed, e.g. kill streaks, cleaver kills, cursed chests, pylon / shrine / shadow clones, and so on.

My PC’s old enough that I can’t be recording / streaming video with it. Would you consider screenshots every 10 minutes from hero creation until these milestones are achieved as an acceptable level of proof that they have, indeed, been achieved?

1 Like

Don’t forget that sometimes it depends on luck. Talking about what result you will get from spending your first shards or what weapon you get from upgrading a rare, to put in the cube. Necro is a good example here cause all of his 2-handed scythes are very usable for leveling.