Notorious Error 1016, cant play new season

Hello, i got big problem with error 1016, it keep disconnecting me every few minutes, or wont allow me to even log into the game untill i try several times, and even then when i clisk start game button it pops again, or shortly after i log into map. I playes most of previous season didnt had that error once, i did not changed my connection, dont have lags or anything like that in any other blizzard games, its just diablo 3 thats keep kicking me out. Please help.

17 Likes

Hi there, Kornick!

So in order to resolve these, there’s a few steps we can try! First off, please try the guide here:

If that doesn’t work, there’s a few other threads on this subject:

Hopefully these will help!

Yours, Arythwinn

Thanks for fast reply, i tried all the steps above and nothing works for me, cleaning IP and DNS was the best result tho, i had around an hour of uninterrupted gameplay but after that i saw dreadfull error 1016 again, is there anything else i can do?

4 Likes

i am facing same issue.whenever i try to enter a game it says request time out only after 10 or more tries do i get in and even then it gives me error 1016 after couple of minutes even during gameplay i get huge lag spikes like more 3000+ms.i tried cleaning IP and dns , updated my driver but no result.this has been the case since new season but overwatch plays just fine with very good latency that makes me think it is server problem if this continues might quit diablo 3

1 Like

after searching online and changing couple of setting in there was a decrease in these problems but not completely solved setting in device manager network adapter properties advanced

1 Like

what settings did you changed exactly? This error is so damn frustratingi think i will have no other way just to abandon d3.

3 Likes

like … 3-4 weeks now, battlenet and diablo are totally crazy … a second disconnection every now and then. When I was helping my friend finish season 19, one day she couldnt even play … it was like every 5 minutes. Funny thing was, we played in same room, same internet, yet only she was getting the error.
Yesterday when we played, it was me who kept getting the error … not her.
We chat a lot on battlenet and quite often i see “connection lost” and its back on within a second.
Cant say for sure for you, but i know its nothing on our end … so quite a big chance its not on your end too.
I never had much problems, if any, it was once a month or so … but server issues are quite common since release, its way better … well … it was way better until last week … than in release date.
Either its totally random who affects it, or they did something to their servers which causes this error …

Today I was constantly running a program background, checking internet connection … never lost it, yet was disconnected 5 times.
In 8 years of playing, its annoying, but you kinda learn to ignore it … its just how Activision is these days … today I only collect the collectibles and wait for another.

5 Likes

now, when you mention it, i also got frequent battle net app disconnects, it started very recently, after one of app updates, i dont loose my internet conenction yet bnet app every few minutes got dosconencted for literally seconds and then log in again.

1 Like

I can see the same behavior. Often when I got kicked out of Diablo to desktop with 1016, I see battlenet app disconnected and connecting back quickly.
When I try with WoW running in the background and logged in, Diablo gets DC, WoW not.

1 Like

I can confirm that, when bnet app disconnects diablo 3 kicks me, but WoW, or overwatch not.

1 Like

Hello gentlemen/ ladies

I have this exact problem … I have flushed IP/ cleaned pc/ scan repaired game/ uninstalled and installed again / used ethernet cable instead of wifi… and guess what
Still error code 1016 after 2-5 minutes of playing even battle net disconnects
Is there any chance blizz would fix this ? because I do not believe that all of us have internet problems

4 Likes

Same problem guys, but on a Mac. Reinstall, turning IPv6 off, even changing battlenet app to beta version, nothing helps. I guess if it won’t get repaired, I’ll abandon Diablo, cause it’s impossible to play right now. Waiting for solution…

2 Likes

I have the same problem. But the thing is that the new season in PoE started recently too, sooo BYE BYE D3 for now … At least in PoE they do care, they answer and they repair their bugs and issues. They dont ignore their players.

2 Likes

It’s so frustrating… It seems this problem only appears on EU serv, on USA I haven’t noticed that issue…

2 Likes

Same here, had no problem for the entire 19th season , impossible to play the 20th.

2 Likes

Your freaking 1016 error just killed me on HC. WTF is wrong with you blizzard. Fix your stuff ffs.
edit: I am done with that game. fu

2 Likes

Can we get any sort of response from tech support that this issue is being investigated or not? Bnet app disconnect problem is getting worse btw, now even when i download patch from the app, its disconnecting, download is still going on but app is constantly, and i mean constantly, every few seconds, disconnecting…

1 Like

I tried the steps mentioned but I still get kicked out because of this. any news on this?

1 Like

So instead of telling everyone its their internet problem when others don’t have any problems at all maybe do your jobs and figure out whats going on with your game. Since season 20 started i’ve been dc’d every ten minutes for 1-5 mins at a time. making your game unplayable. even though my neighbor whom has the exact same internet that i do doesn’t have a single issue. I’ve already contacted my service provider and its not on their end. Love how blizzard wants to point fingers at your internet instead of investigating their end or even responding to their customers. between bfa being a hot pile of garbage and diablo 3 constantly having issues that arn’t addressed i’m ready to say bye to blizzard for good.

4 Likes

Hello all, because Blizzard is not working, I have tried all advices and still have the error 1016. I have read that when you use VPN, it is working without problem. So I have pay for VPN, set the server and again error 1016, but I have search about the VPN and the change is when you connect VPN thru static IP. Today for first time, from last update, I have played for more than 2 hrs without problem. So try to install VPN, connect wia static IP and try if this can help you. Also Blizzard have to correct the error which we must bypass with VPN.

1 Like