Reguarding error 1016

As blizzard already knows, I have had this problem for weeks/months now and it has driven me insane. So, this past week I have decided to do some testing to see if a theory of mine is working.
What I’ve done is that I have tried the American servers, not ‘1’ error 1016. I then tried the Asia servers with a lagging connection, again not ‘1’ error 1016, heck not even a disconnect.
I live in the UK, the euro servers are the only ones that are experiencing the ‘error 1016’. The testing that I have done has told me and convinced me 100% that this is a blizzard issue and not our issue. No disrespect to Meteorblade or Maskraider who have tried to help everyone out, but this is definitely blizzards problem and not what they think it is.
I would like a member of the blizzard team to respond to this topic and at least acknowledge that this is being looked into.

4 Likes

I’m in the UK and I agree with the above. I’ve re-set everything to recommended network settings and its usually “your client has been disconnected from the server” -though not error 1016 as regularly as it has been over the last week.

…And a massive thanks to Meteorblade and Maskraider - it HAS made a difference

2 Likes

So I take it that nobody replied? My apologies guys for this debacle, but I suggest you start looking for a better platform to play games and stop wasting your time with Blizzard. Talk about War and Money mongers.

It’s possible that UK ISPs (mainly BT Openworld infrastructure) are the cause of the problem as this seems an issue in the UK. Elsewhere it could also be ISP issues. My friendlist in France seem to play the game for the last week with no issues. Not sure about Russia, Germany etc, though no-one I join with in the UK are online this last week.

Hi. I have the same problem / had. I am now using my mobile internet and no more 1016 errors. Mobile base station and everything works perfectly

I am from Bulgaria and also get this error. Blizzard tried to blame it on 1% data lost i had. One guy said before that some servers in europe are broken and he even wrote the ip. But of course blizzard forbid you to check to which server exactly you connect. They will NEVER acknowledge it is their server problem. Never. It is easier to blame it on the users.

No they don’t. Heck, I’ve even posted a guide in the past including screenshots of how to do it using Windows 10’s own inbuilt tools. Here you go…

Instructions for how to see which server your game was hosted on

It’s going to be different for different service providers. It occurred to me, after logging into my ISP, that they announce they are working from home because of COVID. Feedback pages & live chat are normally closed. So maybe technicians are working from home where there we find this 1016 and network disconnection error, simply because the engineers are on furlough

FINALLY!! Lets get some more 1016 comments here! Partition this!!

This is a problem on Blizzard’s side. it is impossible for 200+ ISP companies to go to the gutter just overnight. and i live in SA and i also have tested the other 2 regions… Not 1 disconnect or 1016 error… but i still guess the problem is with us.

It’s hard to say: Both Netflix and Youtube announced they were slowing down in Europe to stop the internet from breaking in Europe. I’m speculating (with no evidence) the ISPs are being very badly affected by COVID in one form or another. Engineer shortages, excessive demand… well, they would never admit it as they like to pretend they are the best providers who can cope with anything. Reality is, they are just as much at the mercy of events as the rest of us. If Blizzard release a new patch that ISP’s could hitherto deal with, it might be that they just aren’t prioritising their own localised fixes at the moment. This sudden spike of 1016 does fall at the same time as a pandemic…

“The changes follow appeals from EU officials for streaming services and individual users to ditch high definition video to prevent the internet from breaking. With so many countries on forced lockdowns to fight the spread of the virus, hundreds of millions working from home and even more children out of school, the officials were concerned about the huge strain on the internet.”

who knows…