Freeze, freeze, freeze crash

So i, like most am having the same issue. This also includes the battle net launcher just randomly DCing and re connecting. From the posts from blizzard technical the are simply blamings the customer for bad internet and claiming all is well.

So am done with this cauldron of cat crap.

The facts of the matter are post S2 launch the game has become highly unstable, constant freezing with inventory opening and loading high play count areas. e.g more than 2 ppl in them such as hell tides. Hell, perhaps there were right and by adding that one extra stash tab its overloaded the games coding.

Anyway. good luck to those you are staying and i hope it improve in the future.

Dude, come to think of it, yeah… you’re right. All the USA players seem to have a better experience. EU servers were the shittiest in D3 as well and still are. We’re not good enough for daddy Blizzard to give a shit I guess.

3 Likes

Same computer…same connection…same hardware…but this time the game works…no interruptions and freezes. So they fixed the game. It only freezes when you exit and re-enter the chest immediately after entering it for the first time. And when the number of other players increases… In this case, they need to admit all these mistakes and apologize properly. Because we couldn’t play the game for days even though we wanted to. And our enthusiasm faded away…

So far no freezing and not lag, but i am away to behind.
Europe servers all ways the same. WE are left behind.
Wow,D2,d3 all ways Europe get Sh%&t.
I hoop they fix that for you all.

1 Like

If you run the game on 32GB of RAM then there are no freezes!!! That’s the problem, I tried on 16gb and on 32gb, there are no friezes on 32gb RAM.

What fixed my problem, instead of updating to the latest, is rolling back my nvidia drivers to August 22nd. Try it.

Openword is uplayable in S2, freezes for minutes, char dies. high ping ingame, minimum ping to ISP. Fix your Servers blizzard.

1 Like

I think it’s because of the processor.
When I’m running libre hardware monitor I can see all my six cores being at 100% when I’m outside.
I would upgrade to six cores twelves threads if I was sure that it would help but I’m not sure now.

Same for me!!!
Every time I open inventory, map, skills… Dc when i teleport, I cannot sprint on the mount, nearly impossible to do helltides, asuming I wanna keep my cinders…
It is just unacceptable Blizzard!!
Originally I thought my pc was too bad, but I have no issues with any other game, and reading that so many ppl have the same issues, does help, knowing I shouldnt buy a new one, Blizzerd needs to fix it!!!

1 Like

post your syayem spec.
D4 need lot of RAM and video memory. try lower a lot your video settings if you do not have at least 16GB of RAM and 12GB video mem.

Come on, just stop it with that. Yes, everybody knows how settings work. This freezing crap is an issue with the game, not everyone’s hardware and it hasn’t always done this. For me it runs at a high framerate and is smooth for the most part, but still pauses sometimes when opening the inventory or the map, often for 20 seconds or more and sometimes the game just crashes instead.

2 Likes

so i did a reinstal on my ssd
freeze still there
sometime it freeze/crash/the game stop responding
all graphic on low
latest driver instaled

nothing on background everything close except discord.
i don’t know what to do anymore.

At least make progression between hardcore and softcore share at least for map progression.
Because atm i just don’t want to do a softcore character because i have to complete the whole map with lilith altar again and i realy don’t want to do that ( also i like hardcore more but that my problem).

1 Like

I’ve noticed this happen to much , teleport to a legion event . open anything game freezes (most times ) never recovers. any area with heavy server side use is the same . never asked for an online game … but we all got one . its not an MMO .

Blizzard gonna do something about it? It so annoying. They should fix this before adding new season and stuff… FFS

rtx 4090, i7 14700k nvme, 32go ddr5 on game not respond and best answer from staff ( check your computer ) season one 0 freeze 0 crash absolutly nothing, season 2 crash, freeze, dead, and freeze for 5minute, coming soon uninstall and never coming back on this shit i wait 30min for boss spawn and freeze need force close and boss is dead, fu**** dev

It is not a question of servers. In USA they have the answer in their forum.

Its a NVIDIA issue.

Downgrade your NVIDIA drivers to August version and you will have no longer problems.

i am playing on m2 ssd with 32GB ram… and freeze… where ? not in the middle of lots of enemies… or dungeon or boss… at the vendor… so the problem is the game. the game must be offline. Incompetence of game manufacturers… hopes are left to Microsoft :crazy_face:

1 Like

Just tested it and it doesnt work and even if it did its still not much of a fix like are we suppose not install new drivers ever again. Would be nice to hear something from blizz given its been 2 weeks and this post has 10x more views then the rest so its clearly not just a few ppl with this issue but its seems that unless it concerns ingame shop or battle pass its not that important.

Nops. You should wait NVIDIA solves his problem in next drivers.

Game suffering from freezes all of the time. Usually when I open GUI windows or when another player gets near me. Sometimes it freezes for a few seconds, sometimes forever. It never crashes and sounds keeps playing just fine.

Right now, the game has been frozen for 5 minutes. Standing in town, tried to open my inventory. Task manager doesn’t consider the app unresponsive. Processor load is fluctuating between 0.3% and 1.5%. No disk activity, but memory usage is at 3.7GB and fluctuating up and down by ~100 MB amounts. The game is definitely still doing something, but nothing I consider useful.

Started happening all the time with the season 2 patch. Unplayable.

Edit: Half an hour later, still frozen. Memory usage is down to a tiny 49MB now. Processor activity has increased slightly. Closing it down now.