Cannot install the game on mac

Hi, I cannot seem to install the game, on my MacBook.

It all started when today’s update hit, the games files were all of a sudden empty. Then I tried reinstalling the game I got the same problem.
after that, I went online to find a solution to the problem.
I read that I should try without my firewall on, so I did that, nothing changed.

I have also tried uninstalling the entire launcher and reinstalling all of it, again nothing changed. And there is no software update for my mac.

Anyone know how to fix this?

3 Likes

Same problem. No fix found yet for me.

What surprises me, is that this seems to affect every version of MacOS. How did you not identify this problem while testing before a deploy? I know Mac users are not your top % gamers, but it’s not like we are running some obscure linux distribution you couldn’t possibly test against. I work in software development and if my team pulled this, it would not fly.

Edit: Yes I know I am being salty and sulky. But we are in lockdown, I need to work and homeschool a kid. Hearthstone is my few minutes of sanity to myself during the evening. I need my fix

1 Like

Me too! Tried scan and repair. Tried to reinstall it and had a clean install. Yet nothing happened. Before the new patch I had no problem. At least I can log in from my mobile.

Same problem here :frowning: :exploding_head: When I hit the play button it loads for a while but Hearthstone isn’t launching, then goes back to “play” No fix or even a word from Blizzard yet? Does not feel good man…

The installation basically “finishes” with an empty /Applications/Hearthstone/Data directory. only one 4 bytes file in /Applications/Hearthstone : Launcher.db

xxd Launcher.db
00000000: 656e 5553 enUS

Once this is created, BattleNet shows the “Play” button instead of “Install” but of course the game does not launch.

Tried multiple things: “Repair”, “Check for updates”, removing the /Applications/Hearthstone folder and reinstalling, nothing helped.

Could not find a logfile, I suspect the download not to work.

Hi all,

Thanks for the reports!

There was indeed an issue for MacOS users around the time of the posts here, though it has since been resolved, so please give it another try now.

For those affected, there should be a pretty large update ready to go.