Cannot Spectate Friend

At the topic name implies, I cannot spectate my friend in Hearthstone.
He’s just doing a Standard Rank battle, but I cannot get the option to watch him.
It only shows the button if I wanted to challenge my friend, but that button is greyed out as well.

My friend tried to invite me to spectate, but he cannot do it either.

We both installed the same update that was released and are on the same versions.

Why can’t we spectate?

Update: We can’t even invite each other for anything! We can’t do Standard, Tavern or Battleground, along with spectating.
The button doesn’t work at all!

I can confirm 100% that we are both using the Same Version, and Same region, as we have done before.

2 Likes

Me tocó i have the same issue and my friend

I have the same issue

Hello there everyone!

Can you double-check that in the Battle.net app, you do not appear as offline, and that you are set to Online? Some extra information can be found in this article here.

1 Like

Hi

have the same problem, cant play against friends, no one appears as offline and have the current update.

I have this issue as well, created a topic specifically for the issue with the Challenges.

Same problem here. Both in PC and android, updated (and reinstalled).

I have had same issue for a while. It shows my friends as online but no spectate button appears as it used to months ago.

And yes, I know, I need more friends …

Bump. I’m having this issue. I posted in technical support but no one answered. I’m not in “appear offline” mode, so I’m not sure why I can’t spectate a friend.

This is such a whacky bug, can’t play together and not even being able to spectate
Really wonder what a fix is… the bug seems really random and sometimes it just fixes itself after a random amount of time.
If you guys find any magic fix, please share the secret!

Given the timing of your message, my bet is on you and your friend being on different versions of the client.
Yesterday a new patch was released. They always release the patch for Windows first; after that it gets gradually pushed out for the many different mobile operating systems. That means that there is a period of time where some people are still playing with the old version, and others are playing with the new version. Those cannot play together or spectate each other, since the same card could have different effects in the two versions.

Almost a year later and this issue still is a thing on the SAME latest update and everything. Can we get a fix already? Or in that case, remove the Spectate a friend quest because it’s obsolete.