Conjurers Calling

Is it just me who thinks that this is almost broken as a twinspell so with the current iteration of mage its quite possible that you will be on the receiving end of 2 x 8/8 on turn 4/5 which seems a little imbalanced or is it all good not to mention that the mage can also receive copies of conjurers to create even more 8/8 and 7/8 taunt.

I feel there needs to be more variation from the Giants and the conjurers calling should only copy what was “paid” for the giant so if you paid 3 mana to play it then you should only get 3 mana minions from Conjurers.

Possible Fixes

1: Increase cost of Conjurers to 6 mana

2: Add more Variation so there is a chance to receive something like a 4 4 or something from the same cost as the giants mana.

3: Conjurers will only Clone minions as the same mana that was paid to play minion

4: Do not make it discoverable through other cards (I feel this would not matter so much if there was at least 1 downside to playing Conjurers)

To get either a guarantee,d 7-8 or 8-8 for 3 mana just feels broken, I remember the screams of omg its the 4 mana 7-7 that shamans could play imagine if that was able to be cloned for 3 mana…

2 Likes

I like number 3, with the only possible issue being that it would be inconsistent with every other effect, so I don’t know if the played mana cost is currently a tracked commodity.

1. If you nerf to 4 mana you kill the deck and it never sees play, let alone 6. I do think it’s currently too strong but this isn’t a solution.

2. Could easy happen from any expansion, so you just have to wait and see if this happens.

1 Like

I hope so as it almost feels like a barnes priest type scenario again. Where if your opponent high rolls they just win its as simple as that.

1 Like

Yeah very true, luckily they fixed him pretty quickly…oh wait :grin:

1 Like

Yes this certainly is a huge exploit that needs patching. Don’t even know how they are able to get this combination of cards appear in their hand so early in the game (mountain giant + mountain giant + conjurers calling + conjurers calling). They just seem to spam it all the time. Sometimes even have khadgar to go with it. Power of creation is also bad.

How they do it? They dont

Well not all the time.

They have a well rounded deck which doesnt screw them over if tgey dont get the giants and have probably a good draw engine

While I like this idea, I’m afraid it won’t happen because Hearthstone is meant to be a crazy game. Also, Conjurer’s Calling is bringing money to Blizzard so they can create more expansions.

Personally I have no issue with this card, purely because the mage decks using this are middle tier 2. If they were top tier 1 with a 60% winrate….then I’d be concerned

Yeah, for me it’s more of a personal preference, than a pitchfork scenario. I will never like high roll I win early cards.

My miracle mage has a pretty good record against that deck, as it’s extremely passive opening let’s me build the miracle. So unless they get the giant on turn 3 > calling on 4, I usually burn them out, especially as I’ve got a teched in frost nova.

You forget they need to have Giant by turn 4 and an extra turn on top to duplicate, without you removing him. Till then they just ping, letting you develop on board freely. Even if you overextend, they run no aoes, and in case they answer with the 0 mana 2/7 Taunt, they still cant use Conjurer’s Calling, otherwise they’re probably dead.

Mage is not even the problem right now…

1 Like

Its not so much that they “need” it, Its the fact that it is basically an unanswerable combo which leaves you in a situation that if your opponent high rolls early enough and gets all they need to perform this combo they just win as you have the mulligan and basically 3-4 turns to draw answers to an 8/8 and if you fail you basically lost the game in 4 turns which is stupid.

Before people say “Run more removal” then how much removal is too much to basically guarantee yourself a removal by turn 3-4?? and how bad does that gimp your deck because you have overloaded with situational cards to try and cover yourself from the impending giant?

Its almost as good as putting in a card which says “When drawn you instantly win”, This is an exaggeration but it feels this way before anyone says thats how combo,s work.

Its the same principle for any luck based game like the lottery just because I know the ball range 1-59 does not mean that I have any control over what balls are drawn when.

Ok you get the board for the 1st 3 turns so you play lets say a 1/2 and 2/3 and a 3/4 you still need to have low cost minions to play on those turns and unless your playing a very low cost agro deck then your chances are quite low of getting 3 of your low cost minions.

So basically your answer is “Run aggro”, This seems to be the answer to a lot of decks to be honest when you ask about certain combos, control style decks.

The general consensus is kill them before they can assemble their combo or control cards, Which means that if you are playing aggro if you just mindlessly spam games and eventually law of averages will take over and you will achieve a 50% ish win rate anyway.

Nah, you clearly missinterprented me. I never said “play Aggro to beat Mages”. I tried both Mech and Secret Hunter (climbed from R5 to L1.5k solely with Mech), both deal perfect with Mage, especially Mech. i guarantee you Big Mage is a free win. Mech and Secret are Midrange, not Aggro.

Mech: Mulligan for Mecharoo (sticky against ping), Venomizer/Spider Bomb for Mountain Giant turn.

Secret: Mulligan for Freezing Trap or even better Eagleborn Bow. Marked Shot/Skill Command work too, in combination with trading a minion.

If you play Aggro like Murloc Shaman or Token Druid, its even easier since Big Mage runs no AoEs.

The only deck that might have no answer to a turn 3 Giant is Warlock. Tempo Rogues got Sap, Warrs got Shield Slam/minion trade+Execute, Shamies got Hex, Priests got SW:Death, etc. I mean, if you get too greedy and refuse to run any single target removal, especially when you’re aware you’ll be facing Big Mages on ladder, thats clearly your fault.

1 Like

One thing I like to field against Giant Conjuration Mages (Which is what I call that deck archetype) is 2x Big Game Hunter. Won me a few games just playing that on 4 with the Coin :stuck_out_tongue:

I will add BGH as well as 2 x Hex this should give me enough time to draw an answer to a turn 4 giant.

@Drib i assume you play Control or Big Shaman. Double Hex is already enough (imo), always Mulligan for Hex against Mage. As long as you Hex their first Mountain you’re gucci, its improbable for them to have a follow up on 5, so till they land second Giant, you’ll have a descent board or even the second Hex.

BGH is a great tech choice but its a lackluster vs Hunter, depending on your rank bracket, it might or might not worth including him. Check class frequencies through HS Deck Tracker. If Mage has ~15%+ presentation, you can experiment with adding 1xBGH on top of double Hex.

canceling the Twinspell effect seems like a possible nerf.
Conjurer’s calling is just too strong in the current meta.

Unpopular opinion here but, maybe it’s fine as it is. Maybe don’t nerf it.
I like how 2 voidlords on 6 after defile doomsayer hellfire spellstone and all that was fine “How dare I suggest nerf an aggro killer?!” But now that this happens everyone jumps on it. It’s not even top tier
It has plenty of counters
It’s very highrolly
It relies on 4 cards to win
Its best match ups have multiple ways and options to counter it
Go sleep

I have a better idea
Let’s all fantasize nerfs
Silverback patriarch should be a 2/3 instead, 4 hp is too much for 3 mana, look at evil miscreant for example: op
Corehound FING 9 ATTACK that card is the best in the game
The beast
Make its effect s battlecry so it works better with play dead

Edit: I’ll bring more to the table as you keep speaking nonsense

agreed 100%

Advices were given by the community and now he understands how to counter Mages. Being ironic on every post only paints you as a dumbass or a troll, even if deeply your words are right. DONT take this personally again, just a friendly tip.

It really isnt. If you refuse to adapt to such an easily counter-able Meta, its your fault. Dont expect people pinging then passing turns, letting you play your cheesy ShuffleLock.

When an entire meta has to build cards around a specific deck,yzes it means that deck is too strong.
Just before the nerfs everyone were playing Oozes and Harrison Jones to counter the Rogues.
Now everyone is playing Big Game Hunter to counter the mages.
Same goes to Wild mode - Big Priest is too strong and you will be a fool to not put techs to counter it.

What I am trying to say, Blizzard fix these stupid mana cheating mechanics. If that is Conjurer’s calling Mage in Standard or Big Resurrect Priest in Wild.