Game constantly crashes after last update

Hi Guys.

I had the same problems as mentioned above, and I want to share my experience.

I reninstalled the game on my iphone 5, while on wifi. However I didnt play after the install and took my phone out. I loaded the game while being on 3g or 4g (cant rembr), and the game therefore didnt download cellular and asset downloads. BUT. I noticed I was able to play! Afterwards I went to options and disabled both asset and cellular downloads and I have been able to play ever since. Today I tested it on my ipad air (before making this post), and I can now play on both devices :slight_smile:

So a quick someup. Install/reinstall the game while being on wifi —> disable wifi —> load the game and go to options and disable both asset and cellular downloads.

I really hope this will help you guys and spread the word if it does!

You will lack some ingame sounds, but you will be able to complete your quests and play.

Michael

Hopefully tomorrow’s maintenance means they’re fixing the problem? Please tell me that’s what it means!

1 Like

Hey all,

This is being looked into, but we do not have an update at this time. Sorry for the trouble caused by this so far.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Seriously? You’re just gonna leave us like this? It’s been over a week!

1 Like

Exact same problem here. I reinstalled the app, and even went as far as wiping my whole iPad and restoring it. No dice

Exact same symptoms for me too. Once it starts crashing I am a goner for that particular match as it gets worse and worse.

I have the issues aswell. On a IPad air. I have it also when I am playing solo adventures, less worse, but I have them also in there.

Updated to new 12.2 ios that came out today. Same issue. C’mon blizzard!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue on iPhone 6, and IPad mini 2. Game crashes after every match, sometimes in the middle, and every time in the “my collection” area. iOS is up to date, tried to uninstall and reinstall, multiple times.

I just started to play again, I quit about the time of the witchwood expansion. Don’t know if the constant crashes is worth continuing to play, especially since I can’t modify any decks.

Here is how a game looks like in case you want to know

Do you notice that at some point I can’t even play cards!!!
Should I dare to ask about my rank and games lost because I couldn’t move? or game decided to end it for me?

This is ipad air. Do you people have testers? I can test the game for you if you want on ipad air… but you have to do something about this, it’s been so long since last update and nothing is working… you broke the game!!!

Look at 10:52 … After I reconnected to the game, I barely can move somthing … I can’t even play all the cards… and is not only the fact that I didn’t had enough time!!!

1 Like

Same again here. iPad 4 i think. Game stutters and. It. Crashes. Every. Single. Time. I. Play. Come on Blizzard, fix the game!

So,blizzard just ignoring this problem for ~3 weeks or what? How long can this go on? I seriously cant understand this. No ETA,nothing. Should we just delete our games, forget our blizzard accounts and just forget evertything,cause they dont want fix it?

1 Like

Yep, me too. At the end of every solo game it will crash, if it hasn’t during the game.

Same here but only on my iPad. Making the game unplayable. Fix this

Hey all,

Guess what… on my iPad Air 2 16Gb, with up-to-date iOS version, I have the same issues. App is crashing regularly after game has finished, when in ‘MyCollection’… barely playable.

Hey, Blizzard, what more info do you need from us and by when will you fix it pls?

Regards
J

After this updated of early April, these issues are almost completely solved. Thanks Blizzard!

When you say “crash” can you describe the exact symptoms. Does the app close and revert to the iOS home screen? Or does the app freeze entirely? Or does an error appear? Or does it appear to still be working (UI works and faces still emote on time events) but the turn never ends?

“Crash” covers a multitude of symptoms and it helps developers immensely if the exact symptoms on specific device version and iOS version are detailed.

So I just had a recent game of hearthstone on my phone. During arena and my game starts lagging like crazy, to the state of frozen. So I quit my app and reload, which resolves most of the connection problems but this time, it just made me lose my arena match. Additionally I was playing on Wi-Fi and the internet was running fine on my PC and my mobile. I only left the match for about 20-30 seconds, I should of still had rope burning but instead got given a loss.

I’m using android phone LG X power and the game crashes or freeze everytime i click on new cards and sometimes when clicking “shop” so basically i can’t create standard deck. After long period of freeze then the magic pop out appears “Hearthstone is not responding. Do you want to close it? Report wait ok.”

Hi It’s so sad that the same thing occurred many times with me , It’s like the game totally freezes , No rope burning no Error pop up or any kind of Messages for being Disconnected ,
i have also tried The Troubleshooting like clearing Cache , Reinstalling and Connecting to different Wifi/4G etc

This absolute Crap happens at least once or twice to me everyday and its happening since forever as i can remember , i have followed and asked for the fix over time but nothing got resolved, Some friend suggested to change the mobile phone i have also did it my old Phone was Honor 6x while i am currently using Mate 10 lite.

I have also tried Like Reconnecting ASAP when i know the game is frozen but no matter what each time i Reconnected the Message pop-uped that i was disconnected and couldn’t reconnect no matter how quick i restart the game , Resulting Loss of Ranked and Arena Games which is absolutely hideous.

I hope Blizzard takes action on that Fixing this Bug ASAP.
i am following the post for updates