Hearthstone asking to be updated when it already has the latest update (IOS)

I’m on holiday at the moment and brought my iPad to play HS occasionally but the game keeps saying I need an update and redirects me to the App Store. Once in the App Store it only gives me the option to open the game and the cycle continues.

1 Like

Hey Laflamme,

Can you see if there are any updates for your IOS itself? If that still does not improve things for you, try re-installing the App completely.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

So I’ve updated the iOS and still having the same issue. The thing is there was never an update it just started prompting me to download something and I keep getting the same message. Go to apple store and start update

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same problem. Whenever I launch the Hearthstone app on my iphone, it tells me to “open download”. I have the latest Hearthstone update. Even when deleting and re-downloading the app it tells me the same thing. How do I go about fixing that?

Locking as this was originally an older thread. For the more recent issue, see App doesn’t launch on my IPhone se 2 - #24 by Tyrskorn-2108