Hearthstone crashing on iPad

Whenever I try to play a game the game just crashes and shuts down on its ow, when I try to reload it says reconnecting then crashes again. I know it’s an app problem because I’ve already contacted Apple and said my device has no problems.

24 Likes

This is also happening to both my husband and I on our iPads. It crashes about once per new game played. I cant play ranked right now because I just lose connection.

6 Likes

Adding my “vote” to this issue. ipad 6th generation updated to latest ios, reinstalled hearthstone but it still crashes. Mostly when starting arena. Hearthstone simply “dissappears” and when reconnecting it opens up, states its reconnecting to my game and then vanishes again.
I have no issues on my imac.

3 Likes

Same problems noticed here.

While playing in standard mode random crashes appear on the iPAD. sometimes I can resume the game started.
When creating a new game in standard also crashes and then I can not return to the game created … being given defeat when I come back.

This type of problem does not exist when playing battlegrounds.

Any reason for this?

Yes! Very frustrating! Since I downloaded the new patch I will try and start a game play or ranked it will crash and then I will open it back up again and it will tell me that I can’t get back to the game and this doesn’t change! Have done everything, unfortunately even fully restored the device losing lots of information, but I thought something might be wrong with the Apple software… no! Something is wrong with blizzards new patch for mobile devices! They should have fixed this yesterday…

3 Likes

Same issue with crashes, practically once per game, IPad Pro (A1673) with iOS 13.3.

Same here. Game In most unstable state I’ve witnessed since original launch.

iPad mini latest version.

Game frequently just vanishes in several different scenarios but usually happens at least once every two games. I’ve noticed that one primary cause is if I accidentally swipe from too low at bottom of screen, and I accidentally initiate IOS shortcuts bar. I tested this, and it doesn’t crash it when I deliberately do it, but only after software has been open for a bit and/or in the middle of a game.

Crashes randomly at other points too. Just now it seemed to crash for no reason multiple times as it was trying to load up, so before I even got to main menu. There was no game active at the time. I noticed last week it crashed during game initiation, then kept crashing every time I reloaded until the game that had been initiated was finished. So software kept crashing around six times before the game ended by default with a loss.

All in all, this is v frustrating. Game feels highly unstable, which is very unusual for a Blizzard game.

All latest IOS updates installed, but problem also existed before I installed the very latest iOS update so don’t think that’s the direct cause.

2 Likes

Same here. Have tried reinstalling but it doesn’t help. Ok on iPhone, not iPad

This just happened me in arena. I’m literally locked out of my game because the software keeps crashing as I try and load it. I will be looking for compensation.

We have had a good few reports of problems in iOS at the moment.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps but if they don’t work, add your info to the bug report thread here.

Hi all,

I did something this morning that seems to have fixed the issue at my side. I have now gone through 3 games with smooth play, no crashes, and no disconnects. This never happened for last few weeks.

I simply powered my ipad Mini off, and powered it on again. I mean a proper power off, not a lock.

Ill post again later after more play if it happens again or appears resolved.

L

Spoke too soon. Game I tried immediately after posting this crashed game when it was looking or opponent.

Now I try and get back in. Blizzard screen - Hearthstone logo appears - “You were reconnected to your last game” - crashes after this appears. I wont get in now until the game is over.

There is a definite issue here.

I’ve just gone to your bug reporting section and there’s no option to create a thread unlike this forum? I can see no way to make a post. Edit: Ah, it’s the American forum through that link. I cant post there it seems.

I have the same problem, just lost 200 battleground rating… great.

Same. Never had issues before, but now it crashes at least once per game. IPad Pro. IOS 13.3.

If the crash occurs before you get to the mulligan, then it will loop-crash until your game is deemed lost. If the crash occurs in game, you can reconnect and play on (until next crash).

Occurs both in constructed and single player dungeon run.

1 Like

Since the last update game has become next to unplayable on iPad Air 2. Game crashes during the Arena Deck creation phase, during gameplay (especially when I tap on a card to play it in my hand), but, worst of all, it crashes during new arena match creation AND when I attempt to reconnect to my game, the game crashes again - each time until I lose a game due to a disconnect. I’ve already lost at least 3 arena games in that fashion. I believe that an arena refund would be the right thing to do here, but I’m afraid that I’ll have to stop playing till you fix the issue with iOS.

Played since launch and this is the most unstable I’ve experienced.
About a 50% chance of Crashing on matchmaking (play ranked game). Will then crash on restart until you have lost the game in progress.
Even without the matchmaking crash it will crash within 10 mins or so.
Playing on 2019 iPad, latest iOS and lots of free memory.

1 Like

Same here, crashing constantly…

1 Like

Crashing constantly on iPad and iPhone since last update. My devices are both updated with no issues, definitely a patch problem. Game cannot be played at the moment

Ok I know it’s Christmas but this isn’t good enough. Just cancelled my wow sub. Will request full dragons refund if this isn’t sorted by end of day. Second time in a year I’ve had similar issues and getting sick of it when I’m throwing a lot of money your way.

1 Like