Glitching characters in game

Macbook Pro 13 inch mid 2012
mojave 10.14.6

I have fund a way to get around it. When ever I see a glitch in the beginning of a match, I quit hots complete, and reopen it. You miss the beginning of the match, but when you enter, no more glitches in the rest of the game. So worth it in my opinion.

BUT the trick didn’t work on blacks heartbay. glitches through the hole game on that map, even when rejoining the game…

1 Like

Still big issues on Blackhearts Bay throughout the whole map, Hanamura Temple especially around mid of map and in front of first row of towers in each camps, Volskaya Foundry and Warhead Junction. Issues not limited to those maps.
Blizzard - This is really annoying. When is the plan to get this fixed?

1 Like

New patch did not fix this. Is this being looked at, or mac players are doomed?

1 Like

same problem in my mac mini. i do all software updates and reinstall game and repair files etc but its still same. some maps is ok but mostly unplayable :frowning: do something blizzard

1 Like

Hi all,

Just chiming in to say that this is still being looked into by our developers, but it’s proving troublesome to nail down exactly what’s conflicting and causing the graphical issues that are being reported. For now, changing to Medium shaders can help a bit. It’s not a fix, but can help

Some maps is almost at normal and some is still the same. All graphics is set to lowest possible. There are no difference between setting graphics to the best for my graphic card or the lowest. Its the same problem in both settings

1 Like

Also happened to me, but I have something to add.
I’m pretty sure it’s related to water pool. For example there’s no problem on last week cavern brawl, but it’s very bad near the core on the new volskaya brawl.
Also, Sky Temple is pretty unplayable, especially mid lane near water and bottom lane on the bridge.
Braxis Holdout there’s some problem right in front of bottom keep. At the beginning you see some water and a bridge coming over it. In that zone the glitch happens.
Also want to clarify: what’s happening is that you are unable to see anything in specific point of the map, while 1 cm left you see perfect. That’s why it seems like glitching.
Now I’m trying to uninstall e reinstall, let’s see if it gets better…

1 Like

Disinstall and reinstall didn’t work out. I can send videos of the various location of the maps where the problems happen. Or anything, just ask me, but pls fix this problem, game is unplayable on those maps…

2 Likes

Any news on this bug? It’s still happening for me on my iMac. Got the latest available software updated (MacOS High Sierra)

My iMac is from mid 2014 with Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB.

2 Likes

Dude same. This is not cool. Have a MacBook Air from 2013ish. Can you fix this please blizzard ?

2 Likes

Same issue, really annoying.
mbp late 2013 Retina. macOS 10.15.1

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same glitch issue and its been going on for a while making the game unplayable. I play on MAC OS Catalina 10.15.1 but i have just upgraded it from mojave. Game is unplayable on both.

1 Like

Even after the so called ‘fix’ last patch the game keeps glitching on the blackheart’s bay map… Playing on a macbook pro as well.

2 Likes

Is this ever going to be fixed?

2 Likes

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013
MacOS Catalina 10.15.2

Still having this issue, breaks the game, cant play a lot of maps as it makes it impossible to see friendly or enemy characters.

2 Likes

MBP 13" mid 2014, playing with all the lowest settings except resolution (I use the lowest that matches my screen’s ratio), Mojave 10.14.6. I’ve had this issue happen on most maps. It’s been happening on the new brawl map as well, which is the game mode I play the most… so, yeah, I can’t actually play the game until this is fixed.

2 Likes

This is still a huge problem, no ones responding. Is there going to be some attention to this issue?

4 Likes

Still an issue. Trying to get back into HOTS after a hiatus, and this is making it so I can’t even play :frowning:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 (19C57)

Description: On most maps, heroes and minions seem to “jump” up and out of the screen. Often times, the map will also be missing forts, towers, and health pools as well.

3 Likes

Same issue, game is unplayable right now. Medium shaders made it better for a few minutes but the issue came back after that.

I found it to be absolute worst at the bottom lane of of Blackheart’s Bay for some reason.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G2022)

1 Like

Same here. Flickering/disappearing characters on Mac mini 2012 running Catalina 10.15.2. Restarting seems to help temporarily. Consistent problems on the lower part of the Blackheart’s Bay map.