I cannot start any game from the menu

I cannot start a game. I log in the game main menu. But when I try to start any type of game it doesnt work and gives this message: “There was temporary problem with your request. Please try again.”

3 Likes

Same. No game modes work.

Same here since yesterday - party of 3 can’t enter any game mode. Everyone by themselves enter and start loading, but in party it shows that whoever hold the crown is the problem (something along the lines - nick is ineligible), and the standard “There was temporary problem with your request. Please try again.”

I cannot even solo. So then this is some game issue its not just me.
I cannot even open ticket in the support site :frowning: :angry:

2 Likes

Same here with same message from what i can see some assests aren’t loaded aswell
my profile picture and the gold images on quest log are white.

3 Likes

Same here as well, cannot see any profile pictures (mine or anyone else’s) and gold image on quest logs are all white too for me. Relogging does nothing.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, I can play if I close the game and restart it again!

Same issue for me. Re-logging into the game loads the assets properly, but has no impact on the game joining issue.

Same issue over there…so we know that this problem exists from yesterday and no one no CM no admin no GM replied that what is happening with HOTS… ( I know I know maintenance but still…)

Same issue here, getting the “There was a temporary problem with your request. Please try again.”
Had the issue with a party of 3, and the party leader wouldnt be able to be ready. And when solo queuing I receive the above error.

Same over here, in a party the leader is able to initiate the game but then the game cannot begin as the leader “causes” the error to happen. Or rather, the leader status goes from searching to cancelled. I was at one point able to solo q, but then after restarting i couldn’t solo q anymore. Note: this is for all modes.

As party of 3 we couldn’t start a game for two days, but after we added forth player the game started for us.
+1 for missing assets as gold pictures of quests or avatars on anyone, all of my teammates had this problem, after few relogins it perished, but the game still didn’t started for us as party of 3.

Had same issue but worked after:
When in game - use logout button
Enter mail/pass then relog in - Im on europe - worked after that

3 Likes

Same here for a few days now, i don´t think they care to fix it and just letting the game crash and burn, love the game and it´sa sad sad story

I am guessing it seems to be some sort of authentication/game loading issue where things haven’t loaded properly. It has happened to me for a few days but every time I log out in game. Close game. Relaunch game. It loads properly and works…

You can tell when it isn’t going to work because the profile picture is missing and just shows a plus symbol instead

1 Like

Try workaround with launcher in c:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm\Support64\HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe (check in bliz launcher your install path). Dude above is right, indeed, auth issue

yes, same here, it started three days ago - I could not start the match as I got “temporary problem, try again later” [either QM, or ARAM] … but the PC restart helped, somehow,
however, yesterday, I started to get kicked out after 10min from a game three times in a row - some people in next matchmaking stated they experienced as well some day or two ago, then the same scenario repeated “temporary problem…”
today - not even pc restart helps

1 Like

Same problem here, unable to start a game, player and quest icons are not displayed.
Also everytime I want to start the game it needs to update first, which is an issue I and other people have encountered for months now.
Do you plan to fix your game at some point?

Had the same issue, fixed the problem by deleting the temp Hots folder located in my documents
C:\Users\Bernie\Documents\Heroes of the Storm

Starting the game after this worked for me

This solution worked for me too