MacOS: An unexpected fatal error occurred

Error code: E8D58964-B6FF-48DF-A5B8-33CB1A456382

This came out of nowhere, I played without any problems, but now the game crashes on every launch. I tried to reinstall the game and even the Battle.net app.

5 Likes

It’s the same for me -.- started today with any notice of an update and directly crashes when starting -.- MacBook Air M1 latest OS

Thank god, I’m not alone :melting_face:

1 Like

:expressionless: this is sad… and i also tried to uninstall + install but nothing changed…

Same here, I tried the “scan and repair” tool, clearing the cache for both battle.net and HotS and reinstalling the whole thing.
Some help from Blizzard would be cool

1 Like

Guys from this topic have the same: Crash on startup (mac m1 pro, ventura)

So it’s obviously a massive problem, hope that it will be fixed soon :pray:

1 Like

Same here. Anyone find a fix?

I literally tried EVERYTHING yesterday: completely cleaned the Mac from any Blizzard files, disabled all iCloud services, and even tried to install OneDrive (it’s funny but I found on forums that sometimes OneDrive may cause fatal errors in HoTS). Reinstalled the game several times, checked files, and reset game settings to default. Nothing seems to help. It looks like the only thing we can do right now is to wait for help from Blizzard.

I have the same error, macbook air M1

Me too, reinstall did not help. So we cant only wait…

Same here, macbook m2 macOS Sonoma

Same here, macbook pro m1

Can someone help us?

There is a lot of people here with same problem: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/mac-game-crashes-on-startup/60358/69

tech supp team member said, that they are investigating the problem… =/

Same here, Mac Pro late 2013…

same, i have tried everything. Looks like a Mac thing they need to fix, Good luck on that. i dont think they will ever address the issue

It looks like the problem is solved by US support. Try to log in, it should be working.

I was just going to complain that it’s not fixed and launched the game to copy the crash code, then I was in. I don’t know if it’s a fluke, but I switched to full screen just as I was about to go to authentication screen. (was in windowed mode). I’ll see if my luck holds.

This issue is still prevalent and extends beyond just wi-fi, I turned this off and plugged in an ethernet cable and I am still unable to launch and play anything. This company is stealing from its customer’s as they are still charging the subscription but offer no solution to play the game… It is an absolute joke!

I ONLY CRASH WItH SKY TEMPLE MAP!!! Now have to win 4 games with leaver status!!! FIX THIS PLS BLIZZARD AND REMOVE MY LOSSES AND LEAVES!