Preparing game data before every start up

Honestly did you even read the dev response? They have finally found the cause of the problem and they are working on it currently, coding isn’t something that you do fast it takes time to code properly so that you don’t make several more bugs in the process

1 Like

Hey, Any news on this?

Hello skunk21,

It’s been fixed internally but some preparations are needed to deploy it in a future patch.

6 Likes

Thx for letting us to know that.

That is, exactly when ?
Blizzard games were famous for not having bugs but now pay attention to the release date of this topic, it is very annoying that this bug has not been fixed yet

1 Like

Is this patched yet?

Hello,
Im facing the same issue with my laptop Lenovo-L5 17IMH05H.
I tried many things to fix but its always come back.
However recently on my desktop it doesn’t do this, it run directly.
I copied HOTS files from desktop and replaced on my laptop, didn’t work.
If anyone could help with a way to record the file process between my Desktop Pc and laptop, to help maybe in fix…
I think its bug in launcher, since it randomly update before after and when u exit the game sometimes even during playing it tells u you need to quite to update which download again the 137mb files… But i found away around by or fix Logout, wait to load if it did not load change servers from down left just to promote load or by changing graphics…
then Login and its fixed u can play normally.

This problem was solved and I even completely closed and reopened my Battle Net and everything was perfectly fine
I wanted to thank you and I hope there are good and better updates to this game (in the near future)

Not for me, just did it.

Seems like the Problem is solved for me with the latest patch. Thx

Hello all,

For clarifications, the issue is indeed fixed with the patch. The pop-up “preparing the game data” is still showing, that’s working as intended. What’s been fixed is the download part that was happening on top of that.

2 Likes

Hello,

April and it’s still not patched. I still have a download after the preparing game data pop up. This is becoming more and more annoying due to the fact that for some reason the download speed is also suuuuper slow (could be due to my internet but after running tests i can download way faster than the 0.whatever kb spd. Can we get more insight as in to what this might be related to ? is it the client or the actual game ?

thanks for your time but community wise we all know that hots is an abandonned game so far but if you guys take me as an intern or a part timer i will help you guys fix the problem the best i can. Other than that just fix this issue as it’s becoming less and less enjoyable to play a game that deserves more love from not even the devs but the company itself.

D…did you not read the latest post before yours? It litterally says right there that the download bug is fixed and that everything is working as intended, any problem that you might currently have is probably specific to you and should be asked through a support ticket

i tested MMMansori’s launch method and it feels like THAT fixed the issue. so from my end since i had to do a “manipulation” myself i wouldn’t call that an actual fix but sure i’ll give the benefit of the doubt.

Still have this issue.
Fresh windows installation on a new SSD, fresh drivers on everything, only bnet and hots installed.

Step by step:
Enter game let it finish to complete in-game updates.
Played a match, exited hots, bnet asks for an update, update, enter the game and not play a match, exited, no update, enter the game again, play a match, exited, new update.
Did not do the update on bnet, went to the game folder found the HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe, entered the game, played a match, exited the game, bnet still asks for update, used the .exe file, played several matches.

It’s not a bug from the games it is a bug from the bnet app.

I too am having this problem. I have to update the game everytime i want to play.

Bought new parts and assembled a new computer.

STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM THAT KEEPS UPDATING EVERY TIME I LEAVE AND ENTER BNET!!!

It’s a new computer, new windows, built around AMD CPU and GPU (the other ones were Intel and Nvidia), and it keeps doing the same update over and over again.

And if I use the direct exe file it works fine.
It doesn’t look fixed or even diagnosed.

Hello guys,

I’m also affected by this bug/error, every time that I want to play HotS I have to download nearly 1GB at a rate of 1MB/s

I have done everything suggested in this thread but nothing fix the issue, any help?

BR

Hello MILO,

The bug originally reported in this thread had been fixed back in march. If you’re still having some download happening, it’s probably caused by some data corruption or permission issue.

You should reinstall the Battle.net app (please make sure to have it installed in its default install folder on the C: drive if that’s not already the case).

For the game, please also delete and reinstall it, in a different folder and/or drive if applicable.

If it persists, we’ll need your MSinfo. You can have the informations hosted on an external site such as Pastebin then provide the URL here on the forums (in a new thread please), in a preformatted text. Else, you can just submit a ticket with the file attached.

For the patch happening after closing the game, we’re looking into it but it’s not doing any actual download after some tests for the moment. For new reports, please start a new thread.