Preparing game data before every start up

Yea this is 100% not fixed.

Still having this issue also. I did a clean reinstall of battlenet the game seemed to work for one startup, then it went back to the 137mb update. Then I fully reinstalled the game, deleting documents folder and everything, same thing. Also using a SSD.

Still having this problem for months now. I have 10yo HDD and 1.5mb/s internet please fix your shiz this is taking to long to be acceptable and I’m a programmer myself.

1 Like

my friend has to take 30 minutes to start up the game because he lives in an area with bad download speed. this issue has been going on for months when is it going to get fixed

tell him to lunch the game trough C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm\Support64. he will only need to downlead only one more time and if he continue to lunch game with this wat, he don’t need to download again.

I’m going to copy over the post I referred to since it doesn’t appear people have been reading it all. It tells you to make a ticket if the steps do not work.

Please follow the steps and make a ticket so we can get more info about this.

The current versions are:

Battle.net Version 2.8.1.13242
Battle.net Update Agent Version 2.25.5.7614

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

There were a couple of bugs that occurred in recent Battle.net Agent updates which caused permission issues for game installs and resulted in “update loops” for players. Each of those bugs have now been resolved with the latest Battle.net app and Agent versions. The issue should not show up with fresh installs of the Battle.net desktop app or the games themselves.

To verify if you have the latest Battle.net and Agent versions: Open the Battle.net desktop app, click on the Battle.net logo in the top left, select Settings, then click About on the left side. At the time of this post these are the latest versions:

Battle.net Version 2.7.0.13177
Battle.net Update Agent Version 2.25.5.7614

If you’re still experiencing updating issues with game installs, we recommend doing a full wipe and reinstall of the Battle.net desktop app.

In Windows 10 go to Start → Settings
Click on Apps
Uninstall the Battle.net desktop app
Press Windows key + R
Type the following into the Run window and hit Enter: %APPDATA%
Delete the Battle.net and Blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
Repeat steps 4-6 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %PROGRAMDATA%
Empty the recycle bin.

Now reinstall the Battle.net desktop app: https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/apps/battle.net/desktop

Afterwards the Battle.net app should recognize the game install and attempt to repair it if needed. If you do experience the “update loop” issue again you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game itself to correct the issue.

Should anyone come across this thread in the future please contact us and include your DXDIAG and MSINFO files 6 which will assist with investigating the problem further. Thanks!

You dont know how to read ? Sad…

I’m going to copy over the post I referred to since it doesn’t appear people have been reading it all. It tells you to make a ticket if the steps do not work.
Please follow the steps and make a ticket so we can get more info about this.

I don’t think passive aggressive “posting this again cause people aren’t smart enough to read” posts are all that helpful.

As identified before, this issue came about across multiple Blizzard games at once - all of which have been fixed apart from HotS. Yes, the issue related to Battle net data, but if every other game was able to solve the issue without the need to re-install Battle net then I don’t see why it’s unreasonable to expect the same for HotS.

To anyone still having the issue, I was able to solve it today with the following steps:

1. Close Battle.net launcher
  2. Go to your Heroes of the Storm folder and rename it
  3. Reopen Battle.net
  4. You will see the option to ‘Install’ for HotS. Below that you should see a ‘Locate Game’ option. Click it
  5. Point Battle.net at the re-named HotS folder and click OK
  6. Battle.net will scan / update HotS one last time and give you the ‘Play’ button.

This appears to clear out whatever junk data Battle.net was holding about the HotS version, and after doing this I no longer I no longer get constant updates. Hopefully this holds, but I’ll update tomorrow to see if it survives through a day of use and multiple restarts.

If you’re OCD (like me) you can of course go through the steps again to rename the folder back to it’s original name and the fix still holds

1 Like

This solve nothing man just ctrl c and ctrl v old “helps” and do nothing

1 Like

We’re not getting tickets in about the issue so yes, I believe people were not following through the post and providing the info we need to get this looked into.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I will share this internally with the team as I hope it will help them with their investigation.

Hey there RNG,

Did you make a ticket with the system files that are mentioned in the post?

Just posting back to confirm that after a day the fix seems to have held. Played HotS, other blizzard games, restarted Battle.net and my PC multiple times, all without the launcher reverting to the ‘Update’ button and without the preparing game data process when I launch the game.

Hopefully this helps someone else with the issue

2 Likes

having the same problem and this is 2 months later…

1 Like

Hah only 10 tickets about this with screens :slight_smile: i dont care anymore i delete this trash game so no problem for me anymore :slight_smile: but tell your friends and boss your game (and not only HOTS) its garbage maybe its best time to shut down all servers and all games because you cant do simple fixes or anything good from patch on WOW continue to “remaster” Warcraft 3 and “COD” trashguard…

1 Like

I completely deleted the Battle.net program even through the Windows registry using IObit Uninstaller pro software, but the problem remains.
If you download the game data and enter the game but there is no match play, there is no problem, but as soon as you play the game, everything falls apart again.
There really is always a strange question for me !!!
StarCraft, which was created in 1998 and is still being updated, this game is a game that is ahead of all its competitors, such as Dota and League of Legends.
Why do you turn off the flourishing light of this game every time, the updates of this game are weak and I never complained, but why did you forget the bug of the game, even after passing more than 2 months ?

Hey folks,

Thanks for checking in and we’re sorry you are still experiencing issues. We are still investigating this issue as it is Heroes of the Storm specific. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA as of yet so for we can only ask for your continued patience.

every time my game preparing data for 127mb !!! please help

2 Likes

Same issue. 137 Mb each launch

1 Like

Kekw just follow “helping fix” uninstall the game and all data (you gona lost all builds and settings) and after you instal this game back you have same issue xD So its best fix ever :smiley: like if someone shot you and doctor told you : dont worry we take bullet of…but i still have pain and i still bleeding…ahaaaa yep we take bullet out but we put the bullet back (just for sure)

try to lunch game directly without using battle net by going trough: C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm\Support64\HeroesSwitcher_x64.
if you go that way you have to download only one more time.