The new hero is a shame

I think this topic went on waaaay longer than it had to but I’ll still agree- the new hero IS a shame

Going by the US forums,reddit people are not done with there rants.But then again EU doesnt have that much active player base on the forums as those.

gotha admit though her abilities are freaking awesome

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter, we can whine all we want they will do what they do for social justice, like when they made Alex fat, now they don’t have any black ppl in their IPs so they are making up new IP.

I really don’t see what the big deal is. Already plenty of heroes I enjoy playing now, I’ll try out Qhira when she gets here and make up my mind then.

1 Like

I know what you are refferencing,and i agree when Blizzard does it in the end it turns out pettie.
But it’s not that they dont have black people in there IP’s,i mean Tyrael,Tosh are just from the top of my head from Diablo and Sc2.But the Qhira try hard sjw was lame.

Cool smurf account bro.

Tyrael should be an angel not one particular race as far as I care…anyhow, they needed a girl and more black ppl so…

1 Like

I agree totally, and in all honesty this hero could of even been some zandalari female character… but they did this to please the sjws i guess

1 Like

She is a Blizzard character.

1 Like

Great job missing the point.

4 Likes

Which point exactly? That one in which the development was heavily cut? You realize she was probably already either fully developed or missing just some final touch, right? She was probably ready at Orphea release already, but delayed due to backlash about original characters. And since the development was cut later, the development of a new characters is slowed down. I’m sure they would love to release some iconic characters, like those mentioned by OP, but they are not ready yet. So they release what they can. But yes, sure. You can be blind like OP and think they created her in last few weeks just to annoy playerbase in a dying game. Suuuure.

1 Like

well in the end no one wants nexus heroes and Blizzard still makes them I think I already mentioned why

Well I do!

The vast majority may not want Overwatch or Nexus Heroes but I say bring them on as long as they are well written and done well

After all Heroes of the Storm is more than just a place where characters from other Blizzard franchises come to clash with one another

Worlds may collide here but I never once forgot that The Nexus itself was a world too

But the rest of you it seems were too occupied with other things to pay attention enough to realize that

And you have taken almost every good thing about this game for granted because almost all you do is complain

• Dragon Knight
  • Garden Terror
  • Grave Golem
  • Raven Lord
  • Ka
  • Neithis
  • Captain Blackheart
  • Lady of Thorns
  • Queen Nightshade

ALL NEXUS ORIGINAL CHARACTERS LONG BEFORE ORPHEA WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED!

And they have been with you right from the start!

It’s not offensive in any way to have a Nexus Character debut as a Hero within a game taking place WITHIN THE NEXUS ITSELF!

It is problematic however when our desires are being mostly ignored

These Nexus Heroes are also lacking in rich lore to make them likable characters in the eyes of many

If we are given Qhira out of the blue while so many of us want Grommash Hellscream for example of course people would be upset

However if Grommash has already been released or said to be in the works and Qhira also has some lore video or comic to enrich her as a character and THEN got released people would be WAY LESS UPSET

Nexus Heroes are not to blame for the downfall of this game

The company not doing enough work to develop the lore and being too lazy to fix a number of technical issues play a far larger part

It also doesn’t help that they deliberately sabotage their own game by pulling stunts like this

JUST LOOK AT THAT DISLIKE BAR!

The feelings of the vast majority need to be considered before they make such big changes or things will just keep backfiring again and again

You get the point, rly a smart person clap clap clap

Also you are a smart person.

I could agreed with you, if Heroes of the Storm was born as an original game with original characters like League of Legends. Actually i saw people like your mate before that don’t understand the point… let me show you: HEROES OF THE STORM IS A CROSSOVER GAME! MOST PEOPLE WANTS THEIR HEROES FROM THE OTHER BLIZZARD’S UNIVERSE! WE DON’T REALLY NEED OC, ESPECIALLY IN THIS CRISIS, CUS THERE ARE A LOT OF SIGNIFICANT HEROES!

Sorry for caps, but it seems people can’t read the points of my argument

1 Like

thts the spirit :wink:

1 Like

Completely useless part of the post,if you can’t grasp the concept what people are saying since the start,with Orphea too.
We didnt need nexus lore,we didnt need writers for HOTS,we needed solid Blizzard established characters,with good CGI,everything else is wasting resources but somehow people like you dont get it.The characters would sell them self.
And some idiot at the studio thought to waste money on lore,on a MOBA,nor Dota and LoL have any of that,they even quit in LoL 3x regarding lore,but some HR or Manager thought well we need that.Just shows how Blizzard is horribly mismanaged as a company.

I dont even wona talk about titan,sc shooter and other wasted games/resources,since they sell them self short and for profit to please shareholders.

new hero is awesome gj blizzard

1 Like

Clearly you have not been playing any of these games

I shall now proceed to educate you:

Dota 2 lore on Dragon Knight:

“After years on the trail of a legendary Eldwurm, the skilled dragon-slayer found himself facing a disappointing foe: the dreaded Slyrak had grown ancient and frail, its wings tattered, its few remaining scales stricken with scale-rot, its fangs ground to nubs, and its fire-gouts no more threatening than a pack of wet matchsticks. Seeing no honor to be gained in dragon-murder, the young knight prepared to turn away and leave his old foe to die in peace. But a voice crept into his thoughts, and Slyrak gave a whispered plea that the knight might honor him with death in combat. The knight agreed, and found himself rewarded beyond expectation for his act of mercy: As he sank his blade in Slyrak’s breast, the dragon sank a claw into his throat. As their blood mingled, Slyrak sent his power out along the Blood Route, offering all its strength and centuries of wisdom to the knight. The dragon’s death sealed their bond, and Dragon Knight was born. The ancient power slumbers in the knight, waking when he calls it; or perhaps it is the Dragon that calls the Knight…”

Bonus lore on a certain item for another hero:

“In the frigid north, that which is lost to myth may still be found within the ice. In an age now lost to time, the Frozen Witch Yulsaria ruled the whitelands, summoning blizzards and hail storms upon those who displeased her, while an army of ice golems roamed the lands to snuff out all warmth. In time, her southward expansion angered the Eldwurm Slyrak who, in his terrible rage, melted Yulsaria’s armies with his endless flame before conquering the Frozen Witch herself. Now, centuries later, shifts in the ice have heaved up the last remaining shard of her empire: her glacial crown”

League of Legends lore on Pantheon:

“Once an unwilling host to the Aspect of War, Atreus survived when the celestial power within him was slain, refusing to succumb to a blow that tore stars from the heavens. In time, he learned to embrace the power of his own mortality, and the stubborn resilience that goes along with it. Atreus now opposes the divine as Pantheon reborn, his unbreakable will fueling the fallen Aspect’s weapons on the field of battle”

On this I agree with you

They could be doing better things and bringing us Heroes the majority actually wants instead

But this does not mean Nexus Heroes as an idea itself is a terrible one

people loved orphea there is no reason not to love the newest hero

as I said before, I see no reason to like a character when she’s a nobody with no backstory. Sure you can like the hero itself but not the character.

I’ll tell you this- I have seen game moders make amazing backstories for there characters while blizzard couldn’t spend 2 hours on anything.

And as how many already said- orphanage at leased had a good story while this new thing is a nobody