The new hero is a shame

but the trailer had a backstory…………

Oh you did not see the reaction of this forum when Orphea came. And also you did not see how many dislikes have Qhira Spotlight.

Waw,this is my last replay to you,and il try to pin your smurf accounts so i dont fall the same rabbit hole.You my sir are a douche.

As for the LoL,i played since Beta the game,dumpt over 200€ from 2010-2015,was gold,but stopped playing around 2014 comppetitve wise.The game had more lore retcons even when i played the game,regarding the Universe and everything regarding in it.For Dota 2 i dont know,since i never played it.But saying how a 5 min CGI cinemetic is the same as for instance Deathwing,that has backstory since w3,and the cut warcraft game,lord of the clans,not going into anything regarding WoW’s massive lore,and couple of books mentioning him,but sure your 5 min cinematic and 10 sentence paragraph bellow each LoL hero somehow is on the same page.(sarcasam)

Also i want to make something perfectly clear since you are missing the overral point people keep saying.There was never a no need to develop lore for the nexus or make any OC for the IP.It was nothing more then SC2 engine based game,with cool Blizzard IP characters in MOBA.That was the deal since start.And not wasting resources or stuff like they did.Again the point that blizzard is horribly mismanaged.

What backstory?Made up planet,place,people you dont know what’s good/bad intentions,but you should trust the black/women hunter with a whip?she is the good guy’s?(sorry girls)…it would have been cool if they interduced Qhira as a new OW hero,but they cant since she is from another planet,so that goes out of the picture.(i never played OW but even i know everything happense on dystopian future earth)

The only good thing i found out of all this reading through reddit and hots US,is that there are big things coming for hots at Blizzcon,and that they are holding back.And if blizzcon has nothing in stores for this IP and it’s not mindblowing,yea…it’s bb hots.

Exactly

You do not even know what you are talking about

Some do including myself

A vast majority however does not

There was hardly anything in the spotlight video compared to the other heroes we got in this game

I mean I even want to agree with you but it just wouldn’t be an honest statement if I did

Even Murky has more of a backstory!

Orphea does too

A lot of it can be found in the comics section here for those interested

I hate to admit it but developers have gotten increasingly lazy lately

I even read somewhere that Qhira doesn’t even have lip movement

Anduin doesn’t have much of that either and just has a smug expression on his face most of the time

And the reason is simply that developers deem facial animations to be a lot of work and don’t want to bother with it

If Imperius had any visible lips we probably wouldn’t be seeing any movement there either

I remember many players had to complain and plead with the developers A LOT before they changed his wings to be a more fitting size

They should just hire us instead at this point because we care more for their games than they do

And that’s exactly reason why Qhira was not released after Orphea, but instead delayed till now when they don’t have resources to actually develop new things. Wake up dude. You got all the information, just connect dots. She was not made in last few weeks instead of Deathwing or some OW hero just to enrage you.

well that won’t stop the hate on that wakanda thing :smiley:

1 Like

Well if you want to hate the dying game, well, that’s your choice :smiley: I nearly stopped playing it. Without professional scene to watch and pick up new trends and with lack of updates and balance patches the game feels stale. I am happy for a new hero which always bring some new impulse into the matches, but I still doubt it will change much. It wouldn’t change much even if the new hero is Deathwing himself, because this game is in “maintenance mode”, a.k.a. “keep servers running with as little effort as possible while we are still in green numbers” mode. I therefore try to enjoy it as much as I can till it’s taken down. Even tho way less than before due that stale state. So if you really want to keep complaining and being angry and hateful towards it, well, if that makes you happy, sure, go for it. It won’t change the state in which the game is tho.

O boy i boy how what bs are you talking about. There’s a lot of games that have a massive player base without a competitive scene and little to no updates. Most notable games- cs:go and tf2.

Also, quit changing the topic. We went from hating the hero to saying the game is shait because…

(edit: cs:go does have a competitive scene but it has little to no updates, just to clarify)

I guess my point was not clear, so I’ll sum it up:
1.) She was most likely created a long time ago (and most likely already ready at Orphea release).
2.) She was released just now due to the fact there is nothing else to be released because of cut in dev team.
3.) You said it doesn’t matter, you’ll still hate her.
4.) I said it’s your choice, but maybe you could spend your time in a dying game better than that.

Regarding to your remarks - CS:Go is simple game concept. Everyone on both teams has access to the same tools and functionality (maybe there are some T or CT exclusive weapons, but that’s minimal difference). Such game does not need continuous development. HotS has different heroes with different tools. It needs constant updates in order to keep the game balanced and also interesting. Regarding TF2, sorry, but I don’t even remember when it was ever huge. I checked the Twitch and it has less viewers than HotS. Also I had to scroll quite a lot to even find it.

//edit: I checked CS:GO page and it seems you are wrong. It is patched pretty often: blog.counter-strike(dot)net/index.php/category/updates/

Yeah it’s true

I used to play myself and all of the following games:

• Team Fortress 2
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Dota 2

Are patched very heavily and the patches are often HUGE and VERY frequent

Which is a big reason that made me want to stop playing them

Heroes of the Storm is a nice refreshing break from that nonsense

Most of the stuff Valve adds in their patches add are just cosmetics secretly

And they are the main source of income for them in their games

when was the last time you played them, because tf2 gets a content update like once a year and cs:go gets an update (content update) around half a year.

Trust me, there not being updated that frequently now :smiley:

holly Jesus, again with twitch views.

Twitch views mean nothing- how many times do I have to tell this to everyone. If you would look at steam charts, you would see that tf2 is the 6th most played game on steam with 60k constant players while twitch viewers has 300.

Get your facts right

(Edit: getting bug fixes or pointless patches is nothing. I’m talking about content updates which are REALLY rare for cs:go. And yes, there is stuff to add in it. People want an operation in the game for over a year now, but the last major update I can remember is when they added a new BR map which was ages ago

1 Like

Cosmetics are content and they are being added in constantly

1 Like

last case update was in march 13 so you stand corrected

Idk, I checked that link again and at least once per 2-3 patches there is some content update (map tweaks, new functionality, adjustments in modes, some event ended just recently with original dust map and so on). As I said, CS:GO is a game with simple mechanics. Content updates are also simple. Anyway, there are also constant bug fixes and QoL improvements. There are sometimes 2-3 patches in a single week. Compared to HotS where we get bug fixes maybe once per 1-2 months and QoL improvements usually only at the start of the season. Your example with CS:GO simply just proved in what a terrible state HotS is.

Also regarding TF, sure twitch views are not important, but it’s still one of the metrics we can use. So I checked Steam. Yes, it might be 6th most played game, but that’s common. It’s an online multiplayer game. Those tends to usually always bring a lot of attention. There are only 1 or 2 games which have quite a good solo mode in top 10. Also it’s F2P, that’s another thing which always brings the players in. Anyway, let’s check player counts. Average amount of players playing at the same time was 50k for last 30 days at the time I checked. That’s not really that high number. Remember that the majority of F2P online games are not available at steam, so TF2 would drop massively if those would be added with such a low number. 50k might sounds like a lot, but divide that to regions. EU might have like 10-15k peak players today. That’s amount which is quite a lot lower than what was estimated average population of HotS before dev team cut and HGC cancellation was announced. Doesn’t sound that good to me. I’m not saying it’s a bad game or that the game is not worth playing. I’m just saying it’s not a relevant example and if anything it just proves that lack of updates and pro-scene affects playerbase negatively.

Holly Jesus you are just bringing back the bad conversations I had with other people. I’m to tired to talk about everything, but what I will say is that 50k is more than enough. Other games have 10k, 5k and there also considered alive. I’ll also mention that battleborn was considered still alive when it had 400 constant players, because that’s all it needed for players to find pvp and pve matches.

Now lack of updates does affect a lot of players negatively tho not the players that love the game that much. Now the lack of a pro-scene effects as much smaller amount of players. The big blow was when they removed the pro scene and so the pro players left to other games but right now, it’s only effecting random scrubs who think that if a game doesn’t have a pro scene, it’s total garbage.

1 Like

Nope, Qhira wasn’t ready to realesed after Orphea. Nice try bro, nice try, but now wake up! Thay had only the base kit , they should adapt that base kit to a hero like Reno Jackson. Don’t talk if you don’t know anything, matey.

1 Like

hey I think that could actually work. Just make some of the abilities use Renos whip and all’s good

We need to start a petition to change Qhira into Reno Jackson

1 Like

Again, don’t talk about something you don’t know! TF2 was really huge day before, more big than Hots. And Twitch doesn’t mean to much, cus in the TF2 “Golden Age” people doing youtube videos, twitch was merely uknown.

2 Likes