The new hero is a shame

Do you even English?

“I don’t even remember when it was ever huge” → it was perhaps huge a long time ago, nowadays it’s barely mentioned anywhere

Yes, 400 players is just enough for PvP matches to be formed. The result of such “enormous mass of players” is this: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/search?q=matchmaking

You need WAY MORE players to form high quality matches in games with such a huge learning curve like HotS or any other MOBA has that it is in simpler games.

This is just wishful thinking. It is far from the truth tho. Competitive gaming is so huge and there is so many options to pick from that the competitive game without competitive scene simply cannot attract new players and/or players quit at higher rate than they come in. Even ex-HotS Blizzard employees admit this. The team loses key devs which leave for better offers. Only people like you still believe for some reason :smiley:

Last patch was in August 8th 2019

https://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/category/updates/

Also here is an article posted on the 1st of August:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/08/01/counter-strike-global-offensive-adds-breach-and-seaside-maps/

“You can now vent your frustrations with tech startups inside Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. A new map, Breach, sends us to fight through a startup office which even has a slide in the lobby. Of course they have a slide. That’s just how fun and anti-establishment they are”

Wash your mouth! No more OW heroes! Genji , Hanzo and Tracer destroyed QM enough lol. /jk :joy:

Dont get me wrong, they are fun to play. But eliminate like 80% of the assassin roster just because they are so high on damage and utility. Probably fine in the competitive scene though… But they just killed that…so I doubt thats a valid argument these days.

Anyone playing Storm League is technically playing in a competitive scene

We may not have money tournaments anymore but competition is fierce in Ranked still

And that’s the way it should be honestly

I just had a game in Storm League where I was Chromie and the enemy team had Tracer and we won just fine

Overwatch Heroes are less of a problem than you think

It’s just that most players refuse to play and learn their strengths and weaknesses due to some sort of misplaced pride they have

1 Like

Oof this reminds me of me when I started playing the game ouch it hurts hehe :joy:.

2 Likes

" New heroes is so good"
This is real name of this topic! :slight_smile:

I would have to agree with the original comment as I see no benefit to creating these Nexus based heroes. Abilities are cool enough etc and, to keep with the theme, she could have easily been some sort of Kul Tiran pirate type of hero or perhaps something out of Diablo (not sure if the story on the latter covers swashbuckling characters).

Bottom line is, I feel quite confident in saying that HOTS didnt start struggling because it was a cross of the Blizzard characters but despite of that and its losing a unique selling point as a moba if it goes into that direction.

1 Like

You misunderstand the problem entirely

Simply put:

Not enough talented developers care enough about this game to put in the work that used to be put into this game

We got a new Hero at least once every month before and now that appeal is gone

Most people see it as a sign of the game dying out and simply abandon ship

I am not one of them but this is how most people think

It is also very true that the quality of new content has been low

And some changes like Garden of Terror and total banishment of Haunted Mines almost makes it seem like the company is INTENTIONALLY SABOTAGING THEIR OWN GAME!

This is very bad for business and for the players

Complete disregard for what the majority of players want is why this game is in decline compared to the blooming and beautiful new flower it used to be

I probably went a bit far linking the new hero to the faith of the game as a whole. More on the topic at hand, irrespective of how often new heroes get released, this is the second nexus one and Im yet to feel the vibe of where Blizzard is going with this (not claiming that it made the game worse either though).

“dO yOu EvEn EnGlIsH?”, Nice counter-argument!

Sadly they put OW heroes that in the original game are strong and annoying. For example Junkrat and Ana were heroes that did not give Hots player a lot of problem like Genji.

Idk if OW heroes are entirely the problem. There were other heroes beside the already mentioned Genji or tracer who were OP on launch, like the already mentioned Samuro who won games instantly, Garrosh, who could pull you from afar and yeet you over his wall and tank dmg dealer Varian who had insane self healing and dmg.

The real problem I think is the developers lack of playtesting

2 Likes

or whining for the sake of whining is annoying too

1 Like

I know the OW heros have this stigma from the commjnity that they dont like them,since its a young Ip,but i really wouldnt mind to play lets say someone like Rickard or Rinehard that one seems like a cool one for me…anything then the OC heros.I never played OW but i dont mind there heros in hots thoe i preffer them the least in hots :stuck_out_tongue: cuz most of there toolkits just dont work for me.

Thoe i am also not a fan of Diablo IP,in hots most of my favorite heroes come from that ip ironiclly.

Also as ive said i think they did delibretly what they did and knew perfectly well that the new hero wount be recived well,the devs.They just want to be done with this dead ip where careers go to die.And be transfered to flesh project and have hope for promotions.

Are you also one of the naysayers that hadn’t actually played her before spouting nonsense like this?

Qhira is such a cool - but most importantly - amazingly fun and unique character. And that’s the point. If you knew WHY Nexus original characters exist at all, you likely wouldn’t moan about them. The very notion allows the developers to create cool ‘kit-first’ ideas and wholly unique silhouettes, animations, effects and abilities that simply are not possible when bringing in existing characters and being beholden to previous design work.

The crux of the matter - and what you take umbrage with most - seems to be that Qhira “isn’t a Blizzard character”. Well who designed and developed her, then? Bioware? Valve? Capcom? All Blizzard characters, no matter the game they appeared in, were new once.

Qhira has ALL the hallmarks of the fantastic Blizzard character design and development that the company is famous for, whilst simultaneously bringing in wildly creative, fascinating and downright fun concepts that would otherwise not be possible.

So yeah, berate them for that…

4 Likes

Great job missing the point.
Also cool smurf account…but hey if you wanna be like that,fine.

1 Like

Well by playing against her so many times I have grown to like her alot and I believe the guy is salty because he can’t counter her and it’s not good bashing them for trying to be creative :stuck_out_tongue: at all.But still I can’t get out the wakanda forever meme out of my head whenever I play against her haha :joy: and when I wreck her with valeera I say wakanda forever to her.

1 Like

Well that won’t stop people hating on her because:

1. She’s a nexus hero and as OP said, there are other great options that blizzard fans would love to see.
  2. She has no backstory. The orphan had a really nice story while this thing just came here out of nowhere.

All in all, Orphea, even tho she was hated at first, still found a place in peoples hearts but I dough (and I hope) people won’t get used to the turd that blizzard created and maybe they won’t create such a thing ever again

1 Like

what I hate the most about the new champ is:
○ it has no back story. It says she is from the nexus but whatever, she does not reveal anything about it, and is irrelevant to everything we know already about the nexus … wth is a hunter from the nexus !!
○ her E goes over terrain, it annoys the hek out of me !!!
it just ignores all collisions and it removes consistency from the game mechanics :frowning:

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap: Missing the point :clap::clap::clap:

Good for you mate! You are not one of people that dislikes her.

Actually not, they usually create first the gameplay kit, then they try to find a character that could fit it. As I said me and other players suggest Reno Jackson who can fit this kind of base kit.

You mean Wakanda Style ahahahah :joy:

1 Like

I don’t have to counter argument if there is none. You misunderstood my comment. I explained it. There is nothing to counter, but nice try :wink: