Hidden profiles are against competitive mindset

There is literally no competitive game and I don’t just mean video games but also board games and sports anything that hides ppls ratings or ranks.
It doesnt make sense!
You play something competitivly cause you WANT TO KNOW where you stand and where others stand, thats the whole point!
So hidden profiles are just detrimental and cause frustration. It’s like playing MMO and everyones level is hidden or football and u cant watch the scores and player history, it’s just stupid. And it’s something only blizzard would do ofc. Why always so stupid and small mindset in this company.

7 Likes

They did it attempt to break up the toxicity in the game.
Tbf its not standard across all competitive games to reveal the rank. CS:GO/R6 don’t do it, but you can use website to get hold of this data - if you can be bothered part way into the game.

It was useful though to find out what heros were their main so you could pick to counter them in the lobby.

For once I agree. Hidden profiles are one of the worst things they ever brought to the game.

You don’t have to give all the stats. Just what heroes they play most. That is all we really need.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree on your initial point that profiles should be public, but this is just a bad take.
Your rank tells you where you are.

I’d still like to see the ranks of my team mates and enemies, though.

I don’t care about the in-depth stats of any player. I just want to know the ranks of everyone in the lobby to have a semblance of competitive integrity and transparency just like in any other serious competitive game.

2 Likes

Not sure seeing the colour of a badge is going to help much. That badge could be very different to their MMR, which is what you’re matched on.

Just needs to say what heroes they play. That’s it.

We were told it was to reduce toxicity in the game in OW1 but it also conveniently hides the performance of the MMR system, you have no idea how many players on your team are 4 or 5 ranks lower than you just to keep queue times down, You also used to be able to see if you were playing against a stack or filling in a stack ect nobody liked filling in for stacks so now you still do you just don’t know it.

2 Likes

It was.

I would like all the stats of the people I am paired with/against, please.

From what I can see MMR system is defective multiple games in row I get placed with people who can’t damage, can’t tank, or can’t heal.

Just had a DPS on my team that did 8k damage the whole game playing Sojourn, I had 7k dmg playing Baptist, who I switched to after I realised the enemy Phara was not getting the attention they deserved.

The other 3 DPS in the game did double their damage (15k +) and had double their elims.

1 Like

Matchmaking is consistently proving that it is a joke.

With the amount of people having ‘anxiety’ nowadays, I doubt they will ever roll back that change.

That word certainly deserves to be in an apostrophe :wink:

This whole matchmaking/MMR system gives me anxiety, it is the definition of oppressive.

Whoever made it either hasn’t got a clue or is pure evil.

They should just rename it to “Oppression simulator” at this point, at-least people will know what to expect when they install it.

Just had another game whereby the two dps didn’t get 3k dmg, yet the other team had 7 and 9k.

Our tank had more than the dps damage put together.

Both dps did not even bothered changing to deal with the main dps on the opp team, which was a solo pharah (no mercy)…

Terrible MM.

That is more of a mentality thing, than it actually being something of issue though.

It is used in every single mode you play, so you can’t escape it.