It's happening again!

I see that it probably is not a false ban, you can say that your forum behaviour is different from your in game behaviour but in my experience most people who are negative on the forums are also negative in game and vice versa.

Calling people who call you out on that to be trolling/harassing you is also very bad.

You want proof? Here is you Proof:

If those were template responses and ticket cosures, how could that person get a detailed list of all lines that resulted in their penalty being justified?

The rules are asking you though to be nice. More specifically, they are demanding that you should act in a non-offensive way. The “Could” is still bothering though.

And now to you, Marten.

This thread is about you, not Atrophy.

The subject matter is about you. Arguing against you personally is a necessity.

Again, the thread is about you, not Atrophy.

What did I say? Context doesn’t matter. If a line is offensive, it is offensive. Any context can be said in an non-offensive manner but you didn’t do that.

Right here should this discussion be over. You admitted that you are offensive sometimes.

Accurate and still offensive. Nothing else matters, only whether or not a line is offensive.

Calling my disagreement with you “trolling” is offensive, too. You used the ad hominem fallacy again, weakening the opponent’s argument by attacking them personally, even though the person themselves have nothing to do with the argument.

What we’ve done isn’t an ad hominem fallacy because the thread is about you as a person. We have to attack you to weaken your arguments because these arguments are about you as a person.

The question is: “Are you talking in an offensive manner?”, not “Are you an a-hole?”

These bits and pieces are evidence that you do speak in an offensive manner. They don’t prove that you are an a-hole because the context is required for this question. To find out whether a phrase is offensive or not, only looking at the phrasing is necessary. Remember, the question is:

Are you talking in an offensive manner?

not “Are you an a-hole?”

Are you suggesting that 2 different people write on the forum and play the game? The same person is communicating on both platforms so their personality shines through in both the game and the forum. In fact, you tend to be more formal on the forum because you have time to think and you aren’t under stress. This would suggest that you are behaving in-game in a worse manner than on the forums. Why else do you think why when you get banned on the forum, you get banned in-game, too and vice versa?

We stick to the subject matter: Are you talking offensively or not? If you do it on the forums already, you will most likely do that during the games, too. The multiple penalties support this as well.

Ad hominem fallacy, again. Prove me wrong in a better way than attacking me personally without an actual reason.

Still attacking a strawman. What have I said in my previous reply?`

Both of us think you’re wrong because your anecdotal statements contradict your actual behaviour on the forum and the multiple penalties you’ve already got. In a nutshell, Atrophy didn’t frame you that you are a bad guy, they proved that what you say might be BS.

Yes, I’m defending them and do you know why? Because I have the same opinion as them. I, too, think that your statement has holes, that the way you portray and the way you act contradict each other. This is a discussions forum. If you don’t want to be confronted by people with different opinions than you, then leave!

And here is your answer on why you got penalized. Think about it: Reports for Chat abuse are always Subjective. The perspective of the reporter determines whether or not a line is offensive. You think that I’m offensive and thus you think you should report me. Well, I explain you multiple times that my focus is on contradicting your argument that you are always nice - Basically, I try to prove you that you have moments where you are offensive - but it doesn’t matter because you felt attacked.

This is how the report system for chat abuse works. If you perceive a line as offensive, it is reportable. You just made the same thing that has lead to your penalty. You are complaining how butthurt people who report you are and, now, you do it yourself. This is irony.

Your report might get through because you felt offended by my arguments. I was talking about how you do speak in an offensive manner but you felt like I tried to frame you as the bad person. Well, time will tell if I get penalized or not. If I do, I’ll take it because I said myself that every context can be said in an non-offensive manner. If I failed to do that, I deserve the penalty.

Also, saying that you reported us is rather childish. I don’t brag how I don’t report you because this is just a discussion, do I? So why do you feel the need to tell us that you’ve reported us?

1 Like

you still bring up this edge case of report reason from all. Ok I’ll give it to you, in case of chat rules violations when people type bad things in chat there may be some evidence (chat logs are cheap) but for the rest of reports and related suspensions there is none. Means, if you get (false) reported for gameplay sabotage a lot, your ban isn’t likely to get lifted - you’re gone.

how dare you educate people on their playing skills am I right? this is the reason I stopped playing Overwatch, people are A-holes and I don’t care if I say it out loud, they are mean and disrespectful and childlish. I know I generalize when I say this, but if I were to put a number on it, would say 80% of the community is like this. it really is that grim, believe me, especially here in Europe, this is the cesspool of Overwatch. America and Asia are so much better (Asia is the best),I’ve played in all 3.

Yes, this is true but we are talking about chat abuse now. For this case, let’s focus on that report type only before we stop seeing the forest for the trees.

Bludragon,

I stopped reading your replies.

quoting bits and pieces won’t work to make your argument valid.

We’re talking about in-game not forum flaming like you’re doing right now.

Grow up, stick to the subject matter and contribute or move along.
Stop wasting time in harassing people and trying to get a raise out of them.

I’d have liked to respond to you but FatBluDragon has pretty much said everything that could’ve been said.

The only thing that I want to add is that just because you keep repeating certain things doesn’t make those claims true.

The same goes for pointing out contradictions in your behavior and other criticism which you then proceed to deny with fallacies or name calling.

Atrophy I would like to refer to my previous comment.

It also counts for you.

Stick to the subject matter.
Stop trying to harass people, stop trying to get a raise out of them, stop trying to manipulate.

If you can’t abide these simple social guide lines, please refrain yourself from commenting as a whole.

Grow up

Why do you think that your behavior on the forum and during the game have nothing in common?

All bluedragon did was discredit your argument with your own behavior, because the subject is why you got sanctioned. All his points were pretty valid.

EDIT: typo

All he did was cut a few quotes that made me look bad in his favor trying to get a raise out of me.

Thus manipulating the content.
Even ignoring the subject matter of the original post in its entirety.

And he is doing it again in this post.

All that because I corrected him in various other posts in the past.

There for being angered and frustrated trying to put me on the spot.

Making it a personal matter rather than actually contributing to the subject matter it self.

Besides that he’s also prejudice by assuming I’m reflecting my ironic comments after being flamed at by him and the other guy several times, even in-game.

Besides all that, my comments have no illegal nature if they had I would have been silenced on the forums already.

It’s just me acting upon their toxicity stooping to their level of communication skills, nothing less nothing more.

Then let’s make it as clear as possible:

Prove that you are innocent! Prove that you’ve got falsely reported. Otherwise, this discussion is over.

2 Likes

There’s nothing I can prove and there’s nothing you have on me regarding the in-game communications.

Once again you’re making a ridiculous point of absolutely 0 value.

Like I said I’ve grown over 50 friends on battle.net and 2-3 days after my silence was lifted I reached endorsement 3 again. Those are facts and those are things a toxic player couldn’t achieve.

You can prove it: Appeal to lift the penalty.

If your appeal is successful, you proved us right. If it is the ladder, you proved us wrong.

Your number of friends don’t matter. What matters is what you said in chat, the lines you gave to others. If any of these lines were offensive in any way, you broke the CoC and a penalty would be justified.

Just appeal to lift the penalty. It will help you more than it will hurt you. In fact, it won’t hurt you at all because the worst thing that could happen is that your penalty won’t get lifted.

As a healer main, all you have to do is play healer in qp and you’re there. Endorsements are flawed due to one reason, xp being rewarded for endorsing players.

You know this whole situation kinda reminded me of this scene from family guy

Doesn’t work as much as it did earlier but still.

2 Likes

Ok that kinda broke me :joy:

I can’t, there is no penalty I haven’t been banned yet, I received a warning in advance.

Have you actually read the original post?

No… endorsement and friends don’t indicate a friendly player.
We all know trolls and toxic players have the highest endorsement levels and fattest friendlist.

We are not talking about friendliness, we are talking about rule breaking. Jeez! The whole time, I’m trying to explain to you that you sometimes use offensive language. I never said that you aren’t nice! I said that some of your phrasings are offensive! Stick to the main subject and ask yourself this:

Can some things I say be offensive?

If yes, then you are breaking the CoC when saying these things. That makes the reports justified.

Sorry, I might have misread it.

Then why did you make such a drama in the first place? You just caused tension over nothing. You got warned but not penalized. Start posting a thread after you got penalized and you appealed to lift the penalty.

This thread is better off closed. There literary nothing more to add to that discussion.

Yes and what would make me want to break any of the rules when I’m an overall friendly player?

I just had an unjust silence, did you really think I wanted another one?

I literally avoid using the in-game chat as much as possible as stated in the original post.

So any actual reports based on abusive chat is false. But we all know it’s an auto ban system that counts a certain amount of reports and doesn’t screen for actual violations. You know that, I know that.

In fact I had angry toxic team members reporting me for sharing call outs over voice chat.