Overwatch 2 Log-in loop. We need help fixing this (Blizzard, please look into this ASAP!)

Still can’t login after another maintenance rip

ok so i’ve been having the same login loop, as some user posted here before i tried going to battle.net privacy & communications → communication preferences —> enable sms account alerts. this immediatly fixed the issue for me and i was able to login.

1 Like

lucky you, it doesnt worked 4 me xd as all 50 other fixes…

i’ve tried to change password and reset my telephone number aswell before i attempted this enable sms account alerts, have u tried that?

still cant login even after another update … i put in my details and it says connecting for a few seconds but then it just goes back to the login menu

2 Likes

Resetting the password, re-applying the same number, enabling SMS alerts, and even creating a fresh account (with the same number) have all failed to work for me.

I strongly suspect our phone numbers have been erroneously shadowbanned. Unfortunately, I don’t have the luxury of changing mine just to play Overwatch.

It could take a while to resolve as I really doubt they have the technical support systems in place to deal with the problem. It’s just another case of Blizzard lacking foresight.

Edit: I just wanted to add that we’d all really appreciate a comment from a Blizzard staff member. Even if it’s just to say that you’re looking into the problem. The radio silence is a bad look.

14 Likes

so frustrating. can’t even get into a queue.

2 Likes

still not working, bro what’s this game

1 Like

has anyone found a fix yet mine still dont work

1 Like

same still have the problem

1 Like

I finally received a response to my ticket and it was the same automated message they sent me when I first opened it.

Your ticket has received the following response:

Greetings, You are receiving this response as we have identified your ticket to be related to the recent Overwatch 2 launch. The Overwatch 2 team has made the decision to remove phone number requirements for a majority of existing Overwatch players. Any Overwatch player with a connected Battle.net account, which includes all players who have played since June 9, 2021, will not have to provide a phone number to play. More updates will be posted directly on the following forum thread: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-2-launch-status-update/700480 Should you still require help, please make sure to include any relevant information and documentation in your ticket. Details of what's required can be found on the related support articles: Country Change: https://battle.net/support/article/7656 Add a Phone Number: https://battle.net/support/article/26824 Update Phone Number: https://battle.net/support/article/11493 Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Click here to review and resolve your ticket. If you continue to experience issues, you can respond to your ticket with additional information.

If you do not resolve the ticket or provide an additional response within one week, we will resolve the ticket automatically and you'll receive a final update via email.

Regards,
Blizzard Support

I created my account two days ago. I HAVE to attach a phone number. I waited over 24 hours to get the SAME message that I already told them didn’t apply to me.

Really poor. Even by Blizz’s standards.

3 Likes

I tried to connect for the first time in my life last night and I have the same problem, it has nothing to do with the DDOS attack

2 Likes

Same problem, for my son:
I’ve been playing ok and my account works fine, but on my sons computer, in same house, same network, he has never been able to log in.
He is logged into battle.net (can even play WoW) but OW2 asked for log in details.

Not good :worried:

3 Likes

Wow, how is that even considered a response? That’s just an automated email - they clearly don’t want to deal with support tickets at all that’s why it’s so convoluted to send one in the first place.

I tried enabling SMS notifications as suggested above - didn’t work. Then I tried removing my phone number completely as I can now launch the game without it, but the problem still persists and I’m in this endless loop of account purgatory.

1 Like

I first managed to play on PS5 on launch, carried over my skins right away from OW1.

Installed on PC the following day with many login long que times but was eventually still able to get on and prompted the account merge with my PlayStation account. I played.

I saw before logging off yesterday that my account merge was down into the 500 que, so it was close to time.

Now trying to log in 2h ago after sleeping I’m no longer able to play on either PS5 or PC.

Pretty certain this all deals with account merge.

After doing some of the things listed on here, and now I don’t even have my accounts connected any longer. I’m stuck in a endless ‘Connecting…’ loop and no longer prompts a error in red of any sort.

*The connecting loop has now ended and will not repeat itself, instead I get the ‘unexpected server error has occurred.’

1 Like

I had exactly this problem - turned off my VPN - fixed it for me!

Had to make a new account just to play with friends on my day off. Absolute unprofessional bs.

3 Likes

I can not log into overwatch 2 with my account but two days I get logged in, but after that I can not enter but with my account in the game , but when I entered with my brother’s newly created, get lit to the game I would like to know what happened because only my account does not log ? obs within the game gets an infinite loop of asking for email and password and then pops up a message was not possible to log in.

Guys try changing the language in Privacy & Communication on their website (battle.net). I changed mine from English to Italiano, after opening the game it went straight to the main menu with no queue.

2 Likes

What problem were you having before? Queue times aren’t the issue.