There no defense against report system abuse

Can you give some examples?

FatblueDragon, we had a massive thread about this before.

I dont think u need examples.

PS: this is not a attack on you.

1 Like

Yeah,
I just wanted to know what kind of example the op’s referring to.

It could be another case but if it is basically the same case, I’d link him to the thread.

LOL how many examples you need. I almost never report people only when it’s to hard to handle.

People are reported for so many reason:

• Hero picks
  • bec the game is lost
  • for not switching to a certain hero*
  • because you type something and a little kidd can handle the truth
  • need i go on for more examples???

I got a warning for too many abusive chat reports when all I do is meme in match chat.

There is a thread regarding the report system but it is about reporting for chat abuse.

It is rather painful to read because it escalated often.

My question was to find out what kind of reports the op’s talking about cheating, game play sabotage, chat abuse or something else.

1 Like

Maybe play the game and don’t trigger the people?

Beside that what you did to ‘‘trigger’’ them?

abusive chat was the report

Yeah then you should check out that other thread.

Long story short: due to the code of conduct, in theory, everything you say can break the CoC and thus be reported for chat abuse.

Whether negative comments like “our dps is useless” should be tolerated, that’s debatable. There are both arguments for and against tolerating such behaviour.

Too many memes i guess. Idk.

because youre a thrower

sounds like a fair reason

2 Likes

If I stopped that I would never receive the automated thank message at the start of the game, no deal.

It’s a verdict by jury, even though the jury obviously isn’t qualified to judge people. If a group wants to collectively pick on someone by false reporting him/her, then that person could get punished. It happened to me the other day and I lost an endorsement level for it. I wasn’t abusive, but they were. Doesn’t matter, because my one report, even though it was actually true is still only one report whereas their 5 reports, though false are still 5 reports.

However, I think you’d have to be extremely unlucky to get enough false reports to warrant a warning or a serious punishment. At least I’ve never been punished or warned yet.

Which memes? also if you’re spamming or making memes mid battle then you’re not really playing the game.

Almost spit my morning coffee to this. The irony of complaining about false reporting while calling somebody a little kid is just so on point :joy::ok_hand:

Blizzard what the actual frickle frackle…
I got flamed 3 matches in a row really bad and I got frustrated by this and told them off and then I muted them… and then I get a warning for abusive chat… I already got silenced once with this exact same problem… please look into your reports bc this is actually upsetting for me and it demotivates me and my friends to play more… I have to report people pretty much every game now it’s that bad…

regards,
The lord of girth

The system of reports is done through an automated system, which cares mostly – if not only – about the quantity of the reports and not the quality.
I know that this is bad, nonetheless, it would be hard to keep track of every report and check if it’s valid.
Next time you play, try to get some evidence of the reports being inappropriate, if it’s text that’s the trouble, then screenshots shouldn’t be a problem, whereas vocal abuse could be recorded through programs like Action! or OBS.

Problem is they don’t care about screenshots, because they have THE evidence, which is most likely not true and just being said so they don’t have to bother anymore and can close the ticket

If somebody tells you that you’re funking dogchocolate and you tell the same back to them you’re no better than them. Just because somebody does something that’s against the rules will never mean that you’re allowed to break those rules too. You violated the ToS, got reported, warned and that’s that. Next time I’d recommend just reporting, avoiding and muting these flaming players.

8 Likes

If somebody tells me to swap from a certain hero because he thinks I’m trash and I reply with no dude I’m popping off or dude I’m doing better than u what does that mean for u? and then I mute them most of the times so idk